Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well, I’ve torn up s*** in about every combination anyone is running. From stock to built. For the most part I’m expecting it in most cases.. I don’t care if it’s stock or built. If you push it hard enough long enough... you’re going to break s***. That’s just part of the hobby. If I was scared of breaking s*** or working on it, then I wouldn’t ride as hard and would take go arounds. But I like the rush... and yes the more seat time can diminish the skinny peddle syndrome but sometimes s*** just happens. The biggest thing I’ve seen and experienced with minimizing breakage, is weight. The more weight you haul the more likely you are to break s***. If you haven’t broken s*** and you ride hard.... just give it time! We’re riding a f***ing school bus like a dirt bike... it’s gunna happen. Y’all are retarded if you think it’s more skill vs luck that’s saving you from swapping parts!
Between you me Joe and Joey we’ve sucked up a pickup box full of parts! Roll on.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’m going to go out on a limb and say I agree with @JTW .
Thease things are seriously big (and heavy) compar d to the old FL350 and FL400 Pilot and Odyssey. And that take a few more payments to own.
Honestly other then tie rod (the provided steering rack fuse) they hold up extremely well in stock form to what we do with them in my opinion. When you’re pushing 3000 pounds including payload in something roughly the size of a smaller Popo that’s saying something.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Says the guy without a dirt bike..

I had ridden on 2 wheels for right at 30years until I sold my my last two motorcycles in 2015.

You stay on two wheels in a 4wheeled vehicle, if you could keep the rubber side down you might not break as much, for some reason you think it IS a dirt bike.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@JTW all joking aside you’re right people are riding them like a ATV/Dirtbike and they aren’t an ATV/Dirtbike. They are a 2000lb mini-Jeep, and the more mass you have the more damage you can do at a slower speed. You could beef everything up but you’d just add more mass and it’d take beefier components to compensate for the energy you can then apply to those beefier components with the added weight, there’s a point of diminishing returns on weight. Trying to find that balancing point so you can have a reliable vehicle with good performance is difficult. There are so many variable you have to keep in balance. It’s not as easy as saying “Just add a turbo and put 1-Ton axles under it...”

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I had ridden on 2 wheels for right at 30years until I sold my my last two motorcycles in 2015.

You stay on two wheels in a 4wheeled vehicle, if you could keep the rubber side down you might not break as much, for some reason you think it IS a dirt bike.
I’m like a cat! Both times I’ve done multiple rolls either barrel or endo I’ve landed on the wheels.

Last edited:
J

JTW

Suuuure.... ya did! Ole Wes Armstrong on his Huffy!

As I sit here contemplating your number of wheels on the ground statement... I find myself shaking my head in disagreement. 3 axles, 2 tie rods, 2 a arms and a drive shaft later... it’s when all 4 wheels hit the ground that seems to be my issue. All my problems stem from too much traction all at one time.

J

JTW

As I sit here contemplating your number of wheels on the ground statement... I find myself shaking my head in disagreement. 3 axles, 2 tie rods, 2 a arms and a drive shaft later... it’s when all 4 wheels hit the ground that seems to be my issue. All my problems stem from too much traction all at one time.
Pulling a smitty here....

Weight exacerbates sudden positive traction reaction.. much like inexperience, alcohol, chicks and small dicks!

Uh oh.. I think my pioneer just spontaneously exploded!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
.....As I sit here contemplating your number of wheels on the ground statement... I find myself shaking my head in disagreement. 3 axles, 2 tie rods, 2 a arms and a drive shaft later... it’s when all 4 wheels hit the ground that seems to be my issue. All my problems stem from too much traction all at one time.

.....KEEP them on the ground......

Reactions: TimG and BWAF
C

Chooglin

You guys keep doing what you're doing , I love watching the videos and seeing the pics of the hardcore riding. I don't ride like that because my wife is always in the buggy with me (that's my excuse):)..........no really , I have small kahunas!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Maybe you need an LE to lessen some front grip lol. Wouldn’t help that drive shaft or rear axles though

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!