Flat bed to replace rear seats

M

Michael53

Dec 13, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X4
i want to find out if anyone builds a flat platform to replace the rear seats in Talon X-4. Our Black Lab travels with us everywhere and she loves to ride along in the Talon. I use towels and a large quilt to fill-in gaps on rear seats and try to make riding better for her. She always stands, never lays down in the Talon so a flat plots would work especially once I cover it with foam. Any ideas?

• Wow
Reactions: Remington and TxDoc
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
i want to find out if anyone builds a flat platform to replace the rear seats in Talon X-4. Our Black Lab travels with us everywhere and she loves to ride along in the Talon. I use towels and a large quilt to fill-in gaps on rear seats and try to make riding better for her. She always stands, never lays down in the Talon so a flat plots would work especially once I cover it with foam. Any ideas?
Kind of pricey but might be an option for dog and still have rear passengers if needed to.

Reactions: TxDoc and Rayger143
M

Michael53

Dec 13, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Kind of pricey but might be an option for dog and still have rear passengers if needed to.

That is an interesting option and looks like it might work. Thanks!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
She always stands, never lays down in the Talon
You have a Lab!
That aint gonna lay down when things are moving or something is happening. Only on a smooth road on the back bench seat of a truck!
Ive had 5 labs and well trained and behaved. They all do the same thing. Only in my P1K5 in the bed would they remotely sit or lay down.
Never happens in my Talon. In fact its quite the $hit show! 🤣 Its a loosing battle. Good luck to you sir!

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My lab hates the back seat of the P1k5. If I lay it down to a bed he mostly lays down and is content. have you seen the DIY plywood platforms people put in the back seats of trucks?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Our 125 lb lab insists on being in the front seat at all times.... just like the two before him.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
Wow! Thats a big lab! All muscle or fat? Mine are American field labs. My boys are about 85lbs and lean.
Blue will only sit in my wifes lap in the Talon. If she drives it by herself, he trys to get to the floorboards not the seat scared to death of her driving like Iam🤣

M

Michael53

Dec 13, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I'm following this at I have friends with the exact same needs

Of course pics of the Lab are greatly anticipated

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
86 lb, 3 1/2 years old. Loves riding.
IMG 2964 IMG 2063 IMG 1471

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have no idea what the rear seating area looks like but couldn't you just remove the seats and build a platform out of plywood or HDPE? You'd probably need some cribbing underneath bc the floor is most likely uneven? Could make it removable for service. 🤷‍♂️

M

Michael53

Dec 13, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I have no idea what the rear seating area looks like but couldn't you just remove the seats and build a platform out of plywood or HDPE? You'd probably need some cribbing underneath bc the floor is most likely uneven? Could make it removable for service. 🤷‍♂️
That’s what I will likely do- build something myself.

Reactions: TxDoc
toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

Here is a thread about a 700. It might give you ideas if you want to make your own. There is a YouTube link with a plywood seat. Throw some outdoor carpet on it and it would be perfect for dogs.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!