P500 Doolin64's C.R.A.P. 500 Build

D

Deleted member 3748

Can you post a "run-down" of sorts on the Kimpex windshield?
I have my next windshield picked out and I wanted to mention it, but decided I should do my homework on the Kimpex first. I can't even find this windshield for a Pioneer. :confused:

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I have my next windshield picked out and I wanted to mention it, but decided I should do my homework on the Kimpex first. I can't even find this windshield for a Pioneer. :confused:

I'm gonna go glass...
soon as I save enough....
pennies
8 bennies....

Reactions: ChungasRevenge
ChungasRevenge

ChungasRevenge

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2016
The Land of Nod
Ownership

1. 500

Found and example on E-Bay. But, I can't find a good write-up on it.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I'm not sure if I have an organ worth donating to scientific research that would be glass worthy..
If I knew the one I had
would..... scratch this bad
wouldn't have..... bought it
I know guys with glass
....one & done....
tired of polishing scratches
out.....every winter.
to each his own

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Can you get under the "hood". Hate to waste a dealer Freebie.
Tip out....
makes getting in hood
....a hassle.
big black box...
bags on inside of doors
plenty...of storage

J

JTW

If I knew the one I had
would..... scratch this bad
wouldn't have..... bought it
I know guys with glass
....one & done....
tired of polishing scratches
out.....every winter.
to each his own
I'll buy a glass wimdshield when they make one that fully opens

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I'll buy a glass wimdshield when they make one that fully opens
This glass tips out on bottom
those that fold....not very ridged
....but everyone's got there own
....deal.

doolin64

doolin64

Oct 16, 2014
EMP was actually my first choice. I loved how simple it mounted. I was worried it wouldn't fit with my Moose roof. So I went with this Kolpin.

I also should add, the windshield for me is a winter option. I plan to run no windshield or back window in the summer. I typically won't ride If the weather is bad anyhow. I never ride with a windshield on my atv either. That was through the winters as well.

As for the Kolpin, supposedly this one is scratched resistant. It mounts easily if there is no roof blocking you. I'd bet it would be a faster install with the Honda roof. It uses six plastic clips to mount. To access your underhood storage you just have pull the windshield up. 4 clips on each side. Leave the two at the top clipped so the windshield rotates up. The vent does not block my view and I'm 6'2. Allegedly this alleviates the negative pressure to avoid dust coming in from behind. I can't attest to that. My vent did come with a broken tab to hold a vent door closed. I called my seller and Kimpex sent me a new one within a week. For now I'll run the original and keep the new one as a backup.

I can't attest to its scratch resistance. It's plastic after so I don't have high hopes. I think glass is the only way to go to avoid that. I'll update as I get more use on it and take it in the trails. 52e35728206c8be2baebb5ccedb7b1f1

I did not use the upper clips as I drilled out the windshield so my roof clamps could mount. This picture is looking up at the roof. The light grey is weather stripping I used to avoid vibration if the roof on the cage originally.

Ba4d72dc5c9c2cc5e8c29de1d6b9b111

Vent

D1fb44c4f65ae877d873912fcfa44f7a

Vent inside with louver doors open

B1e29a02e1bbe5e65812d3658a0ca397

Roof seal

5d84bb7bac0d5fa5b49fe75a0a7cf0a3

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
EMP was actually my first choice. I loved how simple it mounted. I was worried it wouldn't fit with my Moose roof. So I went with this Kolpin.

I also should add, the windshield for me is a winter option. I plan to run no windshield or back window in the summer. I typically won't ride If the weather is bad anyhow. I never ride with a windshield on my atv either. That was through the winters as well.

As for the Kolpin, supposedly this one is scratched resistant. It mounts easily if there is no roof blocking you. I'd bet it would be a faster install with the Honda roof. It uses six plastic clips to mount. To access your underhood storage you just have pull the windshield up. 4 clips on each side. Leave the two at the top clipped so the windshield rotates up. The vent does not block my view and I'm 6'2. Allegedly this alleviates the negative pressure to avoid dust coming in from behind. I can't attest to that. My vent did come with a broken tab to hold a vent door closed. I called my seller and Kimpex sent me a new one within a week. For now I'll run the original and keep the new one as a backup.

I can't attest to its scratch resistance. It's plastic after so I don't have high hopes. I think glass is the only way to go to avoid that. I'll update as I get more use on it and take it in the trails. View attachment 29833

I did not use the upper clips as I drilled out the windshield so my roof clamps could mount. This picture is looking up at the roof. The light grey is weather stripping I used to avoid vibration if the roof on the cage originally.

View attachment 29834

Vent

View attachment 29835

Vent inside with louver doors open

View attachment 29836

Roof seal

View attachment 29837

Kool dude...seen them....wat the
$ on that...
all plastic scratches. ..your rideing
In dirt..mud..rocks..woods..ect.
We do like the full windshield
...above doors is plenty of
air ... lots of dust..if cold don't
Ride much... how much air..
you get from that vent?..
kinda of a kool look

doolin64

doolin64

Oct 16, 2014
I paid $228 shipper off of eBay.

There is airflow from the vents. But it's tough to discern how much. I only zipped around my neighborhood. Otherwise moving firewood was too slow to have air movement. I definitely update you guys more as I get time on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I paid $228 shipper off of eBay.

There is airflow from the vents. But it's tough to discern how much. I only zipped around my neighborhood. Otherwise moving firewood was too slow to have air movement. I definitely update you guys more as I get time on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Definitely a great price...

Reactions: JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!