JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Anytime you see those tight squiggly lines on map I found that it's a trail better for atv's many tight turns.
Wasn't that so much as the areas we rode were mainly just open, sugar sand, trails. Not a lot of "through the forest" type trails like I thought 🤷‍♂️ also a few long sections of bucking trails....the ones where there's a small whoop every 2 ft it seems like 😂

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Wasn't that so much as the areas we rode were mainly just open, sugar sand, trails. Not a lot of "through the forest" type trails like I thought 🤷‍♂️ also a few long sections of bucking trails....the ones where there's a small whoop every 2 ft it seems like 😂
Yep more of that in the Big Scrub area

Reactions: JenElio
Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Went back to Ocala last weekend. Stayed on the Yellow trail mostly. They were doing some controlled burns which was interesting riding next to a brush fire. Forest service guy stopped us and for a warning but they didn't close the trail.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Went back to Ocala last weekend. Stayed on the Yellow trail mostly. They were doing some controlled burns which was interesting riding next to a brush fire. Forest service guy stopped us and for a warning but they didn't close the trail.

We had that happen once. They wanted to turn us back but it wasn't really feasible for us. They let us through, plenty of heat and smoke, and navigating around their trucks.

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
Last time I was at Ocala the yellow trail had a lot more whoops on the south and east sides. That usually means more motocross traffic. The brown and blue trails are more woods. No whoops in the past. They controlled burn my favorite crossing on the yellow trail where you were totally covered in thicket. ☹️ This was at the north end crossing near the red trail.

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Last time I was at Ocala the yellow trail had a lot more whoops on the south and east sides. That usually means more motocross traffic. The brown and blue trails are more woods. No whoops in the past. They controlled burn my favorite crossing on the yellow trail where you were totally covered in thicket. ☹️ This was at the north end crossing near the red trail.
Still plenty of whoops. I turned the shocks softer to smooth it out some but then I rubbed in the rear if I went too fast. It was the most traffic I've seen there, had a few close calls with some oncoming ATVs and a can-am hauling ass. Also got stuck behind a line of Toyotas for a while. Still better than the Centennial trail loop. That one is super tight.

Last edited:
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Try Apalachicola, that's where I was Saturday. The trails are 100x nicer up there, it's worth the drive to not have the chop/washboard.

Last edited:
Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Try Apalachicola, that's where I was Saturday. The trails are 100x nicer up there, it's worth the drive to not have the chop/washboard.
That's a bit far for a day trip, have to spend the weekend for that one. The link you posted shows a 50" limit but the National Forest sight doesn't show that (as far as I could tell). I will check out at some point, thanks for posting.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
That's a bit far for a day trip, have to spend the weekend for that one. The link you posted shows a 50" limit but the National Forest sight doesn't show that (as far as I could tell). I will check out at some point, thanks for posting.
Yeah its an older article my KRX has fit down everything we have rode with no scrubbing a few 5 point turn sections from being 13ft long. I'll post what I have mapped out on lifetime trail maps when I get home from work.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
20240206 175958

20240206 180008

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!