Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Dude are you like a crazy person? Some of us just want to stop the dust from getting in our 2 year olds eyes when dirt road cruising and just got these things. You are like 40 miles from me, so much for helping out the new people. Looking at your post history you seem pretty knowledgeable but instead of being helpful you chose to type this? Thanks for confirming the Pioneer isn't the same as a Jeep and the warm welcome.
So you need to get your kid some goggles. You didnt mention that it was just for keeping it from your 2yr olds eyes. You just blasted the same question that a thousand threads have asked. Would have helped if your questions want so broad in the first place just sayin!

As For the warm welcome, you never did the intro/welcome of the forum like others, you came on upset about keeping dust out of your machine. What did you expect a warm hug? All that said let start with the welcome the rest get shall we....

Welcome my fellow Michigander from Strechen Gretchen land!
where do you ride?
looks like your not too far from me!
Its your first post, and our unwritten gospel around here is.......

PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN bro!

There...hows that?
Pics?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So you need to get your kid some goggles. You didnt mention that it was just for keeping it from your 2yr olds eyes. You just blasted the same question that a thousand threads have asked. Would have helped if your questions want so broad in the first place just sayin!

As For the warm welcome, you never did the intro/welcome of the forum like others, you came on upset about keeping dust out of your machine. What did you expect a warm hug? All that said let start with the welcome the rest get shall we....

Welcome my fellow Michigander from Strechen Gretchen land!
where do you ride?
looks like your not too far from me!
Its your first post, and our unwritten gospel around here is.......

PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN bro!

There...hows that?
Pics?
Dang, you sure do sugar coat how you feel! HA!

C

carlpop1

Jan 15, 2021
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 500
Hmm...the OP just wanted suggestions on reducing dust. The "chest beaters" out there are strange indeed. Why don't we stick to helpful suggestions? The air needs to flow from front to back. Half windshield in front and no rear blockage.

Reactions: ODAMO and Rick49274
Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
I am new to the world of SxS's also and was wondering exactly the same thing. I appreciate the hint on leaving the windshield open! It makes a lot of sense but it isn't something that is obvious.

I don't worry about gravel roads here as we have lots of Amish that are a lot slower than the P-700. We enjoy the wildlife and the area's natural beauty. Caught a damn nice sunset tonight.

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Dude are you like a crazy person? Some of us just want to stop the dust from getting in our 2 year olds eyes when dirt road cruising and just got these things. You are like 40 miles from me, so much for helping out the new people. Looking at your post history you seem pretty knowledgeable but instead of being helpful you chose to type this? Thanks for confirming the Pioneer isn't the same as a Jeep and the warm welcome.
Well hello and a warm welcome from 48353.
It is not you personally but the fact that as a rule people want to spend 11k or so but have every creature comfort.
You can try all you want to seal it up but it will not happen.
That is the truth no matter how distasteful.
You might be better off to see if the young one can tolerate goggles.
Crazy, well that totally depends on who you ask and in reference to what situation.
Good luck with your endeavor..
If you want to discuss some options please feel free to post up or even PM me I am always up for a project no matter the inevitable end.

Glock21user

Glock21user

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hmm...the OP just wanted suggestions on reducing dust. The "chest beaters" out there are strange indeed. Why don't we stick to helpful suggestions? The air needs to flow from front to back. Half windshield in front and no rear blockage.
Did he do any research most likely not, if so the answer is obvious.
I am no type of chest beater just frustrated with hurry up log in and ask.
No attempt at research or trying to look at past posts.
Then get butt hurt because they want to take the easy route.
And you my dear friend have your nose outta joint over a conversation that has absolutely nothing to do with you.
I am truly very easy to deal with and would help anyone at anytime I just like to see some effort from on the O.P.
Help is one thing but to be spoon fed only answers you want or in a manner you agree with well that isn't gonna happen.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Chest beater? 🤔 Last I checked I wasn't a Gorilla in the amazon lmao.
To Be clear, the “OP’s” question was answered in the beginning of the thread and he accepted the answer, try re reading it again. Your so called chest beatering came when someone else came on to complain with no intro and first ever post. Sorry your feelings were hurt. You call the tune, you pay the piper. If you thought that was mean well.....

• Love
Reactions: Glock21user
Glock21user

Glock21user

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Chest beater? 🤔 Last I checked I wasn't a Gorilla in the amazon lmao.
To Be clear, the “OP’s” question was answered in the beginning of the thread and he accepted the answer, try re reading it again. Your so called chest beatering came when someone else came on to complain with no intro and first ever post. Sorry your feelings were hurt. You call the tune, you pay the piper. If you thought that was mean well.....
How about all the PAM sorts sit and complain and continue to get butt hurt while we go ride?
More fun out in the woods anyhow.

ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi there

got around 600 km on my 21. 700-2. And my bear trapline is 60km round trip all on gravel roads and trails

the dust in the cab is unbeleivable😩

i have a Honda split windshield and a Honda back panel

the dust seems to come in under seats where there are many open spots for dust to come in

have you found any sort of solution to this horrible problem?
thanx

What did you find to keep the dust out?

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
What did you find to keep the dust out?
These are off road machines paid hard earned dollars and purchased for the experience of the dust, mud, heat, cold - amazes me.

Doesn’t bother me - helmet, goggles, tear offs, bandana - PPE solves all that.

If they are purchased not to enjoy that experience, there are other options for machines that have conditioned sealed cabs.

Guess the inner dirt bike/off road enthusiast just loves that experience.

lawoftangent

lawoftangent

Sep 15, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a full windshield and (had) a full real panel as well, and the dust was unreal. Every time we went riding, there would be a fine layer of silt coating the interior of my rig. After swapping the rear panel out for an American flag mesh panel, the dust issue is almost completely mitigated and that rear panel no longer rattles constantly. I have also noticed a 10% increase to my sticktivity and sticktuitiveness. It really works wonders.

• Haha
Reactions: ChadD and Smitty335
J

JDP

Aug 5, 2021
Bakersfield
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Some wise responses here (see #34 and some of the early responses). I drove a Jeep for many years back in the 70's. First thing when going off-road was removing the windshield. I have been driving a Rhino for several years now and very recently upgraded to a 700-4. Took the windshield off the Rhino first thing, and never even considered one for the new Pioneer. Something else some may want to consider - a roof will hold some sound in. So, no roof or windshield for me. That way I get a virtually dust free and quieter ride.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!