PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Windshield ?
Read panel ?
ibleed is getting heat from from the dash.

Did you insulate that red-hot black plastic between the upper and lower seats? I did that first - but maybe not needed if blowers are running.
I have the split windshield and no rear panel. Maybe that is the difference. I don't notice any significant heat from the dash. I did insulate the plastic piece between the upper and lower seat cushions. The insulation helped ~10%, but the blowers helped another ~75%.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome do you think a small fan from autozone would work?
I'd recommend the twin bilge blowers. If you notice in the pics they have a bit of a tunnel shroud around them that seems to help move the air better than a regular fan would. But hell, who knows... if you try it, let the rest of us know how it works!

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't know why but I would sure love to knock down the heat. I am considering adding a second blower under the seat. I am not expecting air conditioned cab, but like I mentioned before I have owned numerous sxs including the pioneer 700. The heat from the 1000-5 deluxe is by far the worst. To the point people refuse to ride in it
I feel your pain... nobody wanted to ride with me either. I added some insulation under the black plastic piece that goes between the upper and lower seat cushions, and that helped a little. But after I added the twin bilge blowers, the issue is resolved for me. I will say that I have the split windshield and no rear panel. I also have full skid plates.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got mine installed little while ago. Hope to do a field test sometime before Friday.
IMG 20160711 200613036 800x450

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thinking on the uppers the pin doesn't have the clearance to come out after you remove the E clips.
Yes that is right, I tried to remove passenger side door for better access into the rig inside my enclosed trailer. What a pain, you can remove the clip but to pull the pin out... not enough clearance, so gave that up. :-(

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Unless Honda's "fix" involves a blower, which it doesn't, you all are going to be sorely disappointed... my recommendation is that you spend the $20 and an hour of your time to install the bilge blower, and move on with your life. you'll spend more time and money carting it back and forth to the dealer to get the "manufacturer" fix, and you're still not going to be satisfied.
I also called the Honda number today about the heat problem (866-784-1870). Nice man took all my info and stated my dealer will call me back and set up appt. to help problem. I told him I had installed solar insulation under front seat but still very hot behind seat. He did not have details about exactly what the fix was but that the dealer will handle it? Will keep all informed about any fix. I still trust Honda to take care of it.

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got mine installed little while ago. Hope to do a field test sometime before Friday.
View attachment 18196
Need a little more info. What exactly did you have to remove to get to this picture? Is this under a panel behind the front seat ? Just received two 4 inch bilge blowers from amazon to mount somewhere. Still evaluating all information on this site.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I added a blower blowing twords passenger side then used a vent hose and ran it down past the gas tank. It exits through the skid plate. Factory skid has a perfect hole in it. So it actually gets rid of the hot air and boy does it work.

advertisement
Hudge

Hudge

Feb 15, 2016
Farmington N.M.
Got a call from Pat today from Honda customer service I guess I'll let them test my PK1-3 with this shield they are trying

Reactions: ofrcboy
whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
Dropping mine off at the dealer Friday. Said it would be ready Saturday but I can't get back there till the next Friday. So I'll see then if it's better. Got to be better.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I cant take it anymore - some take a f#$%ing picture of the install ! LOL
I don't even know why I need to see cause heat is not a big problem for me right now but this thread is driving me nuts.

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
My dealer just called. Honda is sending the parts and installation instructions to the dealer tomorrow. Then I will be given a number to call to give updates as to whether or not it's working. I'm no engineer or mechanic but I'm thinking that they should have had me take a baseline temp reading before the install and again after to avoid this fix being a piece of rubber placebo.

Again, I will update as I learn more.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Need a little more info. What exactly did you have to remove to get to this picture? Is this under a panel behind the front seat ? Just received two 4 inch bilge blowers from amazon to mount somewhere. Still evaluating all information on this site.
Only thing I removed was the seat bottom. There's a round support bar running front/back that I used to mount. Used a U-bolt and 2" flat stock to mount blowers. Hope that helps.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wed's high is 92 here and I plan to take daughter salamander hunting at the creek at Bull Run (it's a 6yr old thing lol). With temps like that, the blowers effectiveness will definitely be tested (I already know it'll work cause @PioneerPete said so lol). I'm also gonna finally have some tunes on the trails with my new Bluetooth system. I got over 80 songs on my phone and I intend to play every one of them lol. Seriously though, I'll post a report soon as we return.

pgiannetto65

pgiannetto65

Dec 19, 2015
Mine is just sitting at dealer waiting for part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I cant take it anymore - some take a f#$%ing picture of the install ! LOL
I don't even know why I need to see cause heat is not a big problem for me right now but this thread is driving me nuts.
Awesome @ghost you said what I wanted to exactly:)

Reactions: MAV and ghost
advertisement