Fuel Pump Recall - P1K

t-bear

t-bear

Nov 11, 2019
NE OK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@HondaTech

Searched but didn't find another thread. Got my recall letter on the Fuel Pump Recall for my 2019 P1K-5. Due to distance to dealer, hassle of transporting and the wait associated I am probably gonna do the replacement myself.

I was wondering if our resident Honda Tech could help me with somethings:

1. My research shows the complete fuel pump assembly is part number 16700-HL3-A02 .

2. What part number are the Honda dealers replacing the faulty pumps with?

3. I'm concerned if I order a fuel pump from a supplier that I might be getting an older faulty unit.

4. Since it was a bad batch of pumps what was the part number for the bad pump? Same as posted in #1?

Thanks very much.

Reactions: TxDoc and Isaiah
wrhii

wrhii

Lifetime Member
Feb 22, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@HondaTech

Searched but didn't find another thread. Got my recall letter on the Fuel Pump Recall for my 2019 P1K-5. Due to distance to dealer, hassle of transporting and the wait associated I am probably gonna do the replacement myself.

I was wondering if our resident Honda Tech could help me with somethings:

1. My research shows the complete fuel pump assembly is part number 16700-HL3-A02 .

2. What part number are the Honda dealers replacing the faulty pumps with?

3. I'm concerned if I order a fuel pump from a supplier that I might be getting an older faulty unit.

4. Since it was a bad batch of pumps what was the part number for the bad pump? Same as posted in #1?

Thanks very much.
Mine failed before the recall. I ordered an entire assembly. It took 5 weeks to come in. After the recall came out I had them fix my old unit and they verified that the unit I bought was in fact the updated pump.. I know this is more then you asked for. Honda is not replacing the unit, just the pump within the unit. Part number for the Pump assy like I bought is 16700-HL3-A02. The work done under recall does not show a part number for the pump itself. Maybe this will help

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Generally updated Honda parts have a new part number or a marking on the label. The recall documentation may explain that.

wrhii

wrhii

Lifetime Member
Feb 22, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Generally updated Honda parts have a new part number or a marking on the label. The recall documentation may explain that.
FYI if you choose to do like I did , its a 10 min job to pull the assy and install new pump and gasket yourself. Again they assured me that the part number you show had the new updated pump in it. 🤷‍♂️

t-bear

t-bear

Nov 11, 2019
NE OK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine failed before the recall. I ordered an entire assembly. It took 5 weeks to come in. After the recall came out I had them fix my old unit and they verified that the unit I bought was in fact the updated pump.. I know this is more then you asked for. Honda is not replacing the unit, just the pump within the unit. Part number for the Pump assy like I bought is 16700-HL3-A02. The work done under recall does not show a part number for the pump itself. Maybe this will help

Heck yeah that helps! Thanks @wrhii

Good news that the part number I found and what you used are the same. Can I ask how long ago did you order/repair your unit?

Reactions: TxDoc
wrhii

wrhii

Lifetime Member
Feb 22, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Heck yeah that helps! Thanks @wrhii

Good news that the part number I found and what you used are the same. Can I ask how long ago did you order/repair your unit?
Took 5 weeks to come in at the dealer after I ordered it. Keep in mind this was prolly because it was ordered right around the time the recall was issued to the public. I installed the new pump assy on 8/1. Good luck

R

rickoshea

i was going to do mine but i also got the recall for the steering knuckle as well on the same notice,so it's going in.appointment is for the end of November and the parts are ordered so it should be in and out in the same day.

Reactions: wrhii
wrhii

wrhii

Lifetime Member
Feb 22, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i was going to do mine but i also got the recall for the steering knuckle as well on the same notice,so it's going in.appointment is for the end of November and the parts are ordered so it should be in and out in the same day.
My machine was down and I didn't want it in "waiting in the parts yard", so I did it myself, I think @t-bear indicated distance from dealer problems and will do his also. Compared to the price of everything else on these things, wasn't but $180.00 shipped.

Last edited:
t-bear

t-bear

Nov 11, 2019
NE OK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Took 5 weeks to come in at the dealer after I ordered it. Keep in mind this was prolly because it was ordered right around the time the recall was issued to the public. I installed the new pump assy on 8/1. Good luck
Thanks @wrhii I am sure that will help of us guys who want to do it ourselves. Much appreciated! Cold beer or two when if we meet.

R

rickoshea

My machine was down and I didn't want it in "waiting in the parts yard", so I did it myself, I think @t-bear indicated distance from dealer problems and will do his also. Compared to the price of everything else on these things, wasn't but $180.00 shipped.
i have a pretty good relationship with my local dealer.my brother has been going to him for parts for close to 25 years.they know him well and now me by name as well.as soon as i booked the appointment they ordered the parts because i told them i needed it to plow and can't wait too long to get it back.

advertisement
wrhii

wrhii

Lifetime Member
Feb 22, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i have a pretty good relationship with my local dealer.my brother has been going to him for parts for close to 25 years.they know him well and now me by name as well.as soon as i booked the appointment they ordered the parts because i told them i needed it to plow and can't wait too long to get it back.
Quick and painless 👍 🙃

Reactions: rickoshea
R

Russch

Sep 5, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I am not the original owner of my P500. How do I find out about this fuel pump recall. And am I eligible for it?

Reactions: pappyo
K

ken1200

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2019
Elkins, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hope someone doues a Utube video on the replacement.

Swampmonkey

Swampmonkey

Jan 17, 2019
Al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any updates from you guys on this? Mine died this weekend. Sounds like starving for fuel to try to crank. Is the part number at the start of the thread the new fuel pump. Anyone know if the replacement comes with new o ring that seals it to tank? If not, does anyone have that part number also? Thanks.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!