P1000 FYI, Honda responce to heat problem

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I can get it high enough to keep most water away from it, mounting blowers in the section behind drivers legs would be a good location. Then it'd be a straight shot to the head/exhaust. I need to see how much of the head pipe I can reach too. I've already got 50' of header tape lol. But that might be a pain to remove during winter months.
Would you have to remove it during winter? I would just turn it off during winter, I am using a cig lighter hookup in d.ash

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am taking a different approach to the heat issue, I have taken on a second job to help augment my roof fund. What I've done is is made a deal with a local pizza shop to deliver pizzas in my P1K-5 non-deluxe. I use the heat from under the seat to keep the pizzas warm. Customers are extremely happy with receiving a hot pizza and have started requesting that I deliver their pizzas when ordering. My tips are twice that of the other delivery drivers!

There is a down side, my P1K-5 non-deluxe smells like pepperoni now
Quite the Entrepenuer, very good job. Wish it were legal just to run my 1000D. street legal and all, down to the local supermarket. Washington state sucks on west side, too many politically correct A-- wipes.

Riverrat

Riverrat

Jul 3, 2016
UP of Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Starting to experience the heat problem in my pioneer 1000-5-d, wasn't bad until I installed a half windshield with the full roof and we are now getting some days in the 80's here in the UP of Michigan. I'm hoping Honda comes up with a fix. Still isn't as bad as my CanAm Maverick was.

whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
Yep. I was "promised" a call back from a case worker in two days. When I called back close to the end of the two days I was told "I needed to be patient". Yea that pissed me off. 7 calendar days later. No word. I realize the holiday and weekends don't count but don't tell me something and don't do it.

advertisement
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yep. I was "promised" a call back from a case worker in two days. When I called back close to the end of the two days I was told "I needed to be patient". Yea that pissed me off. 7 calendar days later. No word. I realize the holiday and weekends don't count but don't tell me something and don't do it.

Yep, that's not any way to treat a customer.

whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
What is really starting to make it worse is that everyone seems to think we are complaining about something like heat on our "atv's". Well this isn't a Honda four trax this is a 18K flagship model. Best they got.

Redmist

Redmist

Jun 9, 2016
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I called and the person I talked to said it was a very limited problem! Maybe if everyone called that had the problem they would understand it is a big problem.

Reactions: Delton and drfubar
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Itd be different if we were talking about a 12.00 watch made in Korea or something. But this is a dang near 20 grand machine.
I'm off tomorrow so if others want to follow suit, let's all call at roughly the same time and complain. Anyone interested just let me know approx what time.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Itd be different if we were talking about a 12.00 watch made in Korea or something. But this is a dang near 20 grand machine.
I'm off tomorrow so if others want to follow suit, let's all call at roughly the same time and complain. Anyone interested just let me know approx what time.

Probably need a time listed and a common phone number

Reactions: sharp
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
A "limited problem" that they think they can fix with a rubber flap under the seat? :rolleyes:
Count me in !

CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They called me back and are scheduling with the dealer to fix the problem. They assured me the problem would be resolved.

Reactions: Crow_Hunter
educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
As promised, I got a call from my "case manager today." They have already contacted the dealer and said I should have my machine back within 2 weeks time.

On one hand, I'm glad they are going to fix it and am happy they have followed through thus far. On the other hand, if they have a fix, why is it going to take two weeks? I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

advertisement