Garmin - TOPO US 24K - Southeast Maps

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm seriously considering purchasing this mapping product from Garmin and was wondering if any of you have experience with it and can comment on it.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/prod30154.html

I've run a Garmin Zumo 665 on my bikes and plan to use the same on the Pioneer. I've ordered the maps from VVMapping.com and they cover the larger trail systems in the Appalachian where I am most likely to be spending most of my time. I've been thinking about Forest Service Roads for both the Pioneer and my Suzuki V-Strom DL-1000.

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will probably pull the trigger on this software in the next week or two and will be sure to report my opinion.

Received the VVMapping maps today and it all installed as advertised. Look forward to putting in to use!

Would still welcome any opinions...

Reactions: sharp
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is that anything like the old TL1000's? Those were great bikes.

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is that anything like the old TL1000's? Those were great bikes.

I honestly don't know... This bike is solid and a tank. But, being 1000 cc it is no dirt bike, that's for sure. I'll have to post some pictures, it's set up with an auxiliary fuel tank (total of just under 11 gallons), Jessie saddle bags, tank and pannier bags, hydration system, etc... I've upgraded the suspension to a custom designed Hyper Pro shock and front springs. Sweet machine for sure...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

J

JTW

I honestly don't know... This bike is solid and a tank. But, being 1000 cc it is no dirt bike, that's for sure. I'll have to post some pictures, it's set up with an auxiliary fuel tank (total of just under 11 gallons), Jessie saddle bags, tank and pannier bags, hydration system, etc... I've upgraded the suspension to a custom designed Hyper Pro shock and front springs. Sweet machine for sure...

I wanna see!!! Sounds awesome!

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member

Pictures bro!

Reactions: Manwell
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Please do! Some of us poor souls are at work on weekends.
I've got a lot of pics of that machine, looked quickly early this AM and couldn't find a single one!! Just need to spend a few minutes in the office and figure out where they are out of the 1000's of digit photos I keep - for some reason!

Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
I have a handheld garmin I use for hunting and running lines. I use gps file depot for all my maps. It has 24k topo on it as well. It is broke down by states. It's free and it showes you how to convert them to your garmin basemAps.

Reactions: BULLDOG6
advertisement
B

BULLDOG6

Jun 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Big Red
I use a garm
I'm seriously considering purchasing this mapping product from Garmin and was wondering if any of you have experience with it and can comment on it.

TOPO U.S. 24K - Southeast | Garmin

I've run a Garmin Zumo 665 on my bikes and plan to use the same on the Pioneer. I've ordered the maps from VVMapping.com and they cover the larger trail systems in the Appalachian where I am most likely to be spending most of my time. I've been thinking about Forest Service Roads for both the Pioneer and my Suzuki V-Strom DL-1000.[/QUOTE

I've run a Garmin Zumo 665 on my bikes and plan to use the same on the Pioneer. I've ordered the maps from VVMapping.com and they cover the larger trail systems in the Appalachian where I am most likely to be spending most of my time. I've been thinking about Forest Service Roads for both the Pioneer and my Suzuki V-Strom DL-1000.
I use a Garmin Montana, 650 T I think, it came with topo maps. Then I purchased from Dan Koerner an overlay , color coded trail map of Windrock, Brimstone, Tacket Creek, all of North Cumberland WMA in TN. Cost $50.00. super accurate. Good for those who don't like satellite imagery. It does not have Hatfield and McCoy. All trails are named and numbered and colored for difficulty. Must have a Garmin to download to and a laptop . Also has local points of interest such as overlooks, water falls, etc.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2

I have a Garmin Oregon and I use this map. I've used several of the Garmin maps and I've used the free basemaps. They all work really well. You do need to set aside some time to learn the features and how to use them (I'm talking about the gps AND the map)

Garmin is the best GPS out there. They are very protective of their maps. Sometimes the way they guard from pirating makes it difficult to use. If you will spend the time to learn how to use it you will love it.

Reactions: sharp
VenturaChuck

VenturaChuck

Apr 22, 2016
Ventura, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I have run my Garmin Zumo 660 on my Gold Wing, use it in the RV, and use it on my Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe. The stock mapping shows all the USFS trails that I have been on plus the BLM trails here in the Mojave Desert.

Try using your Zumo 665's stock mapping before you buy more.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!