P1000 Engine Code 29 IACV Connector

W

Whitss396

Jun 9, 2019
Ogden Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another update: www.corsa-technic.com just sent me a replacement connector for the IACVView attachment 67096 . It cost about $9 shipped to WV. I compared it to my old one and it looks like it would work. You would only need a set of crimpers for this style connector. I will keep it for a spare. Took a while, but they came through.
Hello, I am having the same problem as you had. Those same 3 wire were broke in the same location. I have a trip plan with the pioneer in 2 week and need to find a new connector and pins asap. also a crimping tool to finish the work. Could you please tell me where I can find the connector from. I looked on the website of Coras tech and can not find that connector. Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks for your help!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello, I am having the same problem as you had. Those same 3 wire were broke in the same location. I have a trip plan with the pioneer in 2 week and need to find a new connector and pins asap. also a crimping tool to finish the work. Could you please tell me where I can find the connector from. I looked on the website of Coras tech and can not find that connector. Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks for your help!
@Hondasxs might have those in stock.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
4 pin hv sealed it looks like. Same as injector but 4 wide.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Nope. I dont have those.
But I'll help locate them in a few.
Corsa ships fairly fast.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Which ones.. let me review this thread.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
If you have extra pins and seals, he can take the connector apart and put new pins in it.

Reactions: Hondasxs
H

HondaTech

Talked to my Service Manger about part numbers. He said that the Dealer will need to call their Honda tech support to order pin repair kits, they are not available through their general ordering process.
Fuel injector connector repair: Pigtail .5 kit 04320-SAA-A00 (8 pieces)
Solder sleeves for wire connection: 07AMZ-MCAA200 (25 pieces)

Honda does sell various pins and connectors through normal parts ordering, just have them reference STN #11. It has quite a few pins and connectors, including the seals. While it doesnt have this specific connector, it has several other common ones.

If your dealer sells/services power equipment then they can also reference Special Tools #6 for even more connectors.

Let me do some digging and I'll see about posting them here.

H

HondaTech

Uploaded 3 Service Bulletins pertaining to terminal repair, there is a lot of fluff (couldn't figure out how to remove certain pages in a PDF) but the good stuff is at the front.

Stumbled across a second PE bulletin (#13) which appears to have the fuel injector connector on it, says it fits BF225 outboard engines, so i'd bet its the same injector connector for those as well.

@Hondasxs Feel free to sticky post/documents or move for reference.

Attachments

• Motorcycle Terminal Supplies.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 473
  • PE Terminal Supplies 2.pdf
    965 bytes · Views: 181
  • PE Terminal Supplies1.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 459
Reactions: russknight
advertisement
Jray-pioneer

Jray-pioneer

Jun 9, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Checking... I'm not sure I have the pins.
Pins are TS025
What is have is HV40
So is this the part number for the replacement pins? I am helping member whit396 tackle this project so he can make are ride in 2 weeks. Also if we could find the new connector would be awesome, I am having a problem trying to remove the pins now that the wire is broken off flush with the connector. New to this forum, pretty awesome how quick everyone is jumping in to help, thanks a lot guys!!

Last edited:
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So is this the part number for the replacement pins? I am helping member whit396 tackle this project so he can make are ride in 2 weeks. Also if we could find the new connector would be awesome, I am having a problem trying to remove the pins now that the wire is broken off flush with the connector. New to this forum, pretty awesome how quick everyone is jumping in to help, thanks a lot guys!!
Check my pics on page 2 of this thread on how to disassemble the connector.

P1000 - PGM-FI DTC 12/13 (Fuel Injector)

cwalton

cwalton

Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looks like @Hondasxs is getting the parts you need. Glad this thread is helping others.

C

Coffee

Aug 4, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had a lot of frustration with this issue, so if I can help someone, Great!

I’m having the same 29 code: I’ve replaced the valve didn’t help, can’t see where the wires in the connector or broke or bad. Does anyone know how many volts are coming through the wires and where do the wires originate from?

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I’m having the same 29 code: I’ve replaced the valve didn’t help, can’t see where the wires in the connector or broke or bad. Does anyone know how many volts are coming through the wires and where do the wires originate from?
Screenshot 20190811 110132 Drive

Reactions: TripleB
Katoum

Katoum

Jun 27, 2016
Kelowna, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had similar problem.
IVAC connector for Honda SxS/UTV Honda Pioneer!
Above link will get you a connector with pigtails and 4 shrink connectors. Does anyone know the best way
to access IACV to remove from engine and replace connector on harness. My engine light only seems to come on after gets hot, stills runs okay but often on hot restart idle revs up and down like a teenager playing with the gas pedal, after sometimes many restarts it operates normal but blinks 29 error code. I ordered connector but not sure of cause, it may be the IACV motor itself. Shop manual says likely cause is connector, so until I have done ohm check on iacv motor I’m just guessing.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I would also recomend a good cleaning of the plunger. Be careful not to drop the pieces when you remove it.

Katoum

Katoum

Jun 27, 2016
Kelowna, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would also recomend a good cleaning of the plunger. Be careful not to drop the pieces when you remove it.
So I have removed seats and all the rubber shields. I would like to do an ohm test but damned if I can find the ICU, can anyone tell where it’s hidden?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!