P500 EMP Wipers Installed (the easy way)

RichUSAF

RichUSAF

Oct 9, 2018
New York State
Ownership

1. 500
Got the wipers installed. Work amazing...... Until i let someone drive my machine and they hit a low branch and broke the blade off. The arm is fine. Has anyone tried a 16" replacement blade from walmart? Or do I have to order the whole 49.99 set up? Looks like a replacement blade will work.

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I haven't needed a replacement yet but I'm sure it would work. Don't know how much they vary, hopefully nothing that will scratch the poly.

Jiggs

Jiggs

Sep 11, 2018
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Trigger - I've read your post about dual batteries. I too feel that hooking two of the same in sequence is the way to go. I have a P1k, would you happen to have a diagram, some pic's? Is it the same as hooking up two 6volt's in a camper?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Trigger - I've read your post about dual batteries. I too feel that hooking two of the same in sequence is the way to go. I have a P1k, would you happen to have a diagram, some pic's? Is it the same as hooking up two 6volt's in a camper?

I read up on the subject when I installed dual batteries on the travel trailer and that's why I went that direction on the pioneer. Two like batteries of equal age wired in parallel that will charge and discharge at the same rate will absolutely last longer than any other way.
The only pics I have show the battery placement under the seat and my electrical is mounted in the rear box.
My winch cables go to the second battery under the seat, equal lengths and a 300 amp circuit breaker in the + line.
The two batteries are tied together with equal lengths that connect through Blue Sea buss bars, another CB in line as well so I can kill power to all accessories.
Just don't wire them in series, that wouldn't be good! ;)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
There is a difference between starter batteries, what you have in cars/trucks/tractors/SXS’s and deep cycle batteries like you see in boats/RV’s/golf carts and solar cabins. It’s crucial that deep cycle batteries are married to identicals, and not so much start batteries. So it depends on what you’re after.

On my SXS, I have the rapid cycle 16 AH stock starter battery for all OEM equipment, and a 36 AH deep cycle for most accessories. Rapid cycle starter batteries don’t like going below 20% discharge without loosing voltage, whereas deep cycle batteries can go all the way to 80% discharge before dropping voltage. So I can set out by the fire listening to my sound bar, drinking beer and roasting hotdogs while my auxiliary battery goes into deep discharge without issues.

Batteries in parallel maintain voltage and increase amperage, batteries in series double voltage. Whether using two starters or a starter and a deep cycle, you need to be in parallel.

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is a difference between starter batteries, what you have in cars/trucks/tractors/SXS’s and deep cycle batteries like you see in boats/RV’s/golf carts and solar cabins. It’s crucial that deep cycle batteries are married to identicals, and not so much start batteries. So it depends on what you’re after.

On my SXS, I have the rapid cycle 16 AH stock starter battery for all OEM equipment, and a 36 AH deep cycle for most accessories. Rapid cycle starter batteries don’t like going below 20% discharge without loosing voltage, whereas deep cycle batteries can go all the way to 80% discharge before dropping voltage. So I can set out by the fire listening to my sound bar, drinking beer and roasting hotdogs while my auxiliary battery goes into deep discharge without issues.

Batteries in parallel maintain voltage and increase amperage, batteries in series double voltage. Whether using two starters or a starter and a deep cycle, you need to be in parallel.

You are absolutely correct about the starter vs deep cycle.

I feel like I missed you mentioning it but that is where the isolator comes into play. It keeps the starter battery charged and allows the deep cycle to power the winch. Occasionally you have to let the deep cycle catch up the alternator CAN NOT keep up with winch draw, the alternator is only @38Amps a 4500lb which can draw over 300Amps.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You are absolutely correct about the starter vs deep cycle.

I feel like I missed you mentioning it but that is where the isolator comes into play. It keeps the starter battery charged and allows the deep cycle to power the winch. Occasionally you have to let the deep cycle catch up the alternator CAN NOT keep up with winch draw, the alternator is only @38Amps a 4500lb which can draw over 300Amps.
Haha, you’re right, I left out the crucial isolator that we have in our systems. Thank you.

Jiggs

Jiggs

Sep 11, 2018
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you gentlemen. This is my first SXS and I am learning so much reading all your posts.
I know I've read this some where in here,but, do I really need a dual set up running 4 Led's (2 - 4" front and 2 back), a 4500lb winch? I may install a stereo later.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thank you gentlemen. This is my first SXS and I am learning so much reading all your posts.
I know I've read this some where in here,but, do I really need a dual set up running 4 Led's (2 - 4" front and 2 back), a 4500lb winch? I may install a stereo later.
You could probably carefully manage your usage with your stock battery, but IMO, the dual system is cheap peace of mind. As ohanacreek pointed out above your alternator produces less than 40A and that winch draws hundreds, so if you had a long recovery or work out with your winch, you could find yourself in a bind. My two centavos.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Haha, you’re right, I left out the crucial isolator that we have in our systems. Thank you.

Pretty sure that isolator is a crucial P1 clutches thing and not necessary on the P5? Even then I can see the beauty of a manual switch where you have total control but that True one limits your electrical system IMO.
Say your not roasting hot dogs but winching out of a hole where the engine is stalled, once the aux battery is spent you can't even utilize that full starter battery? And that aux battery was probably light anyway from doing short runs and never seeing any charge. :D

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Pretty sure that isolator is a crucial P1 clutches thing and not necessary on the P5? Even then I can see the beauty of a manual switch where you have total control but that True one limits your electrical system IMO.
Say your not roasting hot dogs but winching out of a hole where the engine is stalled, once the aux battery is spent you can't even utilize that full starter battery? And that aux battery was probably light anyway from doing short runs and never seeing any charge. :D
Yep, on my P5 I used a Perko switch (like you find in boats and RV’s) Not a True Isolator. As I said To Jiggs, it depends very much on what one is doing and wants. My winch comes out at most every 20th ride, whereas I can be found setting by a bon fire on my ranch drinking beer and running down my auxiliary battery quite often. :D

Reactions: Smitty335
Jiggs

Jiggs

Sep 11, 2018
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep, on my P5 I used a Perko switch (like you find in boats and RV’s) Not a True Isolator. As I said To Jiggs, it depends very much on what one is doing and wants. My winch comes out at most every 20th ride, whereas I can be found setting by a bon fire on my ranch drinking beer and running down my auxiliary battery quite often. :D
Yep. I need a beer drinking back up battery as soon as I install the stereo.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yep. I need a beer drinking back up battery as soon as I install the stereo.
SEE!!! You’re thinking straight my friend. :cool:

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Not really, you can do it but they'll charge/discharge at a different rate. Two like batteries of the same age is ideal. If one takes a crap it'll take the other one with it. Deep cycles are great for running accessories but suck for CCA.

Reactions: Remington
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Lol! Yes Sir.. So it's fine to add a deep cycle as long as I connect in parallel? Sorry for all the repeated questions, my only excuse "I'm a Logger" haha..
Yes, in series you’d have 24V.....;) Remember, in a starter/deep cycle scenario, your deep cycle powers your fuse distribution center for your accessories. The Perko switch is ideal for this set up, you isolate the starter for extended use, a long winch recovery or a few brewskis and tunes by the fire. On mine, starter is 1 and accessories is 2. It can be in the two position to discharge and then switched to 1for a quick start and back to combine for recharge. And there’s always a tender on it when it’s parked. Also, I keep a hot box in the rear deck kit for an eventuality with my own or someone else’s.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!