knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yup I have looked at a couple where getting a 1000 in is going to be tight and I may have to crawl out the bed.

Look at these

Screenshot 20171021 192233

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Yeah saw those on the web, I really like them look far more solid than a camper, but beyond my budget at $70k though.

Having that much money tied up in truck/trailer combo is not for me. If we were using it EVERY weekend sure, but it'd be 12-15 times a year maybe. So I am budgeting to keep: cost difference for a 1-ton vs ½ ton, camper, and the camping spot cost, all under the rental cost of a cabin/house/condo/motel for the same amount of use per year. Otherwise the hassle of towing, storage, and maintenance is not justifiable to me.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
knuckledeep

knuckledeep

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There nice. Work and play is anotger brand that makes smaller ones

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yeah saw those on the web, I really like them look far more solid than a camper, but beyond my budget at $70k though.

Having that much money tied up in truck/trailer combo is not for me. If we were using it EVERY weekend sure, but it'd be 12-15 times a year maybe. So I am budgeting to keep: cost difference for a 1-ton vs ½ ton, camper, and the camping spot cost, all under the rental cost of a cabin/house/condo/motel for the same amount of use per year. Otherwise the hassle of towing, storage, and maintenance is not justifiable to me.

So we get a bad ass big one and split it you use it when you nees and ill use it. Lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yup I have looked at a couple where getting a 1000 in is going to be tight and I may have to crawl out the bed.
What year is your Ford? I know early body style will accept a Pioneer in the bed. Not sure cut off date on Ford because they ran the same cab for a long time. If the truck accepted the 1000 a very reasonable tongue mount could be purchased.
I miss having my old truck it was so nice not to require a trailer,

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What year is your Ford? I know early body style will accept a Pioneer in the bed. Not sure cut off date on Ford because they ran the same cab for a long time. If the truck accepted the 1000 a very reasonable tongue mount could be purchased.
I miss having my old truck it was so nice not to require a trailer,

Considered that it might fit in the bed but won't on any of them with wheel tire combo I'm going to be running.

Haven't bought a truck yet, I am trying to make everything work together since I actually have that option.
1999-2001, 2012 and newer F-350s, staying away from 6.0 and 6.4 motors.
I'd entertain a dodge/ram all day long if it had the carrying capacity for the right 5th wheel (on paper, for insurance purposes) and a good solid motor/transmission.

BUT theres NO F'ING way I am buying another GM product that is a piss poor excuse for a truck and has McDonalds level customer service. I'll buy a Polaris first, a Prius second, then change my name to Kaitlyn before theres another Chevy product in my name.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Considered that it might fit in the bed but won't on any of them with wheel tire combo I'm going to be running.

Haven't bought a truck yet, I am trying to make everything work together since I actually have that option.
1999-2001, 2012 and newer F-350s, staying away from 6.0 and 6.4 motors.
I'd entertain a dodge/ram all day long if it had the carrying capacity for the right 5th wheel (on paper, for insurance purposes) and a good solid motor/transmission.

BUT theres NO F'ING way I am buying another GM product that is a piss poor excuse for a truck and has McDonalds level customer service. I'll buy a Polaris first, a Prius second, then change my name to Kaitlyn before theres another Chevy product in my name.
Bhahaha. Agreement on at least some of that
Then my next suggestion is out the door I suppose? Pretend it's Isuzu because that's what it is lol. Could be toy hauler full conversion 6500. Expensive motor but could be swapped out down the road to something more inline

IMG 1220

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bhahaha. Agreement on at least some of that
Then my next suggestion is out the door I suppose? Pretend it's Isuzu because that's what it is lol. Could be toy hauler full conversion 6500. Expensive motor but could be swapped out down the road to something more inline

View attachment 57356

Nope to the Chevy, you can buy it and a prius and call yourself whatever ya want.

I looked at a cargo trailer conversion but the amount of work was ridiculous, considering the end cost would be about the same, and I spend enough time away from fam the whole point is to spend more with them. Gonna be a factory toy hauler if I end up going that route.

Staying away from economically priced motorhomes as well no one seems to want to track problems down when you have them, dad has a winnie on a ford gasser chassis and winnie and ford point fingers at each other instead of fixing it.
Customer service is important to me.

I know I am painting myself into a corner but its gonna be the corner I want haha.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I've been kicking a lot of things around too. Love the bus but we always need a trailer now with Pioneer and after so many years I'm over the sheer size with trailer. Still want something but don't want single digits for fuel and no towing.
There are so many options for some but like you I've said no to most especially the 70k package deal. Hard to justify when we still get out and have as good a time in tent. Just not anymore in the snow, old lady kiboshed clearing snow for the tent lol.
You're love for the bowtie is exactly like mine in Popo! I'm curious to see the package you come up with

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!