P700 Dust and more dust…..

G

Gizzy_44

Feb 1, 2021
Duhamel, Quebec
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi there

got around 600 km on my 21. 700-2. And my bear trapline is 60km round trip all on gravel roads and trails

the dust in the cab is unbeleivable😩

i have a Honda split windshield and a Honda back panel

the dust seems to come in under seats where there are many open spots for dust to come in

have you found any sort of solution to this horrible problem?
thanx

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Search search search!
You'll never get rid of it! Its like a fart in a mitten lol
There's hundreds of topics on this with hundreds of solutions....good luck with your endeavor👍

Last edited:
N

Nighbertn

Mar 19, 2021
Olivet MI
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
They should put a giant warning stocker on the steering wheel when these things are new alerting people to this issue.

C

carlpop1

Jan 15, 2021
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 500
A full windshield and/or rear panel creates a low pressure behind it at speed, sucking the dust forward and into the cab. A half windshield and no rear panel allows the air to flow naturally thru the cab, avoiding low pressure.

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Tell them it isn't a jeep or pick up and isn't sealed because it is an offroad buggy in a price range that precludes it.
You do what you want, I have kids as well and we understand the limitations and if we choose not to deal with them at the time we take the ........ YES THE JEEP OR PICKUP.
Suck it up and deal.

Last edited:
Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
They should put a giant warning stocker on the steering wheel when these things are new alerting people to this issue.
I am not sure why, it is assumed most people take them into an environment full of dust, mud,water,rocks and hills.
Although some use them as glorified golf carts most do not.
We either work in the outdoors or recreate in them to which either one is obviously OK to us.
Next thing you will want would be a water tight cab and then you will need more power to move the overweight pig around.
They are designed and built to be exactly what they are, inexpensive offroad machines that can also work.
If I wanted 500hp, silent cab, dust and water proof stupid loud radio and comfort I will take my Jeep.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
FEDC4012 F315 44D0 9E63 FA0FC711477F
🤣 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Glock21user
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am not sure why, it is assumed most people take them into an environment full of dust, mud,water,rocks and hills.
We either work in the outdoors or recreate in them to which either one is obviously OK to us.
Next thing you will want would be a water tight cab and then you will need more power to move the overweight pig around.
They are designed and built to be exactly what they are, inexpensive offroad machines that can also work.
If I wanted 500hp, silent cab, dust and water proof stupid loud radio and comfort I will take my Jeep.
I have never understood why anyone buys a $15-$25K Sxs that is strictly made for OFF road, then wants to turn it into a highway legal machine. A 55mph accident can be deadly in a 8000# pickup. I surely don't want to take the chance in a plastic covered Pioneer weighing less than a ton ....... lol

B

boOkerT

Apr 20, 2021
Bellingham, Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Having no experience as of yet though I read somewhere on this forum that a back plexiglass on the rear of the machine significantly reduced the dust coming into the cab. Okay who ever wrote that come pick your back window up I have sitting in my garage waiting for my machine.....:)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have never understood why anyone buys a $15-$25K Sxs that is strictly made for OFF road, then wants to turn it into a highway legal machine. A 55mph accident can be deadly in a 8000# pickup. I surely don't want to take the chance in a plastic covered Pioneer weighing less than a ton .......
Kinda puzzling?

N

Nighbertn

Mar 19, 2021
Olivet MI
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Tell them it isn't a jeep or pick up and isn't sealed because it is an offroad buggy in a price range that precludes it.
You do what you want, I have kids as well and we understand the limitations and if we choose not to deal with them at the time we take the ........ YES THE JEEP OR PICKUP.
Suck it up and deal.

Dude are you like a crazy person? Some of us just want to stop the dust from getting in our 2 year olds eyes when dirt road cruising and just got these things. You are like 40 miles from me, so much for helping out the new people. Looking at your post history you seem pretty knowledgeable but instead of being helpful you chose to type this? Thanks for confirming the Pioneer isn't the same as a Jeep and the warm welcome.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!