P1000 Front Strut Protection (Custom)?

C

cboyda

Jan 12, 2024
Alberta, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like there is factory front arm protection = Honda Pioneer 1000 UHMW A-arm Guard Armor Kit by Factory UTV
And I assume they bolt onto the frame.
Any luck with something custom that protects more of the hoses etc (higher)?
Seriously thinking going thru a couple 1-2" trees is just going to rip apart hoses in there...

0b03c4b8dc4d5cea348ff58771cdabd724945b98045b5e282f8951e7e8e5e107  86215

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
First off, seen this is your second post and no pics or full info, miles yr mods etc. of your rig as required. POIDH
WELCOME from the Lower 44.

As for them guards. Your gonna get a 50/50 answer form everyone here. There are threads in the search up top to read for sometime about them if u like? U either like them or you dont. I use to like them. I now do not have them. I belive they do more harm than good. They collect and store crap like mud and sticks even tho they are suppose to protect you from sticks, they get wedged in there and rake havoc on things. Had one tear a boot on a axle that was cought rootering around in there. The weight of mud was slowing it down as well. So i took them off. Have much less problems if any at all.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
First off, seen this is your second post and no pics or full info, miles yr mods etc. of your rig as required. POIDH
WELCOME from the Lower 44.

As for them guards. Your gonna get a 50/50 answer form everyone here. There are threads in the search up top to read for sometime about them if u like? U either like them or you dont. I use to like them. I now do not have them. I belive they do more harm than good. They collect and store crap like mud and sticks even tho they are suppose to protect you from sticks, they get wedged in there and rake havoc on things. Had one tear a boot on a axle that was cought rootering around in there. The weight of mud was slowing it down as well. So i took them off. Have much less problems if any at all.

should be labeled as mud trays - I have em as well - by the end of day I’m down 3MPH as well even with the higher HP red machine - sucks

C

cboyda

Jan 12, 2024
Alberta, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very interesting, appreciate the feedback.
1) Added unit information to my signature
2) Didn't even realize they had a bottom "tray"... I was just thinking more like a front angled bumper so that whatever hit would go UNDER the struts... no need for a flat tray for debris so I totally see that backfiring right quick!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Very interesting, appreciate the feedback.
1) Added unit information to my signature
Your welcome. Cool thats in your sig and good Idea.
But we encourage to start an Intro thread and post up that info and most importantly pics of the rig.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I was just thinking more like a front angled bumper so that whatever hit would go UNDER the struts... no need for a flat tray for debris so I totally see that backfiring right quick!
Dont overthink it. Just drive it like you stole it

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Could also change your brake lines to stainless, TTC makes a kit. I haven't seen many post about damaged brake lines though.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!