P1000 FYI, Honda responce to heat problem

Riverrat

Riverrat

Jul 3, 2016
UP of Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The pioneer goes in tomorrow for the heat issue. I will update as I hear more about the fix and will post pics of what the solution is.
I called and the person I talked to said it was a very limited problem! Maybe if everyone called that had the problem they would understand it is a big problem.
They called me back and are scheduling with the dealer to fix the problem. They assured me the problem would be resolved.
I bet they won't build the 17 models with this problem, witch they must be building now.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
As promised, I got a call from my "case manager today." They have already contacted the dealer and said I should have my machine back within 2 weeks time.

On one hand, I'm glad they are going to fix it and am happy they have followed through thus far. On the other hand, if they have a fix, why is it going to take two weeks? I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.
I'm dying to know what the "fix" is. I would have assumed a drop in piece like I was in the process of but three hours labor and now you're saying weeks(but that'll be mainly the dealer) i'd like to know if it's reversible before we commit to it. You are very good at relaying information back so I'm excited to see yours going in

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I'm dying to know what the "fix" is. I would have assumed a drop in piece like I was in the process of but three hours labor and now you're saying weeks(but that'll be mainly the dealer) i'd like to know if it's reversible before we commit to it. You are very good at relaying information back so I'm excited to see yours going in
I'm dying to know too and the wait is going to kill me. Plus, it's summer and I want to play with my toy. (Insert whining here). And I will keep relaying info as I get it. But anyone who has this "very limited issue" please call Honda and let them know.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Redmist

Redmist

Jun 9, 2016
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Problem is when I called, they could not tell me if they had a fix! I will not let my Honda sit at the dealer for them to look for a problem, this has to be a fix from Honda, not just my dealer looking at it.

Reactions: SIHunter
pgiannetto65

pgiannetto65

Dec 19, 2015
What's the number to call Honda

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SIHunter
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm dying to know too and the wait is going to kill me. Plus, it's summer and I want to play with my toy. (Insert whining here). And I will keep relaying info as I get it. But anyone who has this "very limited issue" please call Honda and let them know.
Don't need to worry about complaining I get it. It's summer. I'll call as well

Reactions: Eltobgi and drfubar
whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
I have talked to the case manager. He has set me up with the dealer to call and get me in line for work to be done. He still didn't know what it was. Got a feeling this is going to be a running change on the assembly line for the 2017's and will only be fixed on the 2016's of there is a complaint.

George201074

George201074

Jun 6, 2016
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bet they won't build the 17 models with this problem, witch they must be building now.
How many are taking the doors off? I have a half windshield, roof, no doors and insulated under the seat and back panel. It's cooler than my 800 rzr was now.

Reactions: Crow_Hunter
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have talked to the case manager. He has set me up with the dealer to call and get me in line for work to be done. He still didn't know what it was. Got a feeling this is going to be a running change on the assembly line for the 2017's and will only be fixed on the 2016's of there is a complaint.

I talked to my sales guy just a little while ago about my P1000 that I am going to get. I asked him if he had heard anything and if they were going to be doing anything to just keep it until they had those parts in. He said that they haven't heard anything about it at this time. So it may still be in the prototype stage at this point for squeaky wheels.

advertisement
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
How many are taking the doors off? I have a half windshield, roof, no doors and insulated under the seat and back panel. It's cooler than my 800 rzr was now.

Interesting. I think you are the first person that has mentioned even removing the doors at all. What did you use for insulation? Did you try it with the doors on?

George201074

George201074

Jun 6, 2016
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Interesting. I think you are the first person that has mentioned even removing the doors at all. What did you use for insulation? Did you try it with the doors on?
No I hate being hot. I put it in and took the doors off the same night. My insulating jobs a bit hillbilly. I used a thin r16 foil coated insulation that comes in a roll. I'll add photos if I can figure out how

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
No I hate being hot. I put it in and took the doors off the same night. My insulating jobs a bit hillbilly. I used a thin r16 foil coated insulation that comes in a roll. I'll add photos if I can figure out how

Hillbilly tech is usually just as good as and sometimes better and usually significantly cheaper and faster. :)

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Problem is when I called, they could not tell me if they had a fix! I will not let my Honda sit at the dealer for them to look for a problem, this has to be a fix from Honda, not just my dealer looking at it.
I get that and I'm not happy with it being at the dealer either. But, I don't have any trips planned in the next few weeks so if I can get a fix with info to share, so be it. I truly hope that whatever comes of this time at the dealer gives you and others something to bring to your respective dealers to push them in the right direction.

Also, as I understand it, Honda is going to tell the dealer what needs to be done. When I dropped it off, the dealer didn't seem too excited about having a machine he couldn't touch until he got direction/parts from Honda.

Here is my perspective on this machine: I spent, what I consider, a lot of money on a toy/tool. I am not very mechanical and I don't have a lot of free time so I am not going to be the one to tinker with solutions in my garage. I'm also not going solve their problem by removing an accessory or doors or anything else that is made for the machine. I understand that heat will happen because it has a motor and I am not looking for this to be like a jeep or other refined vehicle. But what I am looking for is the ability to utilize the middle seat without my passenger's undergarments melting to my seat.
So I guess this is the fine tuning portion of their R &D process; let's hope they get it right.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I get that and I'm not happy with it being at the dealer either. But, I don't have any trips planned in the next few weeks so if I can get a fix with info to share, so be it. I truly hope that whatever comes of this time at the dealer gives you and others something to bring to your respective dealers to push them in the right direction.

Also, as I understand it, Honda is going to tell the dealer what needs to be done. When I dropped it off, the dealer didn't seem too excited about having a machine he couldn't touch until he got direction/parts from Honda.

Here is my perspective on this machine: I spent, what I consider, a lot of money on a toy/tool. I am not very mechanical and I don't have a lot of free time so I am not going to be the one to tinker with solutions in my garage. I'm also not going solve their problem by removing an accessory or doors or anything else that is made for the machine. I understand that heat will happen because it has a motor and I am not looking for this to be like a jeep or other refined vehicle. But what I am looking for is the ability to utilize the middle seat without my passenger's undergarments melting to my seat.
So I guess this is the fine tuning portion of their R &D process; let's hope they get it right.

I agree. I'll add accessories, do the general maintenance, etc. But when it comes to fixing problems that should have never been problems in the first place, Honda needs to step up and do their job.

ibleedjohndeeregreen

ibleedjohndeeregreen

Jun 21, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A nice gal named Pat called me today stating they have a fix and my dealer will be calling me with in two weeks to schedule a appointment. She couldn't tell me what the "fix" was but assured me that getting the issue fixed is a high priority.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A nice gal named Pat called me today stating they have a fix and my dealer will be calling me with in two weeks to schedule a appointment. She couldn't tell me what the "fix" was but assured me that getting the issue fixed is a high priority.

I've talked with Pat about a previous issue I had. She was great to work with.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As promised, I got a call from my "case manager today." They have already contacted the dealer and said I should have my machine back within 2 weeks time.

On one hand, I'm glad they are going to fix it and am happy they have followed through thus far. On the other hand, if they have a fix, why is it going to take two weeks? I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.
2 weeks?? Good grief. That's enough time to rebuild the engine. Three times. Lol

PCB67SS

PCB67SS

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2015
Panama City Beach
Today I also called Honda, cant remember the gentleman's name I spoke too but he said they were aware of the problem. What seems disheartening is...... he informed me they were working on or trying to find a fix and they had nothing currently. He said I would be contacted by a case manager withing 48 hours.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement