ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks so much! Appreciate the info. Gives me something to think about. Really hoping someone would make a windshield like the Ranger has but I'm getting tired of waiting.

Yup haven’t seen one I like and haven’t gotten frisky enough to chop mine up and add a frame to it to be able to open the glass.

Reactions: EricG
EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Somebody posted a glass flip out version here a while back... it wasn’t the alumilite it was different and a lot cheaper. I think it flipped down.
They did and can't remember the name but I checked into them and they do not work with Honda roof, had to go with their roof or the window would not fold down.

Reactions: JTW
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The only complaint comes from passengers who can’t see through the mud because it’s only 110 degree sweep.

If it were a pantograph arm it could sweep a larger area.

Might look into mounting one to it.

J

Johnsee

Jul 3, 2017
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
seems like a lot of people would be better off with a wrangler rather than trying to turn a utv into one.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Extreme Metal Products would not return my call or answer my e mails other than to tell me there e- bay site was run by others. So I went with Sea Dog wiper, cheaper and works well. Will only use when windshield it wet.

20171203 090713 20171203 090725

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gonna scratch, find a good 6000grit polishing compound and prepare to not be able to see when the sun hits it.

If a hard coat windshield is just as it says "hard coat" I assume that means just the surface so polishing compound would take the hard coat off I would think and then scratch more.

S

silverstreak

Jan 17, 2017
Morgan Hill, Ca
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Nothing... I used soaked the windshield and then used a wet wash not to barely clean the hard coat Honda windshield I had for my Valkyrie. Scratched so bad I had to replace it because I could see nothing when the sun hit it, I had to start using a cleaner specifically designed for cleaning a hard coat windshield. Then spray it off then wash it with water. Got to the point I just rode without it.

Glass is heavy and expensive but if you want a wiper it’s your only real choice.

That said a wiper is awesome! I even put a washer tank on mine. Used it last Sat, it was dusty and muddy for a few hours and warm (mid 70’s) then it came a downpour and it was much cooler (upper 40’s) muddy and raining. It was nice to be able to clean the mud spray and chunks off.

View attachment 58823
View attachment 58824

View attachment 58825

I went through a 3 gallons of water cleaning the windshield that weekend and it was raining for a day and a half. You will use it more than you think.

Can’t use rain-x on a plastic windshield either.
Yes you can, Rain-x has got a product called Rain-x for Plastic. It is used on motorcycle windshields. I used it on my Lexan windshield and it works like a champ.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes you can, Rain-x has got a product called Rain-x for Plastic. It is used on motorcycle windshields. I used it on my Lexan windshield and it works like a champ.

I stand corrected just don’t use regular Rain-X on it.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!