P1000 Dual Battery Connected And Working!

16Honda

16Honda

Nov 24, 2015
Missouri
Just Installed dual battery setup. For anyone interested,the Odyssey 925L is a perfect fit in the empty spot next to the factory battery on the P-1000. Lights and switches on the way and maybe a stereo! The battery isolator I chose is True UTV-SBI-15CM UTV Dual Battery Connect & Monitor Kit

Admin note:
Image removed because the ground is connected to the starter solenoid. That is INCORRECT!

Last edited by a moderator:
16Honda

16Honda

Nov 24, 2015
Missouri
I was going to go a lot cheaper but I read a lot of good reviews on this battery. I wasn't sure of the size to get but knew I wanted a deep cycle AGM for sure.After measuring the opening for second battery, I searched for that size and decided to go with the Odyseey 925.It fits perfectly mounted on its side.

Reactions: Eltobgi
LaVell

LaVell

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Opp, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just Installed dual battery setup. For anyone interested,the Odyssey 925L is a perfect fit in the empty spot next to the factory battery on the P-1000. Lights and switches on the way and maybe a stereo! The battery isolator I chose is True UTV-SBI-15CM UTV Dual Battery Connect & Monitor Kit
The Odyssey batteries are awesome. I had one in my Rhino and played the radio for several hours at a time. Crank right up afterwards. Will be going with one in the Pioneer also.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lithium Ion Batteries are more energy dense than a AGM, meaning a lot more power for size and weight usually a LithiumIon will be about the size of a motorcycle battery for the equivalent of a car battery sized LeadAcid or AGM battery.

Make it smaller and lighter and it costs more, also Lithium is a lot rarer than lead.

F

Five20too

Nov 14, 2015
Battery Mart has it for $144 right now. I'm thinking of going this route also. Looks like a nice, clean and practical set-up. Did you have to buy the L-adapters for it too or did the cables screw right on without them?

Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
16 Honda,
How did you anchor the second battery
in place?

I intend to add a second battery
to our 1000-3, also.

Thanks!

John

16Honda

16Honda

Nov 24, 2015
Missouri
Battery Mart has it for $144 right now. I'm thinking of going this route also. Looks like a nice, clean and practical set-up. Did you have to buy the L-adapters for it too or did the cables screw right on without them?
That's a good price.I paid $153 on Amazon. Yes, I bought the L adapters. You could screw the cables on without them but I wanted the cable to lay flat on top of the battery.

Reactions: Five20too
16Honda

16Honda

Nov 24, 2015
Missouri
16 Honda,
How did you anchor the second battery
in place?

I intend to add a second battery
to our 1000-3, also.

Thanks!

John
I haven't yet but will make some kind of strap to hold it in place. It's a pretty good fit right now because of some rubber strips I put on 2 sides of the battery. I don't think it would come out if I left it like it is now but I'll make some sort of strap after I get all my lights installed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Madore128
16Honda

16Honda

Nov 24, 2015
Missouri
I'm slowly getting things done.Just mounted roof led's. I've been looking for clamps to attach my lights to the roll cage but didn't know how that was going to work with the hard top and then after looking at the clamps holding the top on,I decided to mount the lights to those clamps. I drilled holes in the light mounting bracket to match the 2 bolts that are holding the top to the roll bar. It worked out really good. They are very solid. I'm glad I thought of this! I didn't have to add more clamps and drill more holes! I still need to drill one small hole for each light to route wire into the cab. Here's a few pics…

Attachments

• Forum 1.jpg
    Forum 1.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 1,003
  • Forum 2.jpg
    Forum 2.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 1,113
  • Forum 3.jpg
    Forum 3.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 1,153
Reactions: PineTree
advertisement
Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
Good work Hands! I'm not sure I would be
willing to drill holes in the roof, but after
all, it's just a machine.

Thanks!

John

16Honda

16Honda

Nov 24, 2015
Missouri
Good work Hands! I'm not sure I would be
willing to drill holes in the roof, but after
all, it's just a machine.

Thanks!

John
Believe me…I had to think about it for a while but to do all these mods I've got to do it. And you are exactly right….It's just a machine.

C

CharlieLong1

Jul 10, 2016
Slidell L.A
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anybody ever just put a red top under the seat. Thats my thoughts for my P1000-5. And thanks for all the good info on the forum. Has helped me alot

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Anybody ever just put a red top under the seat. Thats my thoughts for my P1000-5. And thanks for all the good info on the forum. Has helped me alot
I think some have but most are under the hood. There's a perfect spot that's"made" for it and it's so easy to run wires directly right there. If you're worried about weight or power look into Shoria batteries but you definitely could mount there there's space for a bigger battery

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks nice and clean! You may have to move your isolator if you add a winch though.

OnlineScuba

OnlineScuba

Mar 28, 2017
arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey There, Just adding a dual battery to my PK1000-5 and I am wondering where you got your ground from? Also, where did you wire in your isolator ground wire? Thanks in advance for your help. Bill

Reactions: sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!