Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Hey Mudder, I’m interested in how well your trailer and truck work together. I have the same truck and have been going back and forth between 16’ and 18’. Is your truck suspension stock? Or are you running air bags ? How’s the mileage?
Have plenty of 5.7 hemi power and control with electric brakes, but mpg drops to 8-10 at 70 mph with the 8 wide and 7 ft. height. Trailer empty is 2800 Ibs. Ok with me, small price to pay for the hobby of 60 towing miles a month. If I did alot more time towing, would have bought a 3/4 ton diesel truck. No air bags. Honda Rancher 420 in front, P500 in back. Can feel it, but pleasantly surprised. 16 ft would have been a bumper almost against the rear door. Have bumpers and winches on both machines that added length. Angled drop down at rear is after the P500 rear tire. All machines are on the flat floor if that makes sense.

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Following JTW's thread about his trailer build has me spending money now. Things that I wanted to do out of the gate but never found the time. Ordered these today.

One nice thing about having a smaller trailer, that flooring is enough to do the ramp too. I'll post up after install.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Got this put in. Always a little nerve racking to cut a hole in a perfectly good door, turned out nice though.
Flooring delivers Wed.

Trailer WindowTrailer Window 1

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I like it! I’ve been contemplating adding a window but can’t decide if it’s something I really want.

When I first held it up there i thought it might be too big, almost didn't cut it in. Fear of someone smashing the glass and unlocking the door. The more I thought about it though, they still wouldn't be able to get the ramp open. Glad I did it though, this thing had no windows at all and that sucked. Considering a roof vent now.

J

JTW

When I first held it up there i thought it might be too big, almost didn't cut it in. Fear of someone smashing the glass and unlocking the door. The more I thought about it though, they still wouldn't be able to get the ramp open. Glad I did it though, this thing had no windows at all and that sucked. Considering a roof vent now.
Yeah, I’m less concerned about someone breaking in as i’m just not sure I want a window. I kinda like the darkness no windows allow.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, I’m less concerned about someone breaking in as i’m just not sure I want a window. I kinda like the darkness no windows allow.

We have a window in our door, the trailer came with it when we got it, after using it. We tinted it then used it some more, we have started to cover it up with stickers from the inside, because there’s nothing worse then the sun coming up mid June at 5:30 in the morning. And the rigs are hardly cooled offfrom the night run

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
We have a window in our door, the trailer came with it when we got it, after using it. We tinted it then used it some more, we have started to cover it up with stickers from the inside, because there’s nothing worse then the sun coming up mid June at 5:30 in the morning. And the rigs are hardly cooled offfrom the night run

That's why i got the tinted one with the built in shade. You can see in the pic that it fully covers the window side to side and being black it doesn't let much light through at all. No intention on using it as a camper but the roof vent would allow more airflow if we're stuck inside waiting out a pouring rain or something. At the same time I'm in no hurry to cut a hole in a one piece roof either.

J

JTW

Exactly..

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Been waiting on this flooring forever! Was supposed to be here Wed. Fed Ex keeps updating the tracking by moving it to the next day. Inside of the trailer is stripped and waiting, ugh! Did end up ordering these while I wait.

Ventline 14" RV Roof vent SMOKE complete unit garnish Lid screen V20923P-29 | eBay

Test - Grid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!