Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just read through whole thread. Looking good man! Only thing that confused me was I swear I read something about driving around a mud hole. Guess I've been out in the sun too long or something lol. I'm kidding of course. I've come to terms with the fact not everybody enjoys knee deep mud and rocks the size of compact cars. To each his own. Glad you're enjoying it. They are amazing machines

Reactions: joeymt33
whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
Just got back from riding. Had a blast. Had the family loaded up and it started to pour. Started to pack it up and not go. Wife jumped out and said she would be right back. Five minutes later. Redneck canvas back and sides.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got back from riding. Had a blast. Had the family loaded up and it started to pour. Started to pack it up and not go. Wife jumped out and said she would be right back. Five minutes later. Redneck canvas back and sides.

View attachment 18445
Heck yeah during a rain is a fun time to ride. As long as there's no lightning. Your wife is smart. You should listen to her more often lol

jasontjames

jasontjames

Lifetime Member
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just talked to who I think is the owner of the Jamestown Winfield trail. Very sweet old lady. Super nice. The website is louisianatrails.org seems ok. She says its tore up pretty bad right now with all the "mud hogging" and flood waters. New rules for atv/utvs. No tire with 1" or greater tread depth. She is trying to make it more of a trail ridding place instead of a mud hole. Going to try and make a plan to go here soon. Before it gets to hot. Supposingly 62 miles in close to a straight line.

That is about 3 hours east of me. That is practically next door in Texas mileage. I wouldn't mind taking a trip down that trail. If you decide to head out that way, let me know and I will join you.

J

Jeffro

Jun 20, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just talked to who I think is the owner of the Jamestown Winfield trail. Very sweet old lady. Super nice. The website is louisianatrails.org seems ok. She says its tore up pretty bad right now with all the "mud hogging" and flood waters. New rules for atv/utvs. No tire with 1" or greater tread depth. She is trying to make it more of a trail ridding place instead of a mud hole. Going to try and make a plan to go here soon. Before it gets to hot. Supposingly 62 miles in close to a straight line.
Did any of you ever try this trail? It's only about 45 minutes from me to the north trailhead and I've been wanting to go. Aren't you supposed to be a member and pay dues, like $25 a year?

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have not...........what city do you live in? I live in West Monroe, and have been thinking about going. I don't know anything about dues, and I didn't see anything on the website. I think they do request you support them, but I didn't think it was mandatory.

Waylan

J

Jeffro

Jun 20, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have not...........what city do you live in? I live in West Monroe, and have been thinking about going. I don't know anything about dues, and I didn't see anything on the website. I think they do request you support them, but I didn't think it was mandatory.

Waylan
I'm in Benton, right outside of Bossier. This is what I remembered reading about memberships, but maybe it's not mandatory. LOUISIANA TRAILS - Enjoy the Landscape

advertisement
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2

Waylan

Hello West Monroe
I live South of Rayville

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, I think it's just a voluntary membership/donation:

Upload 2016 9 8 10 14 10

B

Bfree66

Sep 1, 2016
North Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I live in Shreveport, and would like to join in on a HONDA ride down the tracks too. Ive never been either. I just picked my P1K5 last week. Did a 100 mile up in Mena Ark. over the holiday weekend. If someone puts a ride together let me know

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
@whayden2003 , how have you been? Haven't heard from you in a while! Hope all is well! Miss seeing your posts! Are you thinking about attending pioneer takeover 2017?o_O

Reactions: moparornocar
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We ride the tuscobia trail up here in Wisconsin quite a bit. Similar in that it follows an abandoned rail line. 74 miles one way with another 60 miles or more of connecting forest trails. If anybody wants to really rack up miles on their buggy come on up here! I'll make you wish you had cruise control lol

whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
Not sure if they are still putting on the "heat kits" or not. It did make I big difference on mine. Most have fixed the problem their selves with bulge pumps and such.

advertisement