P500 Doolin64's C.R.A.P. 500 Build

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Also curious about the functionality of the vent. Wondering if a guy could add it to an existing windshield buy cutting a hole for it if it indeed works for dust elimination. Assuming also you could buy just that part from kimpex...

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Also curious about the functionality of the vent. Wondering if a guy could add it to an existing windshield buy cutting a hole for it if it indeed works for dust elimination. Assuming also you could buy just that part from kimpex...
I don't see why not.. and it should eliminate the suction. Wouldn't take much.

Reactions: Shadesmn
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
My concern is that it may not help enough. My superatv ws already has a gap across the top that is shy of the moose roof, and i still get tons of dust. Could be that the airflow blows right over that gap though as its high up. Maybe a lower "vent" point would improve it, maybe not. Too much science to work it out as a theory, easier to just test...but if it doesnt help....there in lies my and possibly others I'm guessing dilema. Hate to cut up a still good ws for no gain.

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JTW
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My concern is that it may not help enough. My superatv ws already has a gap across the top that is shy of the moose roof, and i still get tons of dust. Could be that the airflow blows right over that gap though as its high up. Maybe a lower "vent" point would improve it, maybe not. Too much science to work it out as a theory, easier to just test...but if it doesnt help....there in lies my and possibly others I'm guessing dilema. Hate to cut up a still good ws for no gain.

I seen one guy that added a air scoop to the roof with a dampener. That would help create a positive pressure zone.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
I seen one guy that added a air scoop to the roof with a dampener. That would help create a positive pressure zone.
Like ram air intake, but on the roof? And with a closable damper?

J

JTW

The gap at the top just makes the vortex tighter. On my SuperATV flip.. the wind would come over and hit me on the top of the head. When I cracked it open it changed the suck and kept some out. I found (without a rear glass) I preferred the windshield open and goggles on.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Maybe a jeep....fully inclosed...
SxS riding... getting
a little dusty...dirty..
Muddy...is just part
Of it.....IMO
& I ride in way more
dust...than most on
...this forum
glasses....damp Bandana
over face....
RIDE SAFE

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 29856 View attachment 29856
To eliminate the dust..
..fully inclose your rig
mount small fan....
is the best solution. .
IMO....
way dusty in New Mexico ....
Washing off dust...haha
20160529 120823

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 3748
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
D

Deleted member 3748

I have the Honda tip out windshield and having that open didn't seem to help at all. I added the Tusk rear panel but haven't had a day like this yet. The panel is dirty so it seems to be working. I have a Wolf Snout for dusty days now.

IMAG00668

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have the Honda tip out windshield and having that open didn't seem to help at all. I added the Tusk rear panel but haven't had a day like this yet. The panel is dirty so it seems to be working. I have a Wolf Snout for dusty days now.

View attachment 29858
Is that a 50 cal you have mounted on the back of that??

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 29858
Dude.... that mounted fire arm
is....NOTHING BUT BADASS
looks normal....dusty

Reactions: Deleted member 3748

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!