P1000 Driving me nuts!

M

Mays

Jan 8, 2017
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK don't get me wrong i love my 1000-5 but i cant stop it from rattling! Its coming from the part right behind the seats where the latch is that dumps the bed. The only way i found to make it stop is to zip tie the handles down to put more pressure on it and it helps only a little. Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

adnoh

adnoh

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2013
I put a piece of gas line on mine and zip tied it to make sure it didnt come off. I had used electrcial tape for awhile but it wore thru.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would venture to say that anything you put on it will wear through over time. That is why I went ahead and fixed mine right the first time.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk
Mine was more of a metal on metal squeak. The latch was tight, but the bed would wiggle just enough to produce an annoying squeak. Tape fixed it right up

hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine was more of a metal on metal squeak. The latch was tight, but the bed would wiggle just enough to produce an annoying squeak. Tape fixed it right up
Good to know. I'll keep that in mind for the future!

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ridem32
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!