P1000 FYI, Honda responce to heat problem

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I told my dealer about the issue three months ago. He's in Monroe NC and the SC plant is pretty close. I got one of the first five sets that have gone out. I think this is the first attempt at addressing the problem and they're wanting some feedback on the improvement.
That makes sense. I hope it helps your ride

pgiannetto65

pgiannetto65

Dec 19, 2015
C61363b2d12b4a92b5a85058a54a0bfb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pgiannetto65

pgiannetto65

Dec 19, 2015
I dropped mine off at dealers today to get it done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: drfubar
H

HondaTech

Still haven't done ours yet, I'll report s soon as we do. Our customer uses the heck out of his unit and it's hard to schedule a time to get him in.

Reactions: MAV
AllenAdventure

AllenAdventure

May 23, 2016
Charlotte NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm glad someone ousted pictures because I looked today after we washed it down and couldn't really see anything to take pictures of. The good news is in 95 plus degree riding for about five hours there was a big improvement . I do also have the under the seat Ebay product installed which helped, but this seems to have made a big improvement.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm glad someone ousted pictures because I looked today after we washed it down and couldn't really see anything to take pictures of. The good news is in 95 plus degree riding for about five hours there was a big improvement . I do also have the under the seat Ebay product installed which helped, but this seems to have made a big improvement.
So the insulator was still able to be in there as well?:) I'm super glad to hear your positive review! Did it help for the dust?

Reactions: Jbird
advertisement
Riverrat

Riverrat

Jul 3, 2016
UP of Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the up date, I'm glad it helped, I will be calling Honda this week.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

Did it stop just the seat heat or did it stop the heat coming up behind/between the seat and the seat back as well?

How about the heat on the back of your legs, I assume no different?

It looks to be of the same material as what is covering the opening under the drivers side seat.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Did it stop just the seat heat or did it stop the heat coming up behind/between the seat and the seat back as well?

How about the heat on the back of your legs, I assume no different?

It looks to be of the same material as what is covering the opening under the drivers side seat.
I sure hope it's thicker then that! :-(

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I had the back seats folded down all day. Front seat was better all the way around.

You didn't happen to put your arm up on the back of the bench seats did you? That is surprisingly hot on my machine. I assume this change wouldn't affect it, but honestly looking at the part, I have no idea where it even goes.o_O

AllenAdventure

AllenAdventure

May 23, 2016
Charlotte NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone know if this is installed under the body and not under the seat area?
I believe this is installed under the body panel itself. That's why I couldn't see anything to take a picture and my under the seat insulation was undisturbed. My dealer told me the material was supposed to absorb the heat and not transfer it on the other side. Thick, thin or otherwise it cooled mine off more than the under the seat insulation alone had done. It's a big step in the right direction. I can't speak for any improvements for rear passengers as I haven't had my seats up.

PCB67SS

PCB67SS

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2015
Panama City Beach
Thanks Allen.....you didn't happen to have full aftermarket skid plate installed did you?

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I believe this is installed under the body panel itself. That's why I couldn't see anything to take a picture and my under the seat insulation was undisturbed. My dealer told me the material was supposed to absorb the heat and not transfer it on the other side. Thick, thin or otherwise it cooled mine off more than the under the seat insulation alone had done. It's a big step in the right direction. I can't speak for any improvements for rear passengers as I haven't had my seats up.

I wonder if it goes under the plastic under their feet? I was looking last night and I thought about what it would take to add an extra layer of insulation there.

advertisement