P700 Draining fuel tank/fuel lines

Russel

Russel

Apr 26, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Ownership

1. 700-4
So, last week I swamped my Pioneer 700-4 in a water/mud pit. The machine died while in pit. It was only in there for about 5 minutes. My buddy pulled me out. We drained the water from the intake, clean up the filter, removed the spark plug and cranked it a few times. Very little water came out and the oil is NOT milky. However I am still changing the oil in the machine.
My question is, how do you drain the fuel tank and all the fuel lines?
I was told the fuel should be drained and then replaced as well.
Any help and other recommendations would be great.

Thanks!

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
If you sunk it that deep to fill intake then you should drain it. Best way I think would be lift drivers side up in air with jack and siphon out. Add some dry gas or some product like it and refill with high test gas.
I'm cheap, so myself I would siphon it out and if I didn't see water in it. Then I would put it back in or use in my mowers.If you got enough to cause you trouble then you will see it in the bottom.

Reactions: Deluxe700
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya, most have had luck pumping it out via a pump or siphon. Then fill with enough clean gas to dilute the remaining bad you cant get out. Maybe waste another 1/2 gallon to mix with the remaining bad and siphon it back out as bad. Then fill with at least a 2 gallons or more of good.

To clear the lines. Some have unhooked the lines and let them pump. But, it should clear after a few good tries.
Bet it will fire right up.

Now, you go to the store and vent those tubes. Stand by for PSA link.

Reactions: swsebek
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
For those reading this, If you haven't vented your fuel tank... DO IT NOW!
Cant stress enough how important we fell this is. It has claimed a many Pioneer's.
You dont need to be one to ride in water, It only takes a deep mud hole seat deep and your sunk!.
Dont let your Pioneer be next!

Multi - PSA - Fuel tank breather hose - IMPORTANT modification for ALL!

Reactions: jinx and swsebek
Russel

Russel

Apr 26, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Ownership

1. 700-4
If you sunk it that deep to fill intake then you should drain it. Best way I think would be lift drivers side up in air with jack and siphon out. Add some dry gas or some product like it and refill with high test gas.
I'm cheap, so myself I would siphon it out and if I didn't see water in it. Then I would put it back in or use in my mowers.If you got enough to cause you trouble then you will see it in the bottom.

Thanks for the info. I still had to drive it back 20 something miles due to secluded area. With lots of water crossing and mud pits. It ran fine, but still just want to change everything out.

Reactions: swsebek
Russel

Russel

Apr 26, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ya, most have had luck pumping it out via a pump or siphon. Then fill with enough clean gas to dilute the remaining bad you cant get out. Maybe waste another 1/2 gallon to mix with the remaining bad and siphon it back out as bad. Then fill with at least a 2 gallons or more of good.

To clear the lines. Some have unhooked the lines and let them pump. But, it should clear after a few good tries.
Bet it will fire right up.

Now, you go to the store and vent those tubes. Stand by for PSA link.

Thanks for the info! Kodiak, AK has some deep creek crossings and huge holes full of water and mud, which you never know how deep they are. I found out how deep the hole was and we we were leaning. So the right front seat was under water. Good times!!

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Also your local parts store or even Walmart has what is called heat it is a water treatment for gas and diesel

Reactions: Russel
Russel

Russel

Apr 26, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Ownership

1. 700-4
Also your local parts store or even Walmart has what is called heat it is a water treatment for gas and diesel
Thanks, I will look into that. Do you know if it compatiable with Honda engines? Just wanting to make sure, since you shouldn’t use auto oil for your SXS.

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Thanks, I will look into that. Do you know if it compatiable with Honda engines? Just wanting to make sure, since you shouldn’t use auto oil for your SXS.
I would think it be ok just don’t use more than have to for the amount of gas sxs holds

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!