Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
They look great by the way. It changed the whole look.

WillyNilly

WillyNilly

Feb 13, 2016
South Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh and it looks great BTW! You wouldn't happen to have any pics from front view and rear view would ya? 5+2 rim offset?

catwalking

catwalking

Mar 16, 2016
fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View media item 2205s
Also got the snorkel installed. Pretty easy installation. Love how its almost invisible. It's camouflaged against the passenger headrest. Put my hand over the inlet and killed motor like it should. Alot of vacuum when I tried to remove my hand. So it's working like it's supposed to. I'll post some install photos in a separate thread. There is some intake growl under a load but I kinda like it.
View attachment 12258 View attachment 12259
Here's my finished product from the back

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've had the material to build a small welding table for a while just never had good reason to assemble it. So today I stuck it together. Got a couple projects in mind and it'd really come in handy
IMG 20160323 143857743 HDR 800x450

Wanna guess which project is first? Lol
IMG 20160323 143922199 HDR 800x450

Reactions: pct and joeymt33
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What I've got so far. Its been awhile since I've started from scratch. Forgot how time consuming it is lol. Running 2 1" square tubes with supports between them should be plenty strong. Who knows I may come out in morning and throw it in the trash lol.
IMG 20160323 173122239 HDR 800x450
IMG 20160323 173143165 HDR 800x450

Reactions: pct and Tot
advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gonna have to call it quits for now. Got a 6yr old dying to see Zootopia at the movies lol. When momma ain't here to boss me, she fills in lmao.

Reactions: pct and Tot
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What I've got so far. Its been awhile since I've started from scratch. Forgot how time consuming it is lol. Running 2 1" square tubes with supports between them should be plenty strong. Who knows I may come out in morning and throw it in the trash lol.View attachment 12361 View attachment 12362
Looking good! Don't throw it away... If that gives you trouble, try welding a 3 to 5 inch pipe to the end of the member that carries the spare tire. then spread the ears apart on the mount so the pipe could fit in between (consider using 2 u-bolts at the ROPS). pin the pipe between the ears with a longer bolt with bushings inside top and bottom of the pipe. The load of the tire wants to rotate the bolt... a longer bolt makes a better lever and because of this will see smaller loads at the bushings. this should give you less binding and smoother operation.

Reactions: pct and Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking good! Don't throw it away... If that gives you trouble, try welding a 3 to 5 inch pipe to the end of the member that carries the spare tire. then spread the ears apart on the mount so the pipe could fit in between (consider using 2 u-bolts at the ROPS). pin the pipe between the ears with a longer bolt with bushings inside top and bottom of the pipe. The load of the tire wants to rotate the bolt... a longer bolt makes a better lever and because of this will see smaller loads at the bushings. this should give you less binding and smoother operation.
That's a good idea. I wasn't too concerned with using the bolt as a pivot considering I won't be swinging it very often. And yes, definitely using 2 separate bases on the ROPS with Ubolts. May run to hardware store tomorrow and get some bushings for the pivot bolts. OR could also use couple of heim joints. Weld a nut to end of the tubing mounted to ROPS, then screw in heim joint with a jam nut. Then run a bolt through the joint. That would make it easy to adjust upper and lower support tubing so they line up before welding in supports. Man I miss my old maint supervisor job. I had access to so many resources lol. Wished I hadn't thrown away that huge McMaster Carr catalog lol. Guess I can always shop online. Thanks for the added option! It usually takes me a while to get to final form. When I get an idea I build it instead of drawing it out. I like a hands on model instead lol.

Reactions: PioneerPete
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh yeah @PioneerPete, we are "supposed" to be off this coming Sunday and hopefully Monday. If I am, maybe we can work out a day to work on your trailer. Shouldn't take long at all. I could even throw welder in back of truck and come to you. I have a smaller bottle of gas (I think lol). I prefer using it with 220v but my Miller uses a weird 3 prong 220 plug. But 110 will work too. Anyways, something to keep in mind.

Reactions: PioneerPete
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I concur lmao sounds like good advice

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@Delton did mention several times how far we were from the trucks and how bad it would suck to have a tire failure.

I'll be watching this for the outcome.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
@Delton did mention several times how far we were from the trucks and how bad it would suck to have a tire failure.

wonder the down sides for strapping it to the roof on occasions like these for people that don't need to have a spare all the time!! obviously height clearance?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
wonder the down sides for strapping it to the roof on occasions like these for people that don't need to have a spare all the time!! obviously height clearance?

I have thought about that. I don't think it's that bad of an idea. If you ride real fast or climb steep hills, it may affect the handling though.

Also, a tire shouldn't get hurt from a limb hitting it while riding up high.

Last edited:
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I have thought about that. I don't think it's that bad of an idea. If you ride real fast or climb steep hills, it may affect the handling though.

Also, a tire shouldn't get hurt from a limb hitting it.
for me I don't need a spare tire for the area I ride in!!! don't get me wrong Ive literally used hundreds of plugs in my life time as many as 8-9 in a single hole with amazing luck!!!! but I've never been riding on razor sharp rocks either. slime and plugs air comp and starter fluid!! funny how lots talk about things packed in there carry on list haven't seen starter fluid yet in this forum? don't leave home without it.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Concerns of someone that rode alone 99% of the time lol. That statistic should drop considerably now that I know of at least 4 people within an hour's driving distance lol.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!