P1000 Dual Battery, AKA beating a dead horse...

zmnypit

zmnypit

Oct 20, 2017
alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes, pretty much everyone uses a True brand isolator. I have some left over wire from my winch install I plan on using for battery cable and save $30.

mbjeepxj

mbjeepxj

Mar 21, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got the full kit like in the link, but the ground wire it came with was too short to reach from the primary negative to the secondary negative. I bought a longer ground wire in the lawn and garden section at wally world and crimped my own 6ga terminals on it.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I didn't isolate my battery so it cranks faster and starts better in cold. I just isolated all accessories via a continuous duty solenoid activated by the key.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a Pioneer 1000-3, and I'll install the True UTV-SBI-15CK. What secures the battery into the secondary battery position? Do I need to buy anything besides the kit and a battery? I assume there is a wiring diagram included.

I do have a Warn 4000 lb winch, but not any other accessories yet. I just don't want to get stranded.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a Pioneer 1000-3, and I'll install the True UTV-SBI-15CK. What secures the battery into the secondary battery position? Do I need to buy anything besides the kit and a battery? I assume there is a wiring diagram included.

I do have a Warn 4000 lb winch, but not any other accessories yet. I just don't want to get stranded.
What battery are you using? Mine is a snug fit in the hole and I've never secured it. If I do something that causes it to fall out I've got bigger problems.

Reactions: Tuco69
tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What battery are you using? Mine is a snug fit in the hole and I've never secured it. If I do something that causes it to fall out I've got bigger problems.

Is it possible that the 2018 version has a different secondary battery compartment? My 2018 doesn't look like some of the pictures.
I haven't even bought the battery yet - just trying to figure out what I need to buy.

Assuming I'm not running anything but the UTV with a winch, do I even need to worry about a secondary battery?

advertisement
S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Is it possible that the 2018 version has a different secondary battery compartment? My 2018 doesn't look like some of the pictures.
I haven't even bought the battery yet - just trying to figure out what I need to buy.

Assuming I'm not running anything but the UTV with a winch, do I even need to worry about a secondary battery?
What happened to me was when I was plowing snow, was if using the winch to raise the blade, started to change directions the clutch would not engage. I talked to the dealer b4 installing the winch, and got there quote for price, the dealer recommend a extra battery because the winch draws a lot of amps, which can cause the voltage to drop to much,and can cause issues. I installed the winch without the extra battery, and had issues. I installed a factory replacement size for the extra battery with the Tru isolator. After doing this no issues. I have been using winches on ATV's for 20 yrs with stock battery, and worked ok, but those were 1500-2000 lb winches, I have a 4500lb now, it draws more than twice the amps, I believe this is why only one battery is not enough, plus there is alot more electronics now.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!