P1000 FYI, Honda responce to heat problem

George201074

George201074

Jun 6, 2016
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have installed the blower and the insulation under the seat. Heat is still unbearable while driving more than 20 minutes @ 10mph or slower. I have owned gators, artic cats, pioneer 700. Never had a heat issue before I bought the 1000-5 deluxe.
Seriously? Mines not bad with just insulation. Bearable at 20 and below atleast. Dont get me wrong it's no car with ac tho. Lol

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seriously? Mines not bad with just insulation. Bearable at 20 and below atleast. Dont get me wrong it's no car with ac tho. Lol
I installed 2 blowers and insulation under the seat... these mods completely resolved the heat issue. I creep along under 10-15mph most of the time, and its been 99degrees here lately. I'm not sure if I needed 2 blowers, but they don't cost much, and I really wanted the heat issue resolved!lol

Riverrat

Riverrat

Jul 3, 2016
UP of Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed 2 blowers and insulation under the seat... these mods completely resolved the heat issue. I creep along under 10-15mph most of the time, and its been 99degrees here lately. I'm not sure if I needed 2 blowers, but they don't cost much, and I really wanted the heat issue resolved!lol
Do you get much noise from the fans?

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have installed the blower and the insulation under the seat. Heat is still unbearable while driving more than 20 minutes @ 10mph or slower. I have owned gators, artic cats, pioneer 700. Never had a heat issue before I bought the 1000-5 deluxe.
I wonder why the blower and insulation solved the issue for myself and others, but not for you...?

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you get much noise from the fans?
the insulation under the seat helps knock the noise down, but yes, you can hear the fans. once the engine is revved up and running through the gears, I don't hear the blowers, but I do hear them when I stop.

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I have one and can absolutely see that 2 could be better. After riding some last night, I shut down my machine and left the blower run for a few minutes to carry away some heat. When I was behind it on either side I sure could feel the hot air being blown out. I don't think two would be over kill and once summer is over, out they come. I also like the manual operation vs a thermostat. I start the blower sometime before I get too much heat built up if I expect to be riding long and slow. In 95 degree weather, once it's hot it is much harder to get cool.

Reactions: Everett and Stauvo
Riverrat

Riverrat

Jul 3, 2016
UP of Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
the insulation under the seat helps knock the noise down, but yes, you can hear the fans. once the engine is revved up and running through the gears, I don't hear the blowers, but I do hear them when I stop.
Thanks for the reply. I wonder if fans will be part of the Honda fix?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks for the reply. I wonder if fans will be part of the Honda fix?
I truly doubt it. It will be insulation and a a cover. Maybe they will call it the "warm weather package "

Reactions: JTH and joeymt33
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have one and can absolutely see that 2 could be better. After riding some last night, I shut down my machine and left the blower run for a few minutes to carry away some heat. When I was behind it on either side I sure could feel the hot air being blown out. I don't think two would be over kill and once summer is over, out they come. I also like the manual operation vs a thermostat. I start the blower sometime before I get too much heat built up if I expect to be riding long and slow. In 95 degree weather, once it's hot it is much harder to get cool.
I definitely agree about the manual switch, and was excited to feel the heat being blown out the rear too!

I used a 4" fan and a 3" fan. The area where the 4" fan blows is open all the way to the back of the machine, but the 3" mounted under the drivers side of the seat pretty much blows right into the motor. There is a little space between the motor and the seat, so I'm sure there is some air blown through that side too, but I figured 90% of my benefit is coming from the 4" blower mounted under the passenger side of the seat. That's the one that blows across the exhaust manifold and down the full length of the exhaust pipe.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I wonder why the blower and insulation solved the issue for myself and others, but not for you...?
Windshield ?
Read panel ?
ibleed is getting heat from from the dash.

Did you insulate that red-hot black plastic between the upper and lower seats? I did that first - but maybe not needed if blowers are running.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any more pics of blower install sites? Trying to see exactly where everyone has them mounted. I expect to be off 4 days next week and intend to install mine. I've got PioneerPetes printed off lol.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So like many others I called and talked to Joe at American Honda and he was real understanding about the heat problem. Ask me a couple questions and has the "evaluation kit" being sent to my dealer right now Said it's designed to kill off the heat and dust which makes sense. I was going to wait to see what others felt about the kit but I figured I'd order it and if I don't like it I'll pull it out if I do need heat back.

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So like many others I called and talked to Joe at American Honda and he was real understanding about the heat problem. Ask me a couple questions and has the "evaluation kit" being sent to my dealer right now Said it's designed to kill off the heat and dust which makes sense. I was going to wait to see what others felt about the kit but I figured I'd order it and if I don't like it I'll pull it out if I do need heat back.
Is the dealer gonna have to install it? Hate to take mine in just for that. There are a couple mods I'd rather they not see on mine lmao. Luckily they are all reversible

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Is the dealer gonna have to install it? Hate to take mine in just for that. There are a couple mods I'd rather they not see on mine lmao. Luckily they are all reversible
Yep! I tried my damnest to try to get them to let me take responsibility for the kit or at least send it to my Friend with a Yamaha dealer but not a chance! Sucks! If you're worried about your snorkel it should be fine that's what I was told multiple times and even had them make a note of it.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Heat problem solved!

George201074

George201074

Jun 6, 2016
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Awesome do you think a small fan from autozone would work?

ibleedjohndeeregreen

ibleedjohndeeregreen

Jun 21, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't know why but I would sure love to knock down the heat. I am considering adding a second blower under the seat. I am not expecting air conditioned cab, but like I mentioned before I have owned numerous sxs including the pioneer 700. The heat from the 1000-5 deluxe is by far the worst. To the point people refuse to ride in it

Reactions: PioneerPete
advertisement