Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I remember seeing something a long time ago on a piece of equipment like 2 ranks of long dense bristles.. one one each side of the steering column. The bristles would interweave with each other and allow for an object to move through it as It closed up behind each other... that would work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda like this?
Cover

UKNB

UKNB

Apr 18, 2017
Fredericton NB Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Kinda exactly like that!!!... wouldn't that work for steering column and shift levers

UKNB

UKNB

Apr 18, 2017
Fredericton NB Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mmmmm... there are some pretty innovative folks on this site .... wonder if if would be a worthy challenge for someone? ;)

Reactions: popeye

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I hear ya but buy a po po and you'll be in an incinerator. You'll also be in a lot more than $300 keeping up on the maintenance and repairs.
I beg to differ. I have a 2015 Ranger 570 With 7500 miles/750 hours. Bought it new in September 2014. Never felt any heat through the dash or seat. Literally the only repair I've had to make on it was the primary clutch. The weights and rollers wore out. This was at about 6000 miles. Still had the original belt. I decided to replace the whole primary clutch myself because to rebuild them you need special tools. $400.00 and 30 minutes later she was and still is running like new. I bought a new belt as insurance but I'm still running the factory belt with 7500 miles on it!!! My 2016 P1K is about to drive me to sell it too. I absolutely hate nearly everything about it. Original factory Honda accessories like windshield and mirrors etc are an expensive joke. Can't even put a sports drink bottle or water bottle in the cup holders because they're too small. I think if I wouldn't be coming out of a Polaris I wouldn't hate my Honda so much. Poor poor engineering of the chassis on this thing. And I'm just waiting for my clutches to die. It does have a good strong and smooth engine though. But so does my Polaris!

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm still trying to come up with something to fix the heat from the radiator fan from blowing through both shifter lever and steering column holes. I cant believe they made this thing like that! I've called Honda several times over the last few months and they just keep saying "we are aware of the problem and something should be ready before summer". Sure it will. I'll never buy a Honda again. Hot air from holes in the dash! are you kidding me!. I've spent over $300 and countless hours trying to fix all the heat and rattling problems on my brand new $17,000 Honda furnace. Will probably sell it and get a Ranger. I'm done.
I have a Ranger (2015 570) and I wanted more speed. Bought a Honda P1000-3. It has speed alright but I can't live with the seat heat, dash heat, leaking windshield, too small cup holders, countless rattles, having to empty the bed to check oil, having to empty the bed with a shovel instead of being able to dump it like every other sxs out there and most unnerving... having to baby the clutches. I'm done with mine too! I told my Honda dealer I was willing to take a $5,0000.00 loss on it. No luck. Glad I didn't sell my Polaris. I can use it to tow my Honda to the junkyard when the clutches burn up. (It's a $3800.00 repair that my dealer says they will only cover one time. And I paid $640.00 for the three year unlimited mile warranty!!!)

Ragen

Ragen

May 8, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought one and it is a big difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
do you think putting a manual switch on the radiator fan would help with the heat issue?
I am open for ideas to keep it running cooler in hotter days, I have 2 blowers, heat shield under the seat, what else is there to do. What a poor design, its too bad the end user has to be the test dummy for this model.. I hope Honda wakes up and stops hurrying the reputation of so many honest hard working dealers.

Reactions: Ridem32
Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
I know that people come here to vent there frustrations (no pun intended lol) but for the most part I think it's a pretty nice machine. I have a 17 with the rubber mat that goes all the way across so maybe that helps but I also do not have a windshield and I think that makes a huge difference. I'm in TX and it is hot outside. The only time I feel heat from the machine is if we hit a puddle and the steam comes up or if we are riding really slow. Other then that heat isn't really a factor.

Ragen

Ragen

May 8, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know that people come here to vent there frustrations (no pun intended lol) but for the most part I think it's a pretty nice machine. I have a 17 with the rubber mat that goes all the way across so maybe that helps but I also do not have a windshield and I think that makes a huge difference. I'm in TX and it is hot outside. The only time I feel heat from the machine is if we hit a puddle and the steam comes up or if we are riding really slow. Other then that heat isn't really a factor.

I have a 2016 1000-5 it does have a heat issue, maybe I should have picked up a 2017, I would have if I knew what I know now.
I really enjoy sitting next to my wife and grand kids, my hope is to control the heat and make this work. thank you for your time and response.

Reactions: Ridem32
Kaptain

Kaptain

Jun 8, 2017
Marsing, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, I think that the heat can be considered a feature rather than a fault. I might get flamed for that, but I put the insulation under the seat and 4" bilge fan under the seat. I can hit a switch and get rid of the heat. My last rig was a 2015 Teryx4 and the engine right between the two front seats was a cooker, and there was no solution. In the spring on the Pioneer we appreciated the heated seat, and in the fall for hunting season I suspect I will appreciate it as well. The fix is really pretty simple. I ran the 4" bilge fan into a duct that runs out the bottom, so it wouldn't just blow the heat toward the rear seats. Seems to work great

UKNB

UKNB

Apr 18, 2017
Fredericton NB Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Hiya! I have the 2017 P1K5-LE - and there is heat! I'm here in Canada where I will be very appreciative of the hot seats for 3 seasons but lately as the wx gets warmer like a couple days ago we hit 80+F ... it was very uncomfortable. And I had already insulated the bench. I now find I have to insulate the lower back too and better seal off where the seat belts are located... it's a chimney there. But we love our new ride!00839b4babcc86151ab2861e928257d8

Reactions: Kaptain and Ridem32
B

Byrdman

May 21, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, I think that the heat can be considered a feature rather than a fault. I might get flamed for that, but I put the insulation under the seat and 4" bilge fan under the seat. I can hit a switch and get rid of the heat. My last rig was a 2015 Teryx4 and the engine right between the two front seats was a cooker, and there was no solution. In the spring on the Pioneer we appreciated the heated seat, and in the fall for hunting season I suspect I will appreciate it as well. The fix is really pretty simple. I ran the 4" bilge fan into a duct that runs out the bottom, so it wouldn't just blow the heat toward the rear seats. Seems to work great

What kind of duct did u use to mount to bilge fan?

Kaptain

Kaptain

Jun 8, 2017
Marsing, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What kind of duct did u use to mount to bilge fan?

I used a 4" blower and the silver, aluminum type vent ducting like you see on dryers. I ran it down to one of the holes in the skid plate. It could feasibly get caught and torn up but it is cheap and easy to replace so no big deal if it does. Some folks just put in the blower(s), but that seems like it would blow heat toward the back seats.

Kaptain

Kaptain

Jun 8, 2017
Marsing, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are door sweeps (brush style thing that goes on the bottom of a door to seal it) that are like that. I might try to fashion something along that line. It would be great to find a black one.

Like this. I think I have seen someone else post something similar somewhere on the forums.

B

Byrdman

May 21, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used a 4" blower and the silver, aluminum type vent ducting like you see on dryers. I ran it down to one of the holes in the skid plate. It could feasibly get caught and torn up but it is cheap and easy to replace so no big deal if it does. Some folks just put in the blower(s), but that seems like it would blow heat toward the back seats.

That's my thinking too. Thanks for info

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I hear ya but buy a po po and you'll be in an incinerator. You'll also be in a lot more than $300 keeping up on the maintenance and repairs.
Well ours are holding up well, and I haven't experienced any heat problems even close to my Honda.... We have 2 ranger 6x6 and I had a crew for a few years.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but the ranger has no design flaws. Upkeep problems maybe, but no design flaws. No water intake problems, no hydrolocking, no heat blowing in through everywhere, no clutches burning to s*** ( talk what you want about belts, we haven't had to replace a single belt in ANY of our Cvt ever), the bed dumps by itself even when you have like 500 lbs in it.

Having said all that, I'm just gonna put a few fans in mine and call it a day. I like the extra seats. Nobody else offers something that does what this does.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

WHITEP1K5

WHITEP1K5

Apr 7, 2017
WEST VIRGINIA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's my solution to the heat, everyone else is trying a bilge fan figured I would try a differentsetup ( I doubt I'm the first) It's a 7" fan I'll try to get it installed and try it out in the next couple days. But I will say I tried a 12" fan and it would not fit.

IMG 0275

Reactions: Stauvo and Byrdman

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Here's my solution to the heat, everyone else is trying a bilge fan figured I would try a differentsetup ( I doubt I'm the first) It's a 7" fan I'll try to get it installed and try it out in the next couple days. But I will say I tried a 12" fan and it would not fit.

View attachment 46343
Any color besides pink? Nevermind.... I've said too much already. Just kidding. I couldn't resist.

Reactions: zin01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!