Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Bought a 7' x 12' v nose enclosed trailer recently and have been researching how to finish out the inside. Saw some other guys on the forum buying and shopping for them too and was hoping to get some info and ideas for outfitting mine.
I have 3/8" sanded ply on the walls, 3/4" on floor and ramp. The ceiling and door have insulated panels in them so I don't need to do anything to those. Plan to prime and then paint the walls and the ramp with Behr Ultra. I bought some 3/4" aluminum angle to wrap the edges of the ramp ply after paint. Also bought two 16" x 72" rubber traction mats for the ramp where the tires will ride and a diamond plate hinged transition flap that covers the gap at the ramp door. I have some glue down 18 x 18 vinyl tile left over from a store build that I'll use for the floor. Wall mounted spare that I plan to hang up high on rear drivers side. I'll add some of the Cabela's wheel straps for anchoring.
All of that is pretty much a given but I'm thinking of some cabinetry in the v nose. I've read where some say, screw the cabinets and put in a bench seat with storage under it. Read where some say to build it open frame style for easier rigging and access. If I do build a cabinet, how many doors, shelf inside? Small upper cabinet?
Don't plan on adding AC units and generators, just wondering what others may have done and what they might do different or how others plan to rig theirs.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Bought a 7' x 12' v nose enclosed trailer recently and have been researching how to finish out the inside. Saw some other guys on the forum buying and shopping for them too and was hoping to get some info and ideas for outfitting mine.
I have 3/8" sanded ply on the walls, 3/4" on floor and ramp. The ceiling and door have insulated panels in them so I don't need to do anything to those. Plan to prime and then paint the walls and the ramp with Behr Ultra. I bought some 3/4" aluminum angle to wrap the edges of the ramp ply after paint. Also bought two 16" x 72" rubber traction mats for the ramp where the tires will ride and a diamond plate hinged transition flap that covers the gap at the ramp door. I have some glue down 18 x 18 vinyl tile left over from a store build that I'll use for the floor. Wall mounted spare that I plan to hang up high on rear drivers side. I'll add some of the Cabela's wheel straps for anchoring.
All of that is pretty much a given but I'm thinking of some cabinetry in the v nose. I've read where some say, screw the cabinets and put in a bench seat with storage under it. Read where some say to build it open frame style for easier rigging and access. If I do build a cabinet, how many doors, shelf inside? Small upper cabinet?
Don't plan on adding AC units and generators, just wondering what others may have done and what they might do different or how others plan to rig theirs.
I have a 20' with cabinets . Useless for me . I have a 12 that I put several big spring clamps around the walls and they are awesome ! Nothing gets put on them you cannot see ! In a cabinet , you (I) forget whats in there .

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
While looking for a P5 I came across this. 7 x 14 thought it may be useful:)
49359B0D ACB8 46FD 8791 FE25042F2EEF B78CB9A3 38FD 4519 9B4C A0ADCB26DC3E

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
That's awesome, thanks for the pics guys. I was kicking around the idea of a toolbox in the middle. Don't want to go too big because it's only a 12' er. Kinda like the idea of just a shelf up top instead of a cabinet. Whatever I end up doing it's going to be diamond plated, I have a sheet of stainless leftover from a restaurant that I could use for a countertop too.
Got into it a bit today, primed all the plywood, even the floor. Was a little concerned that floor glue wouldn't stick to it because it has some wax type stuff on it plus the primer seals it. Hope to have it all painted tomorrow so I can do the floor next weekend. Would've got some pics but I'm doing this with it closed up, space heater and shop light. Too cold to open it up.

I

iloehr99

Feb 27, 2016
Southern Indiana
I got a 7' X 16' trailer with extra 6" height to fit the 1000. I wired it with a 30 amp fuse box for an RV that has 3 slots for a/c fuses and then has 9 fuses for d/c output. Also it charges a marine battery so I have d/c power while i'm not plugged into main a/c power. I wired all d/c interior lights.

The bench in the front I made two separate triangle benches on 6" pneumatic casters so I can role them out if I need more room in the trailer or just to use as tables outside of the trailer.

I got a 8" king size foam mattress that I just fold up and strap to the wall.

Trailer
Trailer 2
Trailer 3

J

JTW

I got a 7' X 16' trailer with extra 6" height to fit the 1000. I wired it with a 30 amp fuse box for an RV that has 3 slots for a/c fuses and then has 9 fuses for d/c output. Also it charges a marine battery so I have d/c power while i'm not plugged into main a/c power. I wired all d/c interior lights.

The bench in the front I made two separate triangle benches on 6" pneumatic casters so I can role them out if I need more room in the trailer or just to use as tables outside of the trailer.

I got a 8" king size foam mattress that I just fold up and strap to the wall.

View attachment 68674 View attachment 68672 View attachment 68673
If you were buying today.. would you buy the same size or bigger?

I

iloehr99

Feb 27, 2016
Southern Indiana
If you were buying today.. would you buy the same size or bigger?

That would be a hard decision. I have a 07 3/4 ton Duramax that I pull the it with and it pulls awesome. I think dry weight is 2200. The next size I was looking at was 8' X 20' and that jumped up to 3100 dry weight.

I wish I had more room. But all that would allow me to do is pack more crap in there and weigh it down more.

Went on like 6 long riding trips last year, all about 4-5 hours one way. Every time halfway through the drive I was glad I wasn't pulling a bigger trailer.

Overall I would stay with the same size maybe even smaller. If I went any bigger it would be all the way to a full size toy hauler. I really like being able to set the cruise control at 78 and not have the stress of a big heavy camper wearing out the truck.

J

JTW

That would be a hard decision. I have a 07 3/4 ton Duramax that I pull the it with and it pulls awesome. I think dry weight is 2200. The next size I was looking at was 8' X 20' and that jumped up to 3100 dry weight.

I wish I had more room. But all that would allow me to do is pack more crap in there and weigh it down more.

Went on like 6 long riding trips last year, all about 4-5 hours one way. Every time halfway through the drive I was glad I wasn't pulling a bigger trailer.

Overall I would stay with the same size maybe even smaller. If I went any bigger it would be all the way to a full size toy hauler. I really like being able to set the cruise control at 78 and not have the stress of a big heavy camper wearing out the truck.
Well crap.. not what I was hoping to hear. I’m so conflicted. @Mudder have you gotten yours yet?

Reactions: Biteme
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Exactly why I went small with this and my travel trailer. Nice to have when you get to your destination but a pita having to haul it.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I like that, it’d be under 5000lb loaded. Hmmm

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!