P1000 Dual battery setup

X4Dice

X4Dice

Jun 3, 2016
USA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
It will pull from both until the primary battery drops below 12.6. I've seen my voltage gauge drop to 10.5 while winching. My gauge is connected to the aux battery so it was the one that dropped to 10.5 and my starting battery stayed at 12.6. That's probably very important because of all the electronics on these machines, they all pull from the primary battery.

Just give me a day or two heads up before you want to come out. I'm home today and tomorrow but I'll be in North Carolina Monday through Wednesday.
I cant wait to see your new set up, pics I hope? I was about to start on a dual setup until now.

Reactions: Lady01
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It will be a week or two before the mount is ready. I'd say week after next.
What prompted this was reading on the other sites/groups of all the people now saying Honda is getting traction on these issues with clutches being voltage/electrical related. Most guys who have clutch/ "E" issues have all had battery issues from what I've read. Who knows.
I'll let you know end of next week and we'll plan for following week.
This is the same setup I've got works pretty good! Be a good deal if you buy this already setup as it'll take you 20 minutes to install. NO MORE DEAD START BATTERY EVER. You could run lights or anything you want at any time

S

Spidy

Jan 2, 2021
Lancaster Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does any one know what setting to use on a battery tender for stock battery on a Honda pioneer 1000 it has two settings on the tender lead acid or lithium?

annoyed

annoyed

Oct 31, 2020
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You need a model that supports AGM. “Normal” or lithium could damage the battery.
I’ve been very happy with my noco genius 10a Charger. Will charge any battery in any of our vehicles.

S

Spidy

Jan 2, 2021
Lancaster Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just bought it today ( battery tender)
I have it set on Acid/lead setting
It just to keep the battery topped off because I haven’t had time to ride lately
Do you think it will hurt my battery ?
I use one on my Goldwing every winter

S

Spidy

Jan 2, 2021
Lancaster Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just went out and looked at the book it does say that setting is for Standard/Agm also
Thanks for the reply I appreciate it

BDR

BDR

Jul 23, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is it necessary to have the stinger relay and additional fuse box when running just a winch and one light bar or can I just use the tru isolator kit and aux battery for a dual battery setup?

S

Spidy

Jan 2, 2021
Lancaster Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I highly recommend
You want to protect the wires being used to control light and winch with fuses so if they short out it will not catch fire

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!