Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
i picked up a couple of axles (call it planning for the future) when a good deal presented itself. Knowing that hopefully I would not have to use in the immediate future but would most likely haul In the truck when I go ride - I knew the cardboard boxes they come in would not last through a few load unloads so I began looking for options.
I first ordered a dragon fire racing axle bag for $20 - nice but it really does not offer much protection for the axle except for basic cover. So I built one tonight out of PVC. First I’ll say if you can find some thinner walled PVC you might go in that direction. Otherwise I think this has the potential to give good protection for spare axles.
Materials used
  • 4” PVC tube cut to 29”
  • 4” convex tube cap
  • 4” screw cap and connector (probably not the correct terms)
  • Pool noodle
  • Clear tape
  • Plank foam (this part still working on - and maybe don’t need)
As you can tell in the pics below I cut the tube to the length of the axle. I cut about 3.5 to 4” of the pool noodle and placed this over the spines on each side - this do 2 things (protects the spines and provides a little bit of cushion and stabilization on the ends to lessen movement inside the tube.
I cut a 4” circle out of the plank foam and I am trying it out as a stabilizer, it has a hold cut in the middle for the axle shaft and goes around the axle shaft in the middle of the tube.

I taped the cotter pin and o ring into tha cap for easy access.

One axle tube that can be tossed in back of truck with out worry of something damaging the contents.
View attachment 90571
View attachment 90575 View attachment 90572 View attachment 90573 View attachment 90574
Lastly I write on the outside of the tube which axle is stores inside (front, rear R, rear L)

Reactions: BWAF
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Think you could save a little of room by going to a 3 inch pipe and fittings, great idea! May put my steering arm in a 2 inch or 1 1/2 pipe

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Extra axle storage options are not intended for inexperienced riders afraid of the terrain and who never attempt the most challenging obstacles.:eek: For those, this thread is not for youo_O

Hell, I dont know how to swim so I stay out of the water:oops:...so I’m not judging those who choose to stay on the path:cool:

And for the record...a stock machine can not go where modified machines can go.;)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Extra axle storage options are not intended for inexperienced riders afraid of the terrain and who never attempt the most challenging obstacles.:eek: For those, this thread is not for youo_O

Hell, I dont know how to swim so I stay out of the water:oops:...so I’m not judging those who choose to stay on the path:cool:

And for the record...a stock machine can not go where modified machines can go.;)
WHATTTT???????? Are you trying to justify all of the money us idiots have spent????? Sure is fun though!!!!!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Think you could save a little of room by going to a 3 inch pipe and fittings, great idea! May put my steering arm in a 2 inch or 1 1/2 pipe
It is a pretty tight fit in the 4” there is just a little room left on either side of the rubber boot

Reactions: BWAF
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

All true. But sometimes a stock machine will go where modified won’t as well

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
26F5D12F EAD5 4188 8A3F 3ECD02F65EB2
But for the record a stock P1K is no joke!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
...the path or groomed trail:confused:
I can sure as heck get any machine over stock 1000 width stuck or bent up trying to follow in many areas around here. We’ve made multiple trails to be as tight as possible over the years, to the point you’re running a foot up on a set of trees to get through. Not exactly the common Jeep trails of most places. Most Rzrs cannot follow. Like you say a Pioneer is no joke especially for 5 people. Wolverine is a beast too.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I can sure as heck get any machine over stock 1000 width stuck or bent up trying to follow in many areas around here. We’ve made multiple trails to be as tight as possible over the years, to the point you’re running a foot up on a set of trees to get through. Not exactly the common Jeep trails of most places.
That's why I run stock width with 30 inch tires. And I really like my Black Waters, throws a lot less mud than my stockers or EFX's. The Black Waters suck on pavement.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I can sure as heck get any machine over stock 1000 width stuck or bent up trying to follow in many areas around here. We’ve made multiple trails to be as tight as possible over the years, to the point you’re running a foot up on a set of trees to get through. Not exactly the common Jeep trails of most places.
:)Sounds like a blast! That’s what it’s all about! Uncharted Territory :cool:

J

JTW

Well, I’ve torn up s*** in about every combination anyone is running. From stock to built. For the most part I’m expecting it in most cases.. I don’t care if it’s stock or built. If you push it hard enough long enough... you’re going to break s***. That’s just part of the hobby. If I was scared of breaking s*** or working on it, then I wouldn’t ride as hard and would take go arounds. But I like the rush... and yes the more seat time can diminish the skinny peddle syndrome but sometimes s*** just happens. The biggest thing I’ve seen and experienced with minimizing breakage, is weight. The more weight you haul the more likely you are to break s***. If you haven’t broken s*** and you ride hard.... just give it time! We’re riding a f***ing school bus like a dirt bike... it’s gunna happen. Y’all are retarded if you think it’s more skill vs luck that’s saving you from swapping parts!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, I’ve torn up s*** in about every combination anyone is running. From stock to built. For the most part I’m expecting it in most cases.. I don’t care if it’s stock or built. If you push it hard enough long enough... you’re going to break s***. That’s just part of the hobby. If I was scared of breaking s*** or working on it, then I wouldn’t ride as hard and would take go arounds. But I like the rush... and yes the more seat time can diminish the skinny peddle syndrome but sometimes s*** just happens. The biggest thing I’ve seen and experienced with minimizing breakage, is weight. The more weight you haul the more likely you are to break s***. If you haven’t broken s*** and you ride hard.... just give it time! We’re riding a f***ing school bus like a dirt bike... it’s gunna happen. Y’all are retarded if you think it’s more skill vs luck that’s saving you from swapping parts!

oh come on you can't ride a dirt bike either

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!