Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well it seems Honda is going to take care of this one at least. Give them a call

ibleedjohndeeregreen

ibleedjohndeeregreen

Jun 21, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Windshield ?
Read panel ?
ibleed is getting heat from from the dash.

Did you insulate that red-hot black plastic between the upper and lower seats? I did that first - but maybe not needed if blowers are running.
Well it seems Honda is going to take care of this one at least. Give them a call

Honda has contacted me. Just waiting on the dealer to schedule the appointment. Really hoping this will be the fix.

ibleedjohndeeregreen

ibleedjohndeeregreen

Jun 21, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
FYI only accessory I have is a hard top roof

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Ive got hard top and hard mid panel.
That piece of plastic between the top and bottom seat was like a heater element before I insulated it.
I don't even turn the blower on since I took the windshield off for summer.

I haven't been getting the same heat you guys further south are. Seem really weird tho - that we're getting such different results.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
AllenAdventure

AllenAdventure

May 23, 2016
Charlotte NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The "fix" i mentioned a few pages back is a large rubber mat that covers the whole under side of the front seat and some weatherstripping (sorta like the windshields). The customer I mentioned before hasn't brought his in yet but I hope to have some pictures to post soon of what it looks like installed.
It was put on mine today. It's supposed to hit 100 tomorrow so it will be a good test.

advertisement
T

tsummerl

Mar 31, 2016
Broaddus Texas
Called honda today. They said my dealer should be calling me in the next two weeks to install a fix as part of an evaluation and need feedback. What ever that is.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just got it back late this afternoon. I'll see what I can see and try and get a picture before it gets muddy.
That would be cool I'm sure I'm not the only one that would love to see it and hear a review as you are the first

Last edited:
AllenAdventure

AllenAdventure

May 23, 2016
Charlotte NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow, that was fast. Wonder why I have to wait two weeks.
I told my dealer about the issue three months ago. He's in Monroe NC and the SC plant is pretty close. I got one of the first five sets that have gone out. I think this is the first attempt at addressing the problem and they're wanting some feedback on the improvement.

ibleedjohndeeregreen

ibleedjohndeeregreen

Jun 21, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I told my dealer about the issue three months ago. He's in Monroe NC and the SC plant is pretty close. I got one of the first five sets that have gone out. I think this is the first attempt at addressing the problem and they're wanting some feedback on the improvement.

Can you post some pictures of the "fix"

M

Madore128

Mar 28, 2016
Ma
I wanta see the fix also!!!! I have dynamat. the silver bubble wrap s***. An 1 blow an it's pretty good. But deff could be better

Jody

Jody

Jan 12, 2016
Manitoba
yes please do post some pics so that I can show my dealer. I mentioned that there was a fix for this issue and they never heard of anything so if I can find some info they will look into addressing it.

Reactions: SIHunter
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For the love of Pete please post some pics!!! Lol If all it is is a rubber mat under the seat then I don't see how it'll work any better than the heat shielding I'm already using. I'll be mounting my 2 blowers this coming week while I'm off.

advertisement