P1000 FOR SALE: Shocks

J

Joe1985

Dec 26, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have 2016 PK5 California edition with the lighter rear shocks. Does anybody still have a set of the heavier slightly used rear shocks for sale? I’d like to upgrade to the heavier ones. If available, please let me know how much $.

Thanks.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have 2016 PK5 California edition with the lighter rear shocks. Does anybody still have a set of the heavier slightly used rear shocks for sale? I’d like to upgrade to the heavier ones. If available, please let me know how much $.

Thanks.
I've got a set of rear self levelers? I would get a set of decent shocks before I spent a penny on stock shocks for a P1?

J

Joe1985

Dec 26, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got a set of rear self levelers? I would get a set of decent shocks before I spent a penny on stock shocks for a P1?

I don’t put a lot of miles/hours on my P1, it’s mainly for farm use and hunting, so I’m not too concerned with the ride for recreational use. I was just thinking that switching from the CA compliant stock rear shocks, which I think are rated for 600lb capacity, to the normal stock rear shocks, which I think are 1000lbs, would help improve my payload capacity. If I could do that for pretty cheap I thought it might be worth it, but I wasn’t looking at spending too much money.

With that said, do you all think it’s worth switching?

At a later point when I can ride it more I might consider going with a higher end shock. Thanks again.

B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
CA compliant shocks? F that state. Please enlighten me as to what CA's specs are on shocks. If anyone wants to buy my stock p1k-5 shocks, they have maybe 200 miles on them, send me a message and I am sure we can work out a deal.

Reactions: JTW
J

Joe1985

Dec 26, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
CA compliant shocks? F that state. Please enlighten me as to what CA's specs are on shocks. If anyone wants to buy my stock p1k-5 shocks, they have maybe 200 miles on them, send me a message and I am sure we can work out a deal.

According to the following thread, the Califonistan models come with 600 lb shocks because anything over that is considered a truck in that state.

P1000m3 - California Model Differences?

Had the guy i that I bought it from not told me it was a CA model I probably never would have known and I’m sure I’ll never haul 1000lbs in the bed. I just want to go to sleep at night knowing that it’s no longer CA compliant.

Reactions: BBLASER
B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
haha, I agree. Even if I knew I would never haul 1000lbs in it, I would change the shocks just to make it non-CA compliant. That state is so F'd up it is unreal.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!