P500 Fuel Milage ?

RODNUT

RODNUT

May 16, 2015
After riding the trail system at Bryce Canyon, Utah, for a couple of days, i was surprised at the fuel milage my p500 was getting. 160 miles rode on 4.6 gal. fuel. About 40% dirt roads and 60% "trails". All at 8000 to 9500 feet alt.. This little machine has it all inc. great fuel milage, 35+ mpg. and believe me not all easy miles, My only gripe is my butt can't handle that far in complete comfort, so 2 new seats from Standard Suspension seat co. orderd from UTV Giant were orderd and will replace the bench. Are all yous gus getting fuel milage over 35 mpg..

IMG 0581

Buryit

Buryit

Sep 18, 2015
National Forest, NW AR
Never checked exact mileage because so far most trips are under 20 miles in rough terrain but yes it sips fuel. I top it off each day from large gas jug I keep full of non ethanol fuel in.

It seems nuts but we rode hours today in rough areas and gauge never moved lol. Now if my 4x4 truck would just follow suit.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have run about 60 miles on my current tank of fuel and only 2 bars have dropped. I can easily believe it get 35 mpg + in mixed riding. I will know for sure in two weeks got a 9 day excursion in TN Smokey Mountains planned. I am think I will be able to easily got 120 miles per tank full and plan to test that theory out as I carry a 3 gal spare fuel pack I have not used yet.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Not checked mine but did increase fuel capacity with no ill effects....

Take fuel cap off there is a white collar that extends down into the tank, I removed this collar. I used a very sharp knife, screw driver and vise grips. VERY carefully using the single sides blade knife such that the back none sharp edge is against the black tank material and cut the white collar, with screw driver and vise grips remove collar. I increased volume by about a litre I'd say.

jrc.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
After riding the trail system at Bryce Canyon, Utah, for a couple of days, i was surprised at the fuel milage my p500 was getting. 160 miles rode on 4.6 gal. fuel. About 40% dirt roads and 60% "trails". All at 8000 to 9500 feet alt.. This little machine has it all inc. great fuel milage, 35+ mpg. and believe me not all easy miles, My only gripe is my butt can't handle that far in complete comfort, so 2 new seats from Standard Suspension seat co. orderd from UTV Giant were orderd and will replace the bench. Are all yous gus getting fuel milage over 35 mpg..

View attachment 6670
I'm just surprised to hear that utv's are allowed in the Bryce Canyon area!!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Not checked mine but did increase fuel capacity with no ill effects....

Take fuel cap off there is a white collar that extends down into the tank, I removed this collar. I used a very sharp knife, screw driver and vise grips. VERY carefully using the single sides blade knife such that the back none sharp edge is against the black tank material and cut the white collar, with screw driver and vise grips remove collar. I increased volume by about a litre I'd say.

jrc.
That's wild.

RODNUT

RODNUT

May 16, 2015
I'm just surprised to hear that utv's are allowed in the Bryce Canyon area!!!
The Bryce canyon area has literally hundreds of miles of trails open to off road vehicles, one could ride for a week and only cover a portion of the trails. the side benefit of riding there is the outstanding views of the red rock and forest, high vistas where one can see for a hundred miles. the accommodations are great also, a huge campground and lodge. About the only place you can't ride is in the national park boundary. It is helpful to be road legal so you can get around in the small community there.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The Bryce canyon area has literally hundreds of miles of trails open to off road vehicles, one could ride for a week and only cover a portion of the trails. the side benefit of riding there is the outstanding views of the red rock and forest, high vistas where one can see for a hundred miles. the accommodations are great also, a huge campground and lodge. About the only place you can't ride is in the national park boundary. It is helpful to be road legal so you can get around in the small community there.
That is so awesome!!! Are these trails on BLM, and is camping permitted anywhere along them, or just within the campground. Also, are they open year round?

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
I use mine as a daily driver/recreational vehicle. Probably 75% of my riding is on paved/dirt roads. I can get almost 40mpg, if I don't go into the mountains, and baby it slightly. HA! we had a small fuel crisis here on the island last week. Tanks were empty, and fuel barge was stuck in Dutch Harbor due to weather. Fortunately, my little buggy was topped off the day they ran out at the dock. I was conservative, and planned my trips, but I was able to run for 9 days without any real inconvenience. Other people were moaning, b****ing, or walking. I was even able to loan it out to friends who needed to make store runs. There are several new fans of the P500 on my little island after this incident. Had two people ask me in the last week how much one costs, and where to buy from. May be some more P500 owners by this summer up here.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 6670
I get over 30 MPG at 10 to over 12,000' in 4 wheel and lots of low gear so l have been pleased as well. I carry extra fuel that usually goes to those with machines that get less gas mileage. Of course those are the people that ride like there is no tomorrow.

advertisement
500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
My low fuel warning comes on before 60 miles here in pa. Does anyone have an idea how much is left when the warning starts to flash?

RODNUT

RODNUT

May 16, 2015
That is so awesome!!! Are these trails on BLM, and is camping permitted anywhere along them, or just within the campground. Also, are they open year round?
Almost all trails are on National Forest land and there are camping areas situated at various places along the trails and roads. There are also Nat. Forest campgrounds.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Almost all trails are on National Forest land and there are camping areas situated at various places along the trails and roads. There are also Nat. Forest campgrounds.
Well I can see that I need to hook the toy hauler up and head to Bryce Canyon. Thanks for the info.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I get about same 120 miles on tank, but when drive through snow and have to push it, I got about 60-80 miles this winter. Will get on a trail and measure, never had a chance to do just trails in cruise mode.

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I've only checked mine a couple times- about 30mpg. That's almost 100% crawling and busting trails through the woods. I'm guessing it's worst mileage is about 23-25mpg when I go to H/M trails as that is near wide open running 90% of the time. Even at that, burning a tank of fuel in a single ride is about the limit of my endurance for a day! Gonna be out that way first week of March- Trailhead ATV resort Bluefield VA:)

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
My low fuel warning comes on before 60 miles here in pa. Does anyone have an idea how much is left when the warning starts to flash?
Here is what to do when the fuel warning light starts to flash.
Sling Blade

Reactions: trigger
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m not sure what my p5 gets. I use mine for chores and checking fence mainly. I need to go trail riding so I can find out. I will say I don’t have to fill it up very often, maybe every two weeks or so.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Avg riding...I get 100 miles +...per tank
....Rode steep trails...in Manco's ,Co..
never getting out of 2nd....gear
...= 56 miles...fuel light....flashing
...fuel consumption depends on..
terrain. ..style of riding. ..speed
...etc
IMO

Reactions: JWB
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!