P1000m5 Engine Heat - Good or Bad?

Kaptain

Kaptain

Jun 8, 2017
Marsing, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I look forward to your results with the this fan idea.

I am heading out camping for the weekend and it is supposed to be 90 degrees, so this will be the first real test of the bilge fan/insulation arrangement I have going now

Reactions: Stauvo
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
went for a short ride with my neighbor saturday night. he mentioned he could feel the heat, until i turned the fan on. Seemed to go away pretty quick after that. This is a 7" fan.
IMG 82281IMG 82291 IMG 82301

Reactions: Stauvo and Kaptain
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
That is a nice looking install. I will see how the current arrangement works, and might try that if it is not sufficient.
thanks. Didn't have to drill any holes which i liked. Used small angle brackets. Need to bend the one with the bolt going through it a little more. But it seems pretty stable so far. Time will tell.

Reactions: Kaptain
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Jelly of my fan??? If my ride was half of what yours was I could see that lol, after all I sheeped along with what you had done just tryin to make it into something we can deal with
I love the red it's bad ass! Spent a lot of time online trying to get the cheapest fan I could find never even considered red. Ideas always get better on this site

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Me and my daughter went for a ride about 15 mile round trip and she never once complained about the heat. I think this fan will work awesome

Did you connect the bottom of the fan to anything or just the top 2 mounting holes?

Reactions: WHITEP1K5
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I love the red it's bad ass! Spent a lot of time online trying to get the cheapest fan I could find never even considered red. Ideas always get better on this site

Ok off topic. I love the days of honda painting frames red. It brightens up the nooks and crannies to see better. Alright back on topic, I like the red fan.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So I was talking to a friend with a pioneer. He has the same heat issues as me. He set a thermometer in the crack between the seats and it hit 165 degrees!!!! He talked to our local shop in Des Moines and they have the regional service manager and his boss coming in to look at his machine. He also took him pictures of the mods I did for the heat. I talked to the shop as well and they claim that Honda is going to come out with a resolution sometime in August. So who knows.....i guess we'll see.....

@CumminsPusher @moparornocar
@JTW

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm borrowing a thermal ir gun from work. Hoping to do some videos Friday with and without the fan to see how much it helps temperature wise. And to see where the hottest areas are

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So I was talking to a friend with a pioneer. He has the same heat issues as me. He set a thermometer in the crack between the seats and it hit 165 degrees!!!! He talked to our local shop in Des Moines and they have the regional service manager and his boss coming in to look at his machine. He also took him pictures of the mods I did for the heat. I talked to the shop as well and they claim that Honda is going to come out with a resolution sometime in August. So who knows.....i guess we'll see.....

@JTW

Baah, baah, same Sxxx, they will give you a number and nothing will happen!

J

JTW

@JTW

I'm guessing a cheesy heat shield.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!