BOX1

Does Honda really want to sell side x sides???

D

Dovetail

Lifetime Member
Feb 7, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon x4
From where I’m at my answer to my own question is a solid NO. Ive been on a list to buy a Talon 4x since January. I have called dealerships as far as three states away in a 360 degree circle and no one has one or knows when one will be delivered and the waiting lists are averaging about 14 deep.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
From where I’m at my answer to my own question is a solid NO. Ive been on a list to buy a Talon 4x since January. I have called dealerships as far as three states away in a 360 degree circle and no one has one or knows when one will be delivered and the waiting lists are averaging about 14 deep.
Hondas are just junk anyways. :rolleyes:

F

feltner1079

Apr 9, 2021
Houston
Ownership

1. Talon x4
I bought mine out of Marshall, TX. I live over 4 hours from there. I think the next closest was about 500 miles further. Disclaimer: we travel almost 700 miles to ride at Cloud 9 Ranch. It is worth it all!!! Lol
Put 32's on it today.

20210501 150002

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I bought mine out of Marshall, TX. I live over 4 hours from there. I think the next closest was about 500 miles further. Disclaimer: we travel almost 700 miles to ride at Cloud 9 Ranch. It is worth it all!!! Lol
Put 32's on it today.

View attachment 269446
Thats the color I like. Everyone around here is showing August before it arrives.

F

feltner1079

Apr 9, 2021
Houston
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Thats the color I like. Everyone around here is showing August before it arrives.

My Jeep was already black and green color scheme. I am in the process of painting the trailer rims green.... lol
When I hook it up to my wife's jeep it has a black and red color scheme. So the red and green become Christmas 🎄!!! Lol

PSX 20210501 140612

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It all comes down to the Chicoms! Thats the reason from the beginning why everyone has to wait! There plan all along weather we like it or not! Its the cold hard truth, Not Honda.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All brands have the same challenge.

Anything with wheels is hard to find or way overpriced.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any company running a 5S type supply chain program have been hit hard. I'm sure honda wants to make as many as they can. But supply chains are broken with alternate supply already spoken for...
We already seen this with the Pioneer coming with off brand tires.

Things like tires can be easily exchanged. Primary and critical parts can not.

Question is not...
how many can they build..
Its...
What can they build today.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

R

rickoshea

i have a whole laundry list of things i'm waiting on right now,appliances,hot tub,new truck,trailer,i've even locked in some home reno's early because of the lumber prices.supply chain issues are bonkers for all kinds of stuff.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
WAS! looking to buy a tractor, they won't come off MSRP, because they don't know when and if they can get replacement units for the units they sell. If your upset enough, call the Longshoreman's Union, all the pieces and parts to build your Talon are on a ship out in the Ocean, waiting to be off loaded by the Longshoremen.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hondas are just junk anyways. :rolleyes:
I agree can't get 41k miles out of a set of tires on them.
Screenshot 20200530 091639 Gallery

First world problems when you can't buy toys with your $6k of stimulus money. Real Honda fans had their machine before pandemic and sales for Hondas SXS went up 150% over 2019 sales.

H

HondaTech

We've been told its not parts issue atm, it's getting them to the dealers.

That and they think South Carolina running 2 shifts, 5 days a week is 100%. In my book, thats normal shifts.

You can think the puppet for making it perfectly fine to not work, sit on your ass and get government money.

Many_Gs

Many_Gs

Apr 5, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. Talon x4
I placed my pre-order for a 1000 x4 live valve about six in a half weeks ago. Supposed to hear from my dealership this coming week on when it should arrive.

I've called hundreds of dealerships, the 4 seaters are impossible to find right now. Hoping my x4 LV shows up next week per schedule.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

G

greenacresnorth

Nov 1, 2020
Morganton Nc
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Any company running a 5S type supply chain program have been hit hard. I'm sure honda wants to make as many as they can. But supply chains are broken with alternate supply already spoken for...
We already seen this with the Pioneer coming with off brand tires.

Things like tires can be easily exchanged. Primary and critical parts can not.

Question is not...
how many can they build..
Its...
What can they build today.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
I can promise after the past 1.5 years of this, if the economy keeps going the majority of OEM's will ditch "just on time" supply chain..... for a little while until some group of jackwagons forget about 2020/2021 and think 5S and 6 sigma are a good idea!!

HavasuDave

HavasuDave

Dec 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
I agree can't get 41k miles out of a set of tires on them.
View attachment 269509

First world problems when you can't buy toys with your $6k of stimulus money. Real Honda fans had their machine before pandemic and sales for Hondas SXS went up 150% over 2019 sales.
Wow! 40k? That on a pioneer? What model year is that? Maybe I missed it, what was your maintenance experience during that time?

I’ve owned 2 Polaris rzr’s an 800s for 8k and rzr 1000 for 11k and they are pretty much a 10k mile machine. They start wearing out, needing primary and secondary clutches and other issues. I tell my riding buddies that my talon is a 20k mile or more machine. Coming up on 6k and it’s holding up fine.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!