P1000 Fox Shock Pricing

A

arizonasteeler

Mar 23, 2016
mesa arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Pair.. sorry I keep answering but I've been keeping close tabs on @hondabob and those little foxy beauties!
If there 850$ a pair thats probably not a bad deal as long as honda got the spring rate correct, i have a polaris rzr xp900 2 seater and the stock fox shocks where terrible i put a 1000$ in to new springs and valving and they are awesome now, polaris put the factory springs on them not fox, as far as adjustments 80% ofthe people will be happy with 3 rebound adjustments if they set the compression correct.ill be looking for some reviews before i buy any for my honda 3 seater 1000, elka stage2 or 3 are also awesome and are comparible in price.

Reactions: JTW and PioneerPete
J

JTW

If there 850$ a pair thats probably not a bad deal as long as honda got the spring rate correct, i have a polaris rzr xp900 2 seater and the stock fox shocks where terrible i put a 1000$ in to new springs and valving and they are awesome now, polaris put the factory springs on them not fox, as far as adjustments 80% ofthe people will be happy with 3 rebound adjustments if they set the compression correct.ill be looking for some reviews before i buy any for my honda 3 seater 1000, elka stage2 or 3 are also awesome and are comparible in price.
I'm with ya! Fox are my first choice IF they're right.. if not I'll go stage 4 elkas

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
FYI Guys The springs and valving are slightly different for the 3 seat and 5 seat due to the heavier weight. Looks like Fox and Honda has these shocks dialed in pretty good. QS3 = Quick Switch 3 Snow tech magazine has an article on the shock. Polaris uses these shocks on the General. 2016 Fox QS3 Adjustable Shocks I'm hoping to get my set late this week.

GravelBat

GravelBat

Sep 5, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been following for all the good info in this thread. We ride with mostly rzr's. The pioneer keeps up just fine going through the trails, the big difference I notice is when we hit the straight aways. Going over bumps and stuff I have to slow down while the rzr's seem to glide over them. So I'll be updating the shocks so that doesn't happen this summer. Good info guys!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!