Gas milage?

R

ronb47

Nov 14, 2018
US
I'm interested in what approximate gas mileage folks are getting with their 1000-5's. Also what grade Fuel are you using? E.g. premium, low octane, no ethanol?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm interested in what approximate gas mileage folks are getting with their 1000-5's. Also what grade Fuel are you using? E.g. premium, low octane, no ethanol?

Gas milage? Thats a loaded question for a sxs lol. What conditions, tires size stock 27,28,29,30,31? Not to bust your balls but i didnt buy one for the milage lol. I couldnt tell you the average miles i get out of the tank it varies so much with where and how i ride lol. I can tell u the type of gas i use tho. I like to use Rec fuel when i can and mid grade when no rec fuel is available. But when Biden closed the Keystone pipe line screwed us all! and the price of fuel right now, rec fuel is crazy expencvie.

So I see this is your first post since u joined in 18’ Welcome to the club from Miiiichigan.! Where in the “US” u from also?
Oh and ...Pics or it didnt happen!

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Typically I get around 20 mpg. If running some of the more treacherous trails with a lot of crawling in low range, the mileage drops to around 15-18. I won’t own anything that needs anything but regular gas.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Typically I get around 20 mpg. If running some of the more treacherous trails with a lot of crawling in low range, the mileage drops to around 15-18. I won’t own anything that needs anything but regular gas.
Stock tires or aftermarket?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
System3 XTR 350’s 10x14x28 and not a lot of highway. Didn’t really see any mileage difference from the factory 27’s.
Interesting. I have 30”LT’s and there a slight bit heavier than std UTV tires. Your RPM also changes with the bigger wheels also. Would be interesting in a full tank. on lets say dirt road normal driving to see the difference in a tank. From what u have said, id say with my driving im getting 15ish lol

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
System3 XTR 350’s 10x14x28 and not a lot of highway. Didn’t really see any mileage difference from the factory 27’s.
You have to remember I’m in Arizona, no mud, occasional stream crossings and some fairly grainy sand in most of the washes. It’s not blow sand like Utah but decomposed granite. Lots of rocky trails.

Stateboy

Stateboy

Lifetime Member
Apr 5, 2021
Wolverine, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Around 100 miles per tank.
I was reading/following this post and wondered how far a tank of gas would get. I don't have mine yet but wondered if getting an add-on or carry-with gas can would be an option to consider. Thanks for the input.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

R

ronb47

Nov 14, 2018
US
Remington, thanks for the reply. You're right, it was kind of a loaded question but wasn't intended to be. I actually made some assumptions which I should have stated and didn't. I didnt think anyone bought one of these to do any racing or intense 'sport' activities? For the most part I'm leaving my tires stock. If I were going to cruise around the community or stay on asphalt, you can get golf carts alot cheaper than we're paying for these DLX's and LE's. I'm planning on using mine for 'Overlanding' and other offroad, cross country travel. Some overlanding can and usually does include travel on gravel or asphalt roads. So I will be getting a set of DOT all terrain tires to augment the stock tires should a particular trip need to be on road? I have three side by side currently. An older Kubota RTV 900 diesel which I use around my property and on hunting trips. A CAN AM Maverick XRS which I enjoy riding dunes and desert terrain. I just bought a new 21 10005 DLX to travel and camp on extended overland rides, e.g the Arizona Peace trail, the Paiute, Arapeen, and many others. Most all will be a variety of roads to also some difficult stretches with everything in between. My specific reason for the milage question was to use as a starting point for planning on how much spare fuel Ishouuld consider on some extended trips I'm planning. Thanks to all who replied.
Ron

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Remington, thanks for the reply. You're right, it was kind of a loaded question but wasn't intended to be. I actually made some assumptions which I should have stated and didn't. I didnt think anyone bought one of these to do any racing or intense 'sport' activities? For the most part I'm leaving my tires stock. If I were going to cruise around the community or stay on asphalt, you can get golf carts alot cheaper than we're paying for these DLX's and LE's. I'm planning on using mine for 'Overlanding' and other offroad, cross country travel. Some overlanding can and usually does include travel on gravel or asphalt roads. So I will be getting a set of DOT all terrain tires to augment the stock tires should a particular trip need to be on road? I have three side by side currently. An older Kubota RTV 900 diesel which I use around my property and on hunting trips. A CAN AM Maverick XRS which I enjoy riding dunes and desert terrain. I just bought a new 21 10005 DLX to travel and camp on extended overland rides, e.g the Arizona Peace trail, the Paiute, Arapeen, and many others. Most all will be a variety of roads to also some difficult stretches with everything in between. My specific reason for the milage question was to use as a starting point for planning on how much spare fuel Ishouuld consider on some extended trips I'm planning. Thanks to all who replied.
Ron

You should at least get a 100+ miles on a tank unless you're doing some all day long, slow rough trails. If they're that slow and rough, you won't be covering a 100 miles in a day anyways. I always take fuel when I know I'm potentially doing a 100 miles but I've yet to actually need it.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My 1st long ride was a solo ride with no extra fuel. My fuel gauge was flashing for the last 10 miles and I was worried I wasn't gonna make it. Pulled into the gas station at 90 miles and it only held a little over 5 gallon. That meant I still had around 2 gallons left.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I was reading/following this post and wondered how far a tank of gas would get. I don't have mine yet but wondered if getting an add-on or carry-with gas can would be an option to consider. Thanks for the input.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I have had one in my machine for years. You never know when youll need it. Ive needed it once and bailed another rider out another.

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Remington - I've been trying to nail down the mileage in my 2021 P1K5 LE with stock tires. I do distance So. Utah rides and prefer to ride and not walk out.
So far, I'm between 15 to 20 mpg. The P1K5 seems to have a flat and wide gas tank, so if you are not level when filling you can add a fair amount of fuzz in the math.
Per other posts, I carry a Jerry can with extra fuel when going deep off road.
This is on Seven Mile Rim north of Moab a few weeks ago.
P1K LE 7 Mile Rim

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Remington - I've been trying to nail down the mileage in my 2021 P1K5 LE with stock tires. I do distance So. Utah rides and prefer to ride and not walk out.
So far, I'm between 15 to 20 mpg. The P1K5 seems to have a flat and wide gas tank, so if you are not level when filling you can add a fair amount of fuzz in the math.
Per other posts, I carry a Jerry can with extra fuel when going deep off road.
This is on Seven Mile Rim north of Moab a few weeks ago.
View attachment 269258
Thats cool your able to nail it down to The specifics.

Now, is that a moving pic or is my eyes going to hell?

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve just calculated my avg MPG with stock tires and 28x10x14’s. This is over 2,937 miles. With stock tires 20.5 MPG and with the new 28’s 21.6 MPG. Changed to 28’s at 1700 miles.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
reminds me of people who buy a heavy duty truck and concerned about gas milege
Even people with heavy duty trucks like to know how far they can go before before having to refuel. As erratic as the Honda gas gauges are it’s a good idea to know how much extra gas to pack along. Hitch hiking on a highway for gas is a lot easier than hiking in the back country for 25 miles because your gauge was off. The difference between 18-19 Mpg empty and 11-1/2 Mpg loaded with a 30 gallon tank is a lot of miles.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!