Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No, it was on from the factory.

I lied I guess mine has it I just didn't remember seeing it when I worked on it this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
20539900271fcf884b14126e2c2074a7

I was thinking about some holes where you did but also along here.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Fa1822ffe9d77a6000789902f8db6c5f

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I rode it a bit last night and between this and the foil there was no heat coming through the seat. Now I need to shove insulation behind the shifters

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I rode it a bit last night and between this and the foil there was no heat coming through the seat. Now I need to shove insulation behind the shifters

"COOL!"

(sorry....... just couldn't help myself!)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It's definitely a bonus in the winter. We have a windshield and with that it stays surprisingly warm. I'm sure it'll be a problem this summer though. Already planning on building a shield when I have a free afternoon.

Nice lake trout

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 42343 View attachment 42342 I drilled some holes in my air filter housing cover. I haven't ridden much but it seems better. I had talked to my dealer about the heat and was told Honda is recommending removing the cover. I removed mine but decided to drill the holes and reinstall after realizing the coils were out in the open with the cover removed.
I could see that working on a P1-3, think on the P1-5 would make it really hot in the back where the pups ride. Think I'm going to show up with a fan and parts at svt99 house, if you are ever around him, get him to show you his wiring on his P1-3, it's show room.

Reactions: Jshell3 and Ridem32
J

Jshell3

I could see that working on a P1-3, think on the P1-5 would make it really hot in the back where the pups ride. Think I'm going to show up with a fan and parts at svt99 house, if you are ever around him, get him to show you his wiring on his P1-3, it's show room.
Challenge accepted. I'll be seeing @my99svt in Mulberry, Ark July 15th for a ride... and I'm sure the HEAT will be a HOT topic. I'll be sure to check out his wiring.

Reactions: Smitty335
Ragen

Ragen

May 8, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Won't drilling the holes make the back seat hotter? My family wants me to sell it and find something else, if I did that I would loose a ton of money. Why after so many dollars spend have a ride that should be backed by the Honda reputation? This reputation is going down hill fast.
Sorry to ramble but this really makes me unhappy.

Ragen

Ragen

May 8, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You are exactly right! I get a TON of heat through the shifter and steering column holes. I've worked a lot to fix heat coming up from engine now I gotta figure out how to fix the holes in the dash to block heat from the radiator. I'm trying to like my P1k but sometimes I think, what an expensive POS! Really Honda? During the development you didn't notice the hot air blowing out the holes on the dash? I've called honda many times about the heat issues. I pretty much get the same story, "we are aware of the problem and we are addressing it". Not sure it they mean they're addressing it for future models or gonna fix the 2016/17's? What a POS. Wish I would have waited a few years this thing has too many other issues as well. Very disappointed in Honda.
Is there a fix for the heat from the dash? I agree these issues should have been addressed before we put out the money thinking differently. Honda needs to step up and make things right in the very near future. We all work very hard for the dollars we spend to enjoy our families and friends.

N

Nipper

May 11, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Bayouownbeer sells them, precut and measured. Easy install. Like $30.
That what I did. P1000m5 - BIG BLUE <-- click that for pics!
It's not a "big sheet", tho but still quiets down the motor and seals up the heat nicely.

I also installed an Atwood 4" bilge blower. And pointed it right at the exhaust pipe. Put it on a switch. P1000m5 - BIG BLUE <--- click that for MORE pics!
I bought one and it is a big difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is there a fix for the heat from the dash? I agree these issues should have been addressed before we put out the money thinking differently. Honda needs to step up and make things right in the very near future. We all work very hard for the dollars we spend to enjoy our families and friends.
I'm still trying to come up with something to fix the heat from the radiator fan from blowing through both shifter lever and steering column holes. I cant believe they made this thing like that! I've called Honda several times over the last few months and they just keep saying "we are aware of the problem and something should be ready before summer". Sure it will. I'll never buy a Honda again. Hot air from holes in the dash! are you kidding me!. I've spent over $300 and countless hours trying to fix all the heat and rattling problems on my brand new $17,000 Honda furnace. Will probably sell it and get a Ranger. I'm done.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'm still trying to come up with something to fix the heat from the radiator fan from blowing through both shifter lever and steering column holes. I cant believe they made this thing like that! I've called Honda several times over the last few months and they just keep saying "we are aware of the problem and something should be ready before summer". Sure it will. I'll never buy a Honda again. Hot air from holes in the dash! are you kidding me!. I've spent over $300 and countless hours trying to fix all the heat and rattling problems on my brand new $17,000 Honda furnace. Will probably sell it and get a Ranger. I'm done.

I hear ya but buy a po po and you'll be in an incinerator. You'll also be in a lot more than $300 keeping up on the maintenance and repairs.

UKNB

UKNB

Apr 18, 2017
Fredericton NB Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I remember seeing something a long time ago on a piece of equipment like 2 ranks of long dense bristles.. one one each side of the steering column. The bristles would interweave with each other and allow for an object to move through it as It closed up behind each other... that would work

Reactions: trigger
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!