Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Part 14 is the IACV. Is that what u looking for?
140e17744aef645ea5af2990dc9ec4f0

Katoum

Katoum

Jun 27, 2016
Kelowna, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Oh. that's right under your butt!
PCM, PGM, ECM, ECU..... same box.
You need the gray connector.

Katoum

Katoum

Jun 27, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh. that's right under your butt!
PCM, PGM, ECM, ECU..... same box.
You need the gray connector.
Found PCM, it was hidden pretty good. On the limited edition there is a storage box that has to be removed along with side panel. On the IACV valve the motor looks like it can turn both directions screwing into the piston which can move piston up or down to control speed. Ohm test on motor was within specs however my idle still revs up and down never leveling out. Found section of manual that describes how to reinstall valve, screwing piston all the way up shaft towards motor, and a 2 second test of motor out of throttle body. Still waiting for new connector kit to arrive from HondaSXS. More testing tomorrow.

Last edited:
Katoum

Katoum

Jun 27, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Found PCM, it was hidden pretty good. On the limited edition there is a storage box that has to be removed along with side panel. On the IACV valve the motor looks like it can turn both directions screwing into the piston which can move piston up or down to control speed. Ohm test on motor was within specs however my idle still revs up and down never leveling out. Found section of manual that describes how to reinstall valve, screwing piston all the way up shaft towards motor, and a 2 second test of motor out of throttle body. Still waiting for new connector kit to arrive from HondaSXS. More testing tomorrow.
Got my pig tail connector installed and did the 2 second ignition on, visual test to make sure iacv slide spun in both directions then stopped. Buttoned her up and all was good. I would like to thank the Honda SXS.COM for the making the connector available in store, the length of wire was perfect, the barrel crimps were easy to use and then solder, and finally the heat shrinks were great quality, filled with sealing glue, and thicker than cheesy HF grade.
I rechecked the old connector with Fluke and 1 pin was totally open and 2 had high resistance opens, I hope Honda takes a look at this as a quality control issue, because it sure as hell is not a isolated incident anymore.

Reactions: JTH and TripleB
justinjaeger

justinjaeger

Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2018
illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Had the same issue. Low idle and stall out. Chased it down to the AICV. Took it out and cleaned it with CRC electric cleaner put it back in and it was idling at 2000 rpm cycling up to 2500 rpm. Went to my local Honda shop picked up a valve. When I took the old valve out and cycled the key while it was out of the machine and still plugged In. It did not move up and down. I plugged the new one in cycled the key and it did move up and down. Put it in hooked everything back up and…….. Runs Like New. Hope this helps anyone who needs it!!

H

HondaTech

Had the same issue. Low idle and stall out. Chased it down to the AICV. Took it out and cleaned it with CRC electric cleaner put it back in and it was idling at 2000 rpm cycling up to 2500 rpm. Went to my local Honda shop picked up a valve. When I took the old valve out and cycled the key while it was out of the machine and still plugged In. It did not move up and down. I plugged the new one in cycled the key and it did move up and down. Put it in hooked everything back up and…….. Runs Like New. Hope this helps anyone who needs it!!

The IACV valve on the Talon is difficult to get back in the hole correctly as well. It will go in on one of the little notches and hang up causing this type of symptom.

JTH

JTH

Lifetime Member
May 1, 2016
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Getting the IACV code, with both connectors unplugged from the PCM, and the IACV, should I have continuity on the wire harness,Between brown /yellow, and yellow/green?
(looking at the connector for the IACV, third and fourth hole left to right.)
5D292D44 1CAF 4B10 86A7 F79C5E0BEAB3

JTH

JTH

Lifetime Member
May 1, 2016
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The IACV valve on the Talon is difficult to get back in the hole correctly as well. It will go in on one of the little notches and hang up causing this type of sympto
Getting the IACV code, with both connectors unplugged from the PCM, and the IACV, should I have continuity on the wire harness,Between brown /yellow, and yellow/green?
5d292d44 1caf 4b10 86a7 f79c5e0beab3 jpeg

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 351258
If both connectors are removed from each component, you should NOT have continuity between the pins.
You should have continuity between BR/Y and pin B9(not sure, pic cuts off)
Continuity between Y/G and pin B5.

If you have continuity between BR/Y & Y/G with everything unplugged, you have a break in the harness somewhere and they have rubbed thru to each other.

JTH

JTH

Lifetime Member
May 1, 2016
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If both connectors are removed from each component, you should NOT have continuity between the pins.
You should have continuity between BR/Y and pin B9(not sure, pic cuts off)
Continuity between Y/G and pin B5.

If you have continuity between BR/Y & Y/G with everything unplugged, you have a break in the harness somewhere and they have rubbed thru to each other.
That’s what I thought, just hoping it wasn’t that.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s what I thought, just hoping it wasn’t that.
Chances are it is some sort of rodent damage. Inspect for chewed wires and repair from there.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!