Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've only been off roading for little less than 2 yrs now and have never had a spare to carry lol. @joeymt33 Im also working on a carrier that's receiver mounted like yours (cause it's a great idea as well), and still ain't counting out mounting it on the front (like we discussed briefly). I like options (not to mention the smell of welded metal lol). Saving the front mount for when I work on front bumper idea. Not sure how much time I'll have this spring/summer but I've definitely got stuff to work on next winter lol.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Done with the pivot point problem. Went and got some bronze flange sleeves. It should swing for a long time before needing any attention. Don't like the wiggle of the Ubolt on the base so I'm going with 2 each base. Last day off so I'm quitting to spend time with Emilee ( yeah she's got me wrapped around that pinkie but hey, nothing wrong with that). All that's left is making a duplicate of what I have now and welding some cross supports. Then I can start on base for tire mount and small storage area. Putting the tire closest to the bases for strength. Storage will probably be a small area of expanded.
IMG 20160324 121640694 HDR 800x450
IMG 20160324 121722252 HDR 800x450

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Done with the pivot point problem. Went and got some bronze flange sleeves. It should swing for a long time before needing any attention. Don't like the wiggle of the Ubolt on the base so I'm going with 2 each base. Last day off so I'm quitting to spend time with Emilee ( yeah she's got me wrapped around that pinkie but hey, nothing wrong with that). All that's left is making a duplicate of what I have now and welding some cross supports. Then I can start on base for tire mount and small storage area. Putting the tire closest to the bases for strength. Storage will probably be a small area of expanded.
View attachment 12389 View attachment 12390
o no the honda red is coming off!!!!

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
o no the honda red is coming off!!!!
Lol yeah it's almost done. No biggie let it come off lol. Need to use better paint and prep the letters better. The pressure washer got to them

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh yeah @PioneerPete, we are "supposed" to be off this coming Sunday and hopefully Monday. If I am, maybe we can work out a day to work on your trailer. Shouldn't take long at all. I could even throw welder in back of truck and come to you. I have a smaller bottle of gas (I think lol). I prefer using it with 220v but my Miller uses a weird 3 prong 220 plug. But 110 will work too. Anyways, something to keep in mind.
I should be able to break away Sunday and ride up your way... would love to see your place. But if you just want to come this way, bring your Honda and I'll take you up to AMA after we're done welding on the trailer...

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Lol yeah it's almost done. No biggie let it come off lol. Need to use better paint and prep the letters better. The pressure washer got to them
use some adhesion promoter!

catwalking

catwalking

Mar 16, 2016
fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This hose may work. It it rubber and can handle heat and is metal reinforced. And there are larger sizes if that would be needed. Looks like with the fittings needed if some one wanted to build their own it could be done under $100. Not sure how long of a hose would be needed but this comes 11'. Should be long enough for at least 2 snorkels I would think.
Amazon.com: Garage Exhaust Flare-Lok Rubber Duct Hose, Black, For Use With Fume: Industrial & Scientific

View attachment 12128
Nice try with the hose.... my buddy order some we try to squeeze down the metal poked little holes on the rubber he ended up just ordering the same Snorkel kit I got

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice try with the hose.... my buddy order some we try to squeeze down the metal poked little holes on the rubber he ended up just ordering the same Snorkel kit I got
Sometimes it just pays to bite the bullet and pay up lol.

catwalking

catwalking

Mar 16, 2016
fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 12389 View attachment 12390
Are you building a cooler rack

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you building a cooler rack
It's gonna be a "whatever you want to throw in there" rack lol. Haven't taken any measurements but gonna try to keep it small for weight reasons. Maybe 12x24" or so. Nothing written in stone yet.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I should be able to break away Sunday and ride up your way... would love to see your place. But if you just want to come this way, bring your Honda and I'll take you up to AMA after we're done welding on the trailer...
It'd be preferable to do it here. Welder is portable but it's one heavy somb*tch. Plus I know I can use 220v which is always better. I should know for sure if we will be off sunday or not. They are famous for being wishy washy though. I'll holler soon as I know something.

Reactions: PioneerPete
catwalking

catwalking

Mar 16, 2016
fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's gonna be a "whatever you want to throw in there" rack lol. Haven't taken any measurements but gonna try to keep it small for weight reasons. Maybe 12x24" or so. Nothing written in stone yet.
Looking good...... I'm going to look for a picture I had a guy build me a really cool cooler rack out of exhaust tubing it worked awesome only paid 200 bucks it was on the Ranger I had I think you'll really dig it thinking of getting one built for the 1000

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Made the other support today and halfway got it mounted. I'm really digging this thing. It's actually gonna be a nice rack lol. I ziptied it to the other side just to get a sneak peak of how it's gonna look. With it attached at both ends, it should be very sturdy piece. Bad news is gotta go back to the hell hole tomorrow and earn my keep. Got my fingers crossed I have Sunday off. And maybe even cut out overtime on Monday.
IMG 20160324 184252769 800x450
IMG 20160324 184303466 800x450
IMG 20160324 184315426 800x450

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It'd be preferable to do it here. Welder is portable but it's one heavy somb*tch. Plus I know I can use 220v which is always better. I should know for sure if we will be off sunday or not. They are famous for being wishy washy though. I'll holler soon as I know something.
sounds good. my wife will probably be happier with me if I don't go riding on Easter Sunday... (=

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
sounds good. my wife will probably be happier with me if I don't go riding on Easter Sunday... (=
I was gonna suggest bring your Pioneer with you lmao. Guess you do have a point about it being Easter.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Woke up this morning wondering if the 1" square tubing will be strong enough lol. Guess I dream about this crap too lol. I've got several sticks of 1.5" square. May make some supports out of it and see how it looks. That spare alone is alot of weight to be swinging around.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@PioneerPete they have decided to let us do PM sunday while the rest is home with families. So I'm a no go for sunday unless you want to stop by after 6 or so. That does keep us from working Monday though. Any chance you're available Monday?

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Made the other support today and halfway got it mounted. I'm really digging this thing. It's actually gonna be a nice rack lol. I ziptied it to the other side just to get a sneak peak of how it's gonna look. With it attached at both ends, it should be very sturdy piece. Bad news is gotta go back to the hell hole tomorrow and earn my keep. Got my fingers crossed I have Sunday off. And maybe even cut out overtime on Monday.
View attachment 12443 View attachment 12444 View attachment 12445
Subscribing... :D

advertisement