Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
47DE68D9 8C17 4EE3 B075 49390E26BBEC
D88BAD76 15BC 43D9 BC3D 17ED7C0D3D9F
I just bought a set of Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza for the Suburban. Not an aggressive tire but very quiet at speed.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My truck came with Goodyear wrangler

my one disagreement to your statement is that I am always Leary of OEM tires.. Ford does put several brands on their trucks mine came with Goodyear wrangler fortitude HT and they have surprised me.
My 18 has stock michelins on it. If you want to drive it next week, feel free.

R-Lamm

R-Lamm

Lifetime Member
Sep 27, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Put Nitto Terragrappler G2 on my 2500...absolutely love them. Only ran Michelin in the past just like you stated but my tire guy suggested this one to me for same reasons you stated about Michelin. I have no complaints at all. Only time I really ever hear them is if I am on a VERY smooth interstate with a barrier right beside me. But then again I live in SC and smooth roads around here are a rarity!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I never got 100k out of them but they were consistent at 65-70k a set. Good jack of all trades tire. Good in the mud you’ll run into with an average daily.
That has not been our experience. Here’s ours at just under 30k.
836B6959 FD22 4A06 BD40 487A84C1244A

Got thinking heavy as I laid down last night though. Our mileage is probably harder then some as we get off the pavement a lot. Our rigs are used hard and I estimate at least 6k of the 28 has been s***ty dirt roads. On any given weekend we can put 100 miles of dirt road just to get to camp and sometimes there’s an additional trip back in. Some people assume the dirt road we are on sometimes to get to camp is a great Sxs “trail” lol.
However our Geolanders lasted 55 on the pickup and 65 on wife’s Xterra which also sees a lot of dirt. BFG did ride nice and were pretty quiet, they did ok in the mud but got their butt handed to them in comparison in the snow.
I’m sure people have different experiences based off of load and terrain but that is ours and considering how much more expensive they were I’d never touch another set for what we need.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I never got 100k out of them but they were consistent at 65-70k a set. Good jack of all trades tire. Good in the mud you’ll run into with an average daily.
I agree. My last few sets were....well...kinda garbage! Didn’t get past 50,000 without issues, flat spots, uneven ware, were bad to keep balanced and booked out real bad in road force. If you don’t mind that headache they’ll go possibly 100k. There quality has gone down the pooper in recent years and it’s too bad, I use to like them.
And welcome back @JsheII3 ;)

JsheII3

JsheII3

Long time listener.
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2018
Mississippi
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I just bought a set of Kumho AT’s for my son’s S10. I paid $54 per tire. (Internet) + Mount and balance.

I can’t really give a performance review, but it’s got deep tread for what I paid for them.

BA6BF4AF 7777 4C7B B8DA 33C371CC013F

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree. My last few sets were....well...kinda garbage! Didn’t get past 50,000 without issues, flat spots, uneven ware, were bad to keep balanced and booked out real bad in road force. If you don’t mind that headache they’ll go possibly 100k. There quality has gone down the pooper in recent years and it’s too bad, I use to like them.
And welcome back @JsheII3 ;)

You have to keep them inflated the size I always got were 10ply if I kept 32psi in them I had those issues. If I ran 45 - 50 they were a different beast.

If I needed them off-road unloaded I’d air them down to 20-30 and their performance changed drastically.

I had a new set in 14’ when we had an ice storm and they were sure footed.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You have to keep them inflated the size I always got were 10ply if I kept 32psi in them I had those issues. If I ran 45 - 50 they were a different beast.

If I needed them off-road unloaded I’d air them down to 20-30 and their performance changed drastically.

I had a new set in 14’ when we had an ice storm and they were sure footed.
Yup inflation is important. I have an F350 and had 2 sets of the load range E’s 65 front and 75 for the back. Like I said, we’re great at first just didn’t hold up like my other sets. Wife has them on her wrangler since 16’ we keep them inflated proper and rotate as suggested. 50% tread left on them, 25k and they have gone from happy the first 15k to sonic sounding with vibration since. Will be getting new tires soon. I use to love those, but with the money spent, can’t take that chance after 3 sets including the wrangler. Like that guns and roses song “I use to love her! But I had to kill her!” That’s how I feel about KO2’s lol

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yup inflation is important. I have an F350 and had 2 sets of the load range E’s 65 front and 75 for the back. Like I said, we’re great at first just didn’t hold up like my other sets. Wife has them on her wrangler since 16’ we keep them inflated proper and rotate as suggested. 50% tread left on them, 25k and they have gone from happy the first 15k to sonic sounding with vibration since. Will be getting new tires soon. I use to love those, but with the money spent, can’t take that chance after 3 sets including the wrangler. Like that guns and roses song “I use to love her! But I had to kill her!” That’s how I feel about KO2’s lol

Yeah mine were all on a 150/1500 so after experimenting I could get them down to 45-50 for normal use without issues. I might have gotten another 10-15k out of them if I had them inflated to 60-75 but they rode like crap at that pressure on a 150/1500. The KOs were MUCH better than the KO2s they softened to tread up on the KO2s and they faired worse at the lower pressure I had to keep them at 50 or better depending on temp, did better off road but mine was a daily that was 4WD it wasn't used for regular off-roading. That said I still got 63K out of the first set with a lot of unloaded highway and 54k out of second set (more hauling, start/stop driving, and in town turning than first set) I had on my 14' Silverado Crew before I sold it in March.

I liked them because they were consistent, and met my needs. I knew what I was getting performance wise and how many miles to expect out of them. When you're dropping $1400 on a set its nice to know what your getting. I have had about 17-18 sets of them over the last 20 years with near clockwork like swaps at 60k. I know other people have had the same or similar experience with other brands and models. That said I bought my last set in early 17' and we stopped using my truck and started using my wifes new SUV as our family car about that time so I stretched the miles out over a longer period, so who knows how they have changed since....

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yeah mine were all on a 150/1500 so after experimenting I could get them down to 45-50 for normal use without issues. I might have gotten another 10-15k out of them if I had them inflated to 60-75 but they rode like crap at that pressure on a 150/1500. The KOs were MUCH better than the KO2s they softened to tread up on the KO2s and they faired worse at the lower pressure I had to keep them at 50 or better depending on temp, did better off road but mine was a daily that was 4WD it wasn't used for regular off-roading. That said I still got 63K out of the first set with a lot of unloaded highway and 54k out of second set (more hauling, start/stop driving, and in town turning than first set) I had on my 14' Silverado Crew before I sold it in March.

I liked them because they were consistent, and met my needs. I knew what I was getting performance wise and how many miles to expect out of them. When you're dropping $1400 on a set its nice to know what your getting. I have had about 17-18 sets of them over the last 20 years with near clockwork like swaps at 60k. I know other people have had the same or similar experience with other brands and models. That said I bought my last set in early 17' and we stopped using my truck and started using my wifes new SUV as our family car about that time so I stretched the miles out over a longer period, so who knows how they have changed since....
Agreed, the KO’s were much better than the KO2’s

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This was on the local fire chiefs truck one day when I went to get new tires on wife’s car couple years ago. It was still holding air. FREAK chance of it stabbing like that but still neat.

Tire show has it in their showroom now on a new rim still holding air.

14513248 9825 44A6 87A7 3A13D93762DD

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

So are you following the Trucks guide as to the suggested air pressure? were the sizes you put on larger than stock.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve used Michelin LTX AT2 for my last several sets. They are expensive but they are the best quality no doubt. I get 90k easily on a F150.

I’ve heard good things about the Toyo AT and Nitto AT but haven’t tried them yet. I’m sure they are great tires and will save a few dollars.

The family SUV run Michelin Defender LTX. My first set of those but I can already tell they will last forever.

It’s also not about the tread wear as the number one factor. I had a set of General Grabbers and I was scared to death to drive when it was raining. They were so slick! Even when new. That was years ago and it drove me to Michelin and I’ve never had a reason to leave.
That is pretty much me, I had a tire at some point that was prone to hydroplaning I just thought it was the pathfinder until I bout my first Set of Michelin's. and then several sets after that. The only reason I even started considering different tires is that you read they changed compounds (or something like that) SO I am glad to here you have had good experience with the Defenders

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Ok, so my tire order from Walmart arrived today! Tires looked good, so threw them in the back of the truck and off to the tire shop for installation. Had a few minutes before my appointment so thought I would go out and take another look.:mad: They shipped completely the wrong size tires! Cancelled my appointment and apologized feeling like an ass! But before I left ordered these...
B95130D2 AC47 4318 8AC2 804166FF13B4 9AFE90BB 260C 47A3 BB4E 2A6ADF3ECE48 D0AABD52 EEFD 41F3 B017 63598844E320
Anyone have anything good or bad to say about theseo_O

Reactions: BWAF
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, so my tire order from Walmart arrived today! Tires looked good, so threw them in the back of the truck and off to the tire shop for installation. Had a few minutes before my appointment so thought I would go out and take another look.:mad: They shipped completely the wrong size tires! Cancelled my appointment and apologized feeling like an ass! But before I left ordered these...
View attachment 90048 View attachment 90049 View attachment 90050
Anyone have anything good or bad to say about theseo_O

Everybody I know with Cooper tires said they were such a great cheap tire until they lasted 30 or 40k miles and were completely bald. I'll pass.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!