P1000 Engine cutting out with no codes

G

G1Eagle

Feb 10, 2019
Gardendale, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I need some assistance in determining where to start diagnosing my problem. Here's the situation: Rode about two weeks ago with no issues and no issues prior to that ride. I cleaned up the machine and parked it for a couple weeks. Ran it a couple times in those two weeks but just to move around the garage. No issues. Took it out for a ride and filled up with ethanol free fuel on the way. Within a mile of riding it started stumbling while at speed and would go dead at times when I stopped. After it died, sometimes it would take several seconds of turning over before starting, sometimes it would start right back up. At times it would cut out at speed for a couple seconds and then start back before coming to a complete stop. I'm not getting any check engine codes. I'm thinking bad gas but want other's thoughts. Specifically, could it be the injector wire with no codes? Would you start by siphoning out the fuel and filling with fresh to see if that fixes the issue? (Is siphoning the best way to empty the fuel tank?)

Here is some info about my Pioneer:
  • 2018 1000-5 with about 300 miles
  • Dual battery setup with isolator. NOTE: I did add a wired remote for my winch since the last ride but I only touched the electrical on the dual battery side.
  • Fuel tank vent line extended up to roof line so I don't think water got into tank when I washed.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Reactions: Papaandhistoys
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
After it died, sometimes it would take several seconds of turning over before starting, sometimes it would start right back up. At times it would cut out at speed for a couple seconds and then start back before coming to a complete stop
This sounds like the fuel injector wires. They cause intermediate problems at first as the engine vibrates.

The issue is the wires will pull out of the connector. The wire is broke but sitting there barely making a connection.

With the help if club members we have make a repair kit and sold many.
Link - Honda Pioneer 1000 fuel injector wire repair kit. SXS1000

Not 100% certain that is your issue but it has been many people's problems.

Thanks.

G

G1Eagle

Feb 10, 2019
Gardendale, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This sounds like the fuel injector wires. They cause intermediate problems at first as the engine vibrates.

The issue is the wires will pull out of the connector. The wire is broke but sitting there barely making a connection.

With the help if club members we have make a repair kit and sold many.
Link - Honda Pioneer 1000 fuel injector wire repair kit. SXS1000

Not 100% certain that is your issue but it has been many people's problems.

Thanks.
I ordered two of the repair kits. I may still try to siphon and replace the gas first. If that doesn't work, I'll replace both injector connectors.

Reactions: sharp
Bubba

Bubba

Lifetime Member
May 5, 2016
Belle Chasse La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine did the exact same thing the other day. I put a can of Seafoam in mine and it fixed the problem. Must have a shot of water in system.

Reactions: G1Eagle
G

G1Eagle

Feb 10, 2019
Gardendale, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine did the exact same thing the other day. I put a can of Seafoam in mine and it fixed the problem. Must have a shot of water in system.
I put some Heet in my mine drove it a little and parked it. I'm hoping when I try it again it will be running better. Hope mine resolves itself with some fuel additive like yours but I'm not usually that lucky.

Bubba

Bubba

Lifetime Member
May 5, 2016
Belle Chasse La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know what your saying on the luck! First think I thought was the injector connectors. Good luck hope the additive fixes it.

G

G1Eagle

Feb 10, 2019
Gardendale, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My issue must have been bad gas. Drained the gas and added a couple gallons back with a heavy dose of Heet. Sputtered a few times in first hour of use but ran perfect after that. Must have been bad gas because it started running rough right after filling it up. Guess I’m going to fire that gas station.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!