P500 Electrical accessories Question

Martin

Martin

Sep 29, 2015
Mont-Laurier, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I was wondering how many AMPS can we draw from the Honda Accessories harness connected to the RED connector under the hood. I have a 40Watts (about 3.4 amps) LED bar that I wanted to connect to that circuit but I am really wondering if it can take it.

Tx,

Mart.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have connected 12" LED bar, 2 x 4" rear LED lights, HID kit on main light - no issues, It supposed to be a power source for your winch also, but someone on this forum had main fuse burned.

You can connect all accessory lights to it, radio.
Winch and high amp audio separately.

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I was wondering how many AMPS can we draw from the Honda Accessories harness connected to the RED connector under the hood. I have a 40Watts (about 3.4 amps) LED bar that I wanted to connect to that circuit but I am really wondering if it can take it.

Tx,

Mart.
Short answer, yes.

newb

newb

Oct 29, 2015
london , ar
The accy plug circuit is fused for 15a - and honda is thoughtful enough to provide a spare !

D

Deleted member 3748

I have connected 12" LED bar, 2 x 4" rear LED lights, HID kit on main light - no issues, It supposed to be a power source for your winch also, but someone on this forum had main fuse burned.

You can connect all accessory lights to it, radio.
Winch and high amp audio separately.

Did they try to power the winch, or just the winch switch?

Reactions: Montecresto

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!