P1000m5 Fuel storage ideas

L

Logan

Feb 7, 2016
Canada
Looking at doing a few long trips where we will need to pack fuel. Has anyone found a good way to mount a rotopax? Or preferably something more inexpensive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking at doing a few long trips where we will need to pack fuel. Has anyone found a good way to mount a rotopax? Or preferably something more inexpensive?

I haven't tried it yet, but I thought about screwing the rotopax mount to the side of my yeti and putting it there.

Reactions: Jshell3
J

Jshell3

Yes!
I'd settle for a regular gas can That fitz well behind the rear seat. Rarely would I ride distances that require a refuel. But at the Takeover, I might.
Just hoping not to have $100 in a gas can and mount.
So I'll be checking this thread out.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I measured behind the seat and it's 4" at top and 8" at bottom. Limits to either 2 or 4 gallon rotopax. I haven't been able to find anything smaller anywhere.

L

Logan

Feb 7, 2016
Canada
I have this aluminum box inbuilt in the back almost all the time. So using the behind the seat box space isn't an option. A rotopax would work. Just have a hard time shelling out a few hundred bucks for a gas can

D4528c9dc7fe4737f177a97eda53597b

J

JTW

I have this aluminum box inbuilt in the back almost all the time. So using the behind the seat box space isn't an option. A rotopax would work. Just have a hard time shelling out a few hundred bucks for a gas can

D4528c9dc7fe4737f177a97eda53597b

You've got it a nice box!! I need one of those!

Reactions: sharp
advertisement
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!