P700 First 20 hour service cost. (38 hours actually)

• Thread starter Tropicalfruitfarm
  • Start date
Tropicalfruitfarm

Tropicalfruitfarm

Nov 2, 2016
Merritt Island
www.islandtropicalfruit.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Took in 700-M4 for 20 hour service. Issues were a shifting problem and a vibration. It was shifting at a higher RMP.

Dealer called said it was ready and there were no issues, they also ran computer diag and no codes appeared. I went there and drove it with the technician. The shifting issue and vibration were gone. I ran it up and down the street, and it shifted at 27 MPH, right where it is supposed to, according to the tech. He said everything is controlled by oil pressure. Anyway, it runs fine now.

Service took 3.3 hours at $98.00 and $59.00 in parts (spark plugs, air filter, etc.)

Reactions: swsebek
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Not to shabby, it will get better shifting over time......

Reactions: Tflynn
T

teejk

Jun 5, 2017
Hatfield Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-2
ok...embarked on my "maiden voyage" today on the 2016 P700 2 seater (126 miles/14 hours) with shop manual in hand. I was taking very careful notes about every step of the process so I could #1 get it back together and #2 trying to see if one or more of the steps could be omitted next time (c'mon...removing the seat rest and the battery???). I got as far as trying to remove the left side outer "bolt" (which I would call a screw)...a decent #3 Philips screwdriver would not budge it. My wimpy "butterfly" air tool with a new #3 bit would not budge it. Brought out the big air gun with a new #3 bit...hate it when I see metal shavings and the "bolt" is still there.

Should have known I guess...removing the seat back bolts told me that Honda uses a lot of loc-tite. Not happy but tomorrow is another day.

T

teejk

Jun 5, 2017
Hatfield Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-2
Took in 700-M4 for 20 hour service. Issues were a shifting problem and a vibration. It was shifting at a higher RMP.

Dealer called said it was ready and there were no issues, they also ran computer diag and no codes appeared. I went there and drove it with the technician. The shifting issue and vibration were gone. I ran it up and down the street, and it shifted at 27 MPH, right where it is supposed to, according to the tech. He said everything is controlled by oil pressure. Anyway, it runs fine now.

Service took 3.3 hours at $98.00 and $59.00 in parts (spark plugs, air filter, etc.)
Spark plugs, etc. at 20 hours? I guess if they did the valve clearance thing then that would account for 1 hour+ just to remove the plastic (Honda assembly apparently doesn't follow the torque specs in their manual). I'll be recapping my experience on my 2016 P2 shortly.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!