Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Let’s just say the earth is 4.5 billion years old. It’s actually older that that because that’s the first rock found.

140 years of days is 0.00000003% of time. That less than the blink of an eye in the earth’s timeline.

they say a plastic bottle takes 400 years to break down to nothing like it’s a long time. Again, less than the blink of an eye in a planets timeline.

That being said, I do believe we are making the earth ugly. And possibly no livable for humans if we keep doing more and more nuclear power, but maybe that’s a good thing.
I had read on the web that #3 plastics aren't feasible to recycle, told my wife about it, she went nuts and asked where I got my information, the web, she scoffed, I called the recycle center and asked, no #3 plastic aren't feasible to recycle, (me) so I have been separating plastics for 20 years for nothing? Big SCAM! Now we are looking for products that are in recyclable containers that are packaged in #3 plastic now!

Reactions: Biteme and Vikes79
B

Bruce4795

Dec 12, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Joe then realized that his solar panels now have a inch of snow on them and they don't work at all during the winter and during the summer his panels get covered by dust and the only get 40 % power out of them. So now joe has to climb up on the roof to clean off his panels and Falls off the roof and dies. So now his wife Kamala thinks she will put in wind turbines to cover the extra power she needs the first year they get a freeze during the winter with snow the wind turbines freezes up and won't turn and the solar panels have snow on them she now has now electricity all her food goes bad and she cant eat and since she has no power to pump water out of the ground she cant drank and she dies 3 days later.
Now you have the idea! Good story!!

Reactions: Biteme and Vikes79
Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What a fitting meme.

Helo burning mass quantities of jet fuel, spraying (heated by petro based source), propylene glycol (petro based source), on carbon fiber blade ( petro based source), that is a huge source of environmental disposal problems, and gives off a hellish inhalation hazard fiber if burnt. All in the name of saving the earth settled science. Crap, I gotta go out and brush the snow off of my solar panels before the sun comes up so I can have some power today. Panels (all that are hi quality name brand) that have been REPLACED several times since I have lived here because of failures.

We truly live on the planet of incredibly stupid people.
🙄
Icewind
Icewind

A

adventure1

Nov 6, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 700-4
I dont live to run with any herd, so here goes. I live in south utah, and have occasion to go further south yet- that takes me down into the las Vegas valley where the brown crap in the air plugs up the sky. Just came home through Phoenix and Tucson and the sky looks a lot the same. Have any of you guys noticed something similar close to you? I do believe that the feasibility and cost of any project have to somewhat equal the benefits , and i also believe that the climate is changing- feel free to debate why that's happening if you like. I know i like blue sky and breathing air that doesn't hurt my throat, but maybe some of you guys have different values. Electric "stuff" may not be an answer, but it can be a first step. Fwiw i made a lot of money in the timber industry and i full well understand the unwillingness of the preservationists to consider anyone else. Am i hearing the same thing here?
Pretty sure global warming started when the ice age ended. Talk about environmental disasters you should see the forest service leases to new mining for the sake of batteries. Electric cars are not the answer.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The company I work for is indirectly involved in wind farm construction and I get to visit these sites frequently. If the tree huggers could see the amount of fossil fuel being consumed on one of those jobsites to erect these precious green energy makers their minds would be blown. I'm not even talking about making them or transporting the pieces to the sites.....

View attachment 255609
Or the amount of oil for lubrication!

Reactions: Biteme
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 255660
Not to disappoint anyone but the prehistoric era ended in theory because of a meteor strike.
there is much information about climate change and human effects relating to it if anyone is interested. Do you think Bill Gates would be investing millions and millions of dollars into a hoax?
Umm do you really believe he’s doing it outta the goodness of his heart?

Has it ever occurred to you he’s investing into a government picked winner (return on investment)?

BTW are you suggesting that the climate did not change before man...via your comments about a meteor?

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Been driving Hybrids since 2006 batteries have 10 year life expectancy.

Technology is increasing every year SXS can be done ( hold up is mostly Sales VOLUME isn't there ) to cover R&D and MFG Cost.
If it willnot sell why build it.

Alternate Powered Vehicles ( be it Electric or Another form of Power ) ARE on the WAY only a matter of time.
Electric will be the 1st attempt until ----- better solution is developed.

1921 -- 100 years ago the Model T was the car to have.

We All Need to Clean Up or Act. Or this Planet as we know is Not going to Survive for Future Generations of Humanity.

Star Trek may be the New Norm in the next 100 years

Last edited:
bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Technology is increasing every year SXS can be done ( hold up is mostly Sales VOLUME isn't there ) to cover R&D and MFG Cost.

Alternate Powered Vehicles ( be it Electric or Another form of Power ) ARE on the WAY only a matter of time.

We All Need to Clean Up or Act. Or this Planet as we know is Not going to Survive for Future Generations of Humanity.

We have cleaned up are act from the pollution we where putting out 30 years ago till today has drastically improved. There's a massive difference between hybrid and full electric. The illusion that where going electric in 14 years is hysterical, we can't master recycling.when more of these rare metal strip mines open up there gonna be crying thats destroying the planet.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

The first electric vehicle was built in 1832.......well before the gasoline powered Model T.

The Model T cost exactly 1/2 of a comparable electric vehicle at the time and didn’t have the short leash to deal with.

the same advantages / disadvantages for both versions remain today....with zero change, even with the government helping!

All of the big negatives with electric cars still remain.

Life span of a hybrid battery at 10 years is pretty darn pathetic to be honest. I’ve got lead acid batteries in tractors that are that old and still going.

Meanwhile nobody on the EV wagon wants to talk about the fact that most similar sized gasoline or diesel powered vehicles to equivalent hybrids or EVs have FAR less environmental impact over the life span of the vehicle.

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So if we figure out how to make ethanol from wood chips and grass clippings do you think they will let us keep our , now renewably fueled pickups?

NO! You must conform and do what we say. Now shut up, wear your mask and get in line for your shot.

Meanwhile I have to take my private jet to Cali to eat out with Pelosi and Newsome while you are locked up at home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Roborlilw

Roborlilw

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Tucson,Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
140 years of data.....

The world is how old?

Humans have inhabited it since when?

Your commitment is What? Have you got rid of all energy consumption? Are you using appliances that use CFC’s?

This would be a good place for all concerned with “climate change” to start. Maybe you can get John Kerry to stop flying his private jet and Al Gore to disconnect the power from his 13,000 sq. Ft. House. In the meantime y’all are all hypocrites.

It;s all about money, fear and people control

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Follow the money.
How much stock or financial gain do these Politicians,(that are mandating these new laws) have in the companies making it all happen?

Reactions: CID and TripleB
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That’s a much better approach than mocking it....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!