P1000 Fox shock users.. settings?

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2.5” front and 1.25” in rear is where mine sits level and has good ride. Can go more and get more lift but wife doesn’t like jumping up into Pioneer. Run soft on front and medium on rear and increase rear to hard if it’s fully loaded to stop bottoming out

Here's my shocks, can you describe where you are taking these measurements from? Thanks.

Shocks

Reactions: TimG
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The shock body is the threaded part(grey). The shock cap is top part(black). The adjusting nut is black ring that you adjust for preload.

The gap between bottom of shock cap and top of adjusting nut.

B14D285F 67F8 48F7 BF31 4E0E97ACA18E

Reactions: nitzo and TimG
nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The shock body is the threaded part(grey). The shock cap is top part(black). The adjusting nut is black ring that you adjust for preload.

The gap between bottom of shock cap and top of adjusting nut.

Awesome, and u went 2.5 in the front and 1.25 in the rear. Thanks, that helps a lot .

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
I got my shocks today and looking forwards to getting them on. Do I need a spanner wrench for the shock pre load adjustment or can I get by with out one ?

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome, and u went 2.5 in the front and 1.25 in the rear. Thanks, that helps a lot .

no problem. That is my sweet spot with my setup. Yours May be different but that’s a good starting point

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got my shocks today and looking forwards to getting them on. Do I need a spanner wrench for the shock pre load adjustment or can I get by with out one ?

Sure you could do it with big pair of channel locks but would scar up the nut pretty good. I’d invest in a spanner wrench, they are cheap

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
Sure you could do it with big pair of channel locks but would scar up the nut pretty good. I’d invest in a spanner wrench, they are cheap

That's what I figured, I'll order one tonight.

Reactions: JTW
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's what I figured, I'll order one tonight.
Also dont be dumbass like me and put the rear shocks on the wrong sides. Make sure the reservoir is turned toward the front. I had mine wrong for a couple of rides and it pinched my brake lines almost into.

Last edited:
Reactions: Plumber32 and TimG
TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
Also dont be dumbass like me and put the rear shocks on the wrong sides. Make sure the reservoir is turned toward the front. I had my wrong for a couple of rides and it pinched my break lines almost into.

Thanks I appreciate it ! I had already ordered an adjustable spanner wrench and a set of 2 non adjustable ones just for s***z and giggles :)

Reactions: Plumber32
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Thanks I appreciate it ! I had already ordered an adjustable spanner wrench and a set of 2 non adjustable ones just for s***z and giggles :)
Definitely adjust them before putting them on the machine if you can. We did mine on the machine and even with good spanners had to use a punch to get the retaining ring loose on both sides. I left the stock front settings but needed to add about 1.5" of preload in the rear to get back to the ride height I had previously on my P1k-5.

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
Definitely adjust them before putting them on the machine if you can. We did mine on the machine and even with good spanners had to use a punch to get the retaining ring loose on both sides. I left the stock front settings but needed to add about 1.5" of preload in the rear to get back to the ride height I had previously on my P1k-5.

Thanks for the tip ! I can see that would be a bear when mounted. I will try to get them close before mounting.

Reactions: nitzo and Adam490

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!