lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I want a window on the opisite side from the door, to double as an escape hatch.
Saw a freinds enclosed trailer got blown over on the door side.
Yes it was years ago and I have only seen that once and no one was in it.
But it makes me paranoid to sleep in the trailer with only one way out.
Althow, the chances of this happening are so slim but @JTW could roll my p500 in front of the door at night, that is much more likly.

J

JTW

I want a window on the opisite side from the door, to double as an escape hatch.
Althow, the chances of this happening are so slim but @JTW could roll my p500 in front of the door at night, that is much more likly.
Ummmm.... @lee how big of a window are you planning on putting in?

Reactions: BWAF
J

JTW

E77562FF 7597 4F14 8903 2A45DD48B644

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

I was actually considering that too. Looked at a 24x24 slider with a screen but decided I didn't really want to do it. If you get one too big it'll start taking away from the structural properties of the trailer wall. You can put in a header but it would lead to a whole lot of work for something I really wouldn't use very much.

Reactions: JTW and BWAF
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Trailer's coming along. Put in the new flooring, installed it on the ramp too. Turned out nice and looks way better than what I had in there. Finally got the roof vent, took a week longer than it was supposed to. (FedEx is buried right now) Fabbed a frame, painted and installed it but couldn't cut the hole due to a chance of rain. Skies are clear today sooo...will post some pics tonight, if I don't f*** it up. 🤞

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Vent went in pretty easy, used butyl tape and Dicor to seal it. Noticed when i went up top that there were pockets of water sitting up there. The ceiling joists are flat, no arc at all and the aluminum roof wants to sag in between them. Would probably never leak in my lifetime but it's still stupid so I'm going to add some 2x2's down the center. May not even eliminate it but should help.
For anyone putting this coin pattern flooring in...had to put a seam on the ramp and discovered their pattern doesn't match from side to end. It gained a full coin in 6.5'. Ended up matching pretty good on the ends where it shows, the rest is hidden by the traction mat.
I'll put the Maxxair on this weekend after the Dicor sets up.

Trailer Vent
Trailer Floor

J

JTW

Vent went in pretty easy, used butyl tape and Dicor to seal it. Noticed when i went up top that there were pockets of water sitting up there. The ceiling joists are flat, no arc at all and the aluminum roof wants to sag in between them. Would probably never leak in my lifetime but it's still stupid so I'm going to add some 2x2's down the center. May not even eliminate it but should help.
For anyone putting this coin pattern flooring in...had to put a seam on the ramp and discovered their pattern doesn't match from side to end. It gained a full coin in 6.5'. Ended up matching pretty good on the ends where it shows, the rest is hidden by the traction mat.
I'll put the Maxxair on this weekend after the Dicor sets up.

View attachment 200382View attachment 200383
Look’n good enough to make rock!!

• Haha
Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!