JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Hey Guys,
Have been trading Dillon at Dobeck Performance e-mails in regards to development of a fuel controller. Also questioned him about an exhaust as well, as I've not seen much for the P5. Latest word as of today he (Dillon) thought they'd have something pretty soon along with two exhaust options. Hmf and Big Gun is what he mentioned.

So for those that have a fuel controller, exhaust and performance filter on an EFI Honda ATV, or dirt bike I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Will let you guys know when Dobeck has a P/N for parts.

Cheers

jrc

Reactions: sthomp54
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I run the dobeck with fmf and uni filter on my crf and its amazing also I run the dobeck with hmf and uni filter on my 420 rancher and they completely transform the machines instant throttle response and much better power delivery

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Hey Guys,
Have been trading Dillon at Dobeck Performance e-mails in regards to development of a fuel controller. Also questioned him about an exhaust as well, as I've not seen much for the P5. Latest word as of today he (Dillon) thought they'd have something pretty soon along with two exhaust options. Hmf and Big Gun is what he mentioned.

So for those that have a fuel controller, exhaust and performance filter on an EFI Honda ATV, or dirt bike I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Will let you guys know when Dobeck has a P/N for parts.

Cheers

jrc
ive been told for almost a year that they have been close to finalizing them lol

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I run the dobeck with fmf and uni filter on my crf and its amazing also I run the dobeck with hmf and uni filter on my 420 rancher and they completely transform the machines instant throttle response and much better power delivery

Thanks jak99... Pleased to hear this, I hope Dobeck gets something out soon. I know it's been about a year since I first contacted Dillon (at Dobeck) about P5 controller and they have released one for the P700, just this last fall I think, least they list a Part Number on their site.

I looked at HMF's and Big Gun's sites, and they don't list a P/N for exhausts for the P5. Hopefully they will show something soon. Dillon did mentioned these two Co's had/ where doing something and im thinking it would be just a matter of developing mounts as the muffler for a 500 cc engine has been done (other applications) for years.

jrc

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3748

like big foot ill belive it when I see it
BFretro1

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
How is this installed?

advertisement
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
install is cake swap out 02 sensor install bypass on old 02 harness then just plug the wires in and go

oly1981

oly1981

Feb 18, 2016
Lewiston Idaho
How is this installed?
Guessing just like a dirt bike, unplug cable to injector and plug that into controller and controller plugs into injector. The question I have is if it use the same location for the O2 sensor? I think on the 700 kit it uses the wide band O2, not sure if you would have to weld a different bung in the header.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Guessing just like a dirt bike, unplug cable to injector and plug that into controller and controller plugs into injector. The question I have is if it use the same location for the O2 sensor? I think on the 700 kit it uses the wide band O2, not sure if you would have to weld a different bung in the header.
That wouldn't be cool. I looked at the link for it above and it shows no instructions that I could find.

oly1981

oly1981

Feb 18, 2016
Lewiston Idaho
That wouldn't be cool. I looked at the link for it above and it shows no instructions that I could find.

It wasn't that big of a deal on a dirt bike, pretty easy to weld in or have some one do. Hopefully it will be the same location.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It wasn't that big of a deal on a dirt bike, pretty easy to weld in or have some one do. Hopefully it will be the same location.
Jak9922 didn't say anything about welding, hopefully he's right. In any case, I'll not be doing it until I get feed back from others who have.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
you have to remove your factory 02 sensor and hope the new one fits if not you have to weld in a new bung

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Why would AFR+ manufacture a product for the P-500 that doesn't fit the P-500???

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Looks like Dobeck has one on their site for the 500! Who going to pony up and buy one? I've got one on my kx450, seems to wake it up and is better on fuel.

AFR+ - Air/Fuel Ratio gauge plus EFI controller. #1 Fuel trimming and closed loop controller.

Nice oly1981.... Thanks, not made time to look at their site. Dillon from Dobeck did mention that a stage 1 kit was being developed and that included (I think) aftermarket exhaust, fuel controller and air filter. I think P5 exhausts are all one piece, so will be interesting to see what HMF and Big Gun come up with. Presuming entire exhaust will be replaced from cylinder exhaust port to and including muffler? I trust the O2 sensor bung will be integral on their respective pipes? Guess the other option maybe to trim off everything down flow just infront of O2 sensor and replace with slip on system, I don't think there is room between stock O2 and Cat to cut and clamp slip on system although I could be wrong.

jrc

Last edited:
Reactions: oly1981
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Guess the other option maybe to trim off everything down flow just infront of O2 sensor and replace with slip on system.
that's what I will be doing if they don't come out with one soon lol I have a stock cbr pipe begging to get used on something

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!