Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd pull the factory off they unbolt. Then bolt up new ones with the outer tube that holds plastics up. Start over is what I was planning. You can also weld nuts to the inside where skid plates mount for much better mounting.
Ive considered rivet nuts on bottom of stock tube so we may be on same page. Notch it so it's a tight fit and have flat piece welded to bottom of slider and bolt it to frame tube. Mount would be unnoticeable.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ive considered rivet nuts on bottom of stock tube so we may be on same page. Notch it so it's a tight fit and have flat piece welded to bottom of slider and bolt it to frame tube. Mount would be unnoticeable.
Sounds like same page lol. I'm sure you'll do a great job once you get freed up a bit on all the other projects

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp and Delton
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I haven't really looked underneath. You say that section will unbolt? How big of a section is it?
It unbolts at the frame. I'd sure add a rear brace and bracket that like the factory front two.

Reactions: sharp and Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Figured up my mileage and hours yesterday evening. Averaging 9.5mph over 2273 miles. And that's with all the road mileage I've put on it lately. We do alot of crawling around here lol.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got my Optima anchored down under driver's seat, sorry no pics. Im not very good at wiring so I'm making it very simple. Everything but the machine will run off battery #2. All accessories are powered by a fuse box which gets power from a 4pin relay that's triggered by the black/white acc. wire. I'll just run power wire off the optima but still triggered by same wire.

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sneak peek.....
Screenshot 20170710 230257

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Quick, where is factory chassis ground located? I'm getting tired of looking. Can't find my manual grrrr!!!

Reactions: sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Is that the one under the driver seat hidden behind the plastic?

Reactions: sharp
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Just run a ground wire from battery 1 to battery 2 and be done with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Delton
elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I did the same. Put a blue sea terminal post in place. Ran ground wires from both batteries to the post as well as all accessory grounds. Added a separate frame ground.

G R O U N D E D that sapsucker. I H8 ground issues

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did the same. Put a blue sea terminal post in place. Ran ground wires from both batteries to the post as well as all accessory grounds. Added a separate frame ground.

G R O U N D E D that sapsucker. I H8 ground issues

A fuel injected vehicle with ground issues is like a giraffe with a sore throat. Very bad lol.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Had a trailer years ago that ate two brake controllers in a month then started blowing fuses in the truck.

I could travel about 5 miles before blowing light fuses. Had a 200 mile trip one night and went through a metric sh-t ton of fuses.

Traced it all finally to a bad ground on the right trailer taillight (would only blow fuses at night). Ground wire was loose inside the light and would bounce against the hot wire.

I won't publicly state how long it took me to find that S O B!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!